MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-3 Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, mohamadmashta said:

Hey Maryam! you got an update then they called you for your visa or you are still waiting?

No, they didn't call or anything yet. Just an update. Not sure what that means.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mohamadmashta said:

did you try to submit an inquiry? It might help ....

Not yet, I was going wait for week or so to see if anything happens. If I don't get anymore updates I will sent them an email or call Nvc

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Just now, maryam78 said:

Not yet, I was going wait for week or so to see if anything happens. If I don't get anymore updates I will sent them an email or call Nvc

Good luck to you and all of us ..... hopefully you hear the good news soon then share it here!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am in the same boat. Had the interview July 13th and no updates since. I have being emailing them but same response every time.

Do they ever tell people the reasons why its delayed? 

Very very frustrating

Filed: Country:
Timeline
7 hours ago, maryam78 said:

Hopefully everything clears after 60 days and you hear something soon. I got an update on my case when it reached 60 days.

Did they not say anything after you reached 60 days? How long has it been for you? The embassy told me that the investigation ends in 60 days, and they'll let you know if there's further investigation to do afterwards. It's been so difficult for all of us.....

Timeline
7 hours ago, colm_1987 said:

I am in the same boat. Had the interview July 13th and no updates since. I have being emailing them but same response every time.

Do they ever tell people the reasons why its delayed? 

Very very frustrating

i feel you. unfortunately they don't tell you why it's delayed...it's more frustrating to wait without a specific timeframe...

Timeline
10 minutes ago, pflee said:

Did they not say anything after you reached 60 days? How long has it been for you? The embassy told me that the investigation ends in 60 days, and they'll let you know if there's further investigation to do afterwards. It's been so difficult for all of us.....

I have been in AP since beginning July. I called NVC today. They said the only thing they can tell me is that I am still in AP.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hey Good day guys 

I a few minutes ago I gave a call to NVC number (603) 334-0888. I have applied for DS-5535 I thought these paper go to Washington DC to get it check because when I call the NVC they told me my application is in the embassy in my country, everything looks fine but I do not know it takes time. I am worried because my school been started this Monday and the school give me until 11 of September to get my visa done. but next week the US embassy in Saudi Arabia will have a holiday of Eid al Adha for a week so I don't know if it possible to get a call tomorrow. 

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Ahmad94 said:

Hey Good day guys 

I a few minutes ago I gave a call to NVC number (603) 334-0888. I have applied for DS-5535 I thought these paper go to Washington DC to get it check because when I call the NVC they told me my application is in the embassy in my country, everything looks fine but I do not know it takes time. I am worried because my school been started this Monday and the school give me until 11 of September to get my visa done. but next week the US embassy in Saudi Arabia will have a holiday of Eid al Adha for a week so I don't know if it possible to get a call tomorrow. 

I don't know what to believe anymore. This lady at the embassy in my home country told me a few weeks ago that my case was sent directly to Washington DC for approval. Turned out that she lied because when I spoke to another person the next day, she confirmed that my case was being handled in my home country.....Wait..so did they tell you your case looks fine and they arent sure why its taking time? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, pflee said:

I don't know what to believe anymore. This lady at the embassy in my home country told me a few weeks ago that my case was sent directly to Washington DC for approval. Turned out that she lied because when I spoke to another person the next day, she confirmed that my case was being handled in my home country.....Wait..so did they tell you your case looks fine and they arent sure why its taking time? 

Yes, this is what NVC told me your application looks fine and no need for additional info, and when I told him my school started this money he told me you need to go check with them

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ahmad94 said:

Yes, this is what NVC told me your application looks fine and no need for additional info, and when I told him my school started this money he told me you need to go check with them

oh wow.......have they mentioned that your application was under administrative processing at all? that is so strange....and did you contact your embassy?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, pflee said:

oh wow.......have they mentioned that your application was under administrative processing at all? that is so strange....and did you contact your embassy?

no, they did not tell me, but every time I contacted the embassy they told me under AP. I am confused 

4 hours ago, Ahmad94 said:

Hey Good day guys 

Hey Ahmad,

What are you planning to do about your university? I'm in a similar situation myself in that, my case is also in AP and my classes started last week. Plus, I need to pay half of my tuition fees by September the 4th. My interview was on July the 30th (was put in AP) and I was asked to submit the DS-5535 the following day, which I did. It's been exactly a month for me and it looks as though it's gonna take longer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.