MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pflee said:

Hi guys,

It's been 61 days and I literally just received an email from the embassy saying that AP has been completed and asked to submit passport, itinerary, and a copy of their email which states that AP has been completed!!!!!

Congratulations!!! :D 

Hopefully, more people here will be receiving their good news soon! 

Edited by SaRy

~~~

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi pflee,

By what time (your local time) did you received the email.

Mine is already 75 days passed after the VI and 61 days after submitting DS5535 but still it's under AP.  This wait is killing.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Usvisa2017 said:

Hi pflee,

By what time (your local time) did you received the email.

Mine is already 75 days passed after the VI and 61 days after submitting DS5535 but still it's under AP.  This wait is killing.

I received an email from them at 9:02am Korea time. I totally understand how frustrated it is...:( 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Our interview for CR-1 was 8/9 the next day we were told to complete the 5535. The case hasn't been touched since 8/17 or so. We're in AP too

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 9/1/2017 at 1:46 AM, pflee said:

Hi guys,

It's been 61 days and I literally just received an email from the embassy saying that AP has been completed and asked to submit passport, itinerary, and a copy of their email which states that AP has been completed!!!!!

Congrats 

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, Renee14 said:

Our interview for CR-1 was 8/9 the next day we were told to complete the 5535. The case hasn't been touched since 8/17 or so. We're in AP too

If you filled out that form and your are put on AP. Expect to be on AP for at least two months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
57 minutes ago, maryam78 said:

If you filled out that form and your are put on AP. Expect to be on AP for at least two months.

Does the embassy make many updates to the CEAC website during this time? Do they ever ask for more evidence and things?

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Renee14 said:

Does the embassy make many updates to the CEAC website during this time? Do they ever ask for more evidence and things?

I got update when I reached my 60 days of AP. Every case is different though. I guess at this stage they will let u know if something is missing or require more evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Hi, 

I guess I'll join everyone else. My fiancé had his interview August 24th at the US Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone and was given the ds-5355 form to return the following Monday between the hours of 3pm-4pm. He returned the form that Monday and it was updated that day (the 28th) and then again the 29th. Nothing has changed since then. The consular wrote on the 221g that the process can take up to 90 days. They did return his passport which expires in May 2018, but the return of the passport scares me, as I've heard that's a bad sign. I don't know if it's because we need at least 6 months validity on the passport or what. This AP really scares me and it's what I dreaded the most because of horror stories. Any advice given is appreciated! TIA 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Tarsha said:

Hi, 

I guess I'll join everyone else. My fiancé had his interview August 24th at the US Embassy Freetown, Sierra Leone and was given the ds-5355 form to return the following Monday between the hours of 3pm-4pm. He returned the form that Monday and it was updated that day (the 28th) and then again the 29th. Nothing has changed since then. The consular wrote on the 221g that the process can take up to 90 days. They did return his passport which expires in May 2018, but the return of the passport scares me, as I've heard that's a bad sign. I don't know if it's because we need at least 6 months validity on the passport or what. This AP really scares me and it's what I dreaded the most because of horror stories. Any advice given is appreciated! TIA 

I got my passport back with a pink slip. today I complete 30 days or more. Hope I get it before Spring semester started. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.