Siphiwe

Can my Fiance travel outside the US after she arrives

62 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

So why tell people they have been approved when they haven't actually been approved? All it does it create an expectation. It takes 50 days to do a name check???LMAO. They are only just now doing a name check? Cross referencing what???? Also, I don't think giving me specific information about my case would pose a danger to the United States. I don't think it poses a threat to say, "Hey, we are double checking you bank statement, this should take about a week"....

No, not for you specifically maybe but for the process as a whole, transparency isn't' the aim. They are approved "pending everything checks out". Which is assumed, but they can't issue the visa until it actually is. and LOL imagine if they did that for everyone... they'd need to increase the number of ppl working there just to do those updates, and if not then the process would be even slower, cause they had to do those updates. I don't understand why you don't just accept the way it is and go into problem solving mode instead of being so focused on being upset about it, You're an athlete, focus on the end goal and don't let the rest get to you is my advice. Take it or leave it. I wish you and your fiancée the best.

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

You have no idea what they are checking.  Perhaps there is something that has come up in her background check.  Perhaps something she hasn't told you but which the US government is interested in.  You can rationalize and rage on that it doesn't take 50 days to do a name check but you don't know that that is what they are doing.

As you'll find out - as hard as it is, and as difficult as it is - immigration to the US is beyond your absolute control.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Ok. Thanks everyone. If I find out anything I will post. I did contact my US Congressman and if he finds out anything, I will post that, too. Finally, to this: "They don't care about people being understanding.  Their job is not to make you happy.  Their job is to protect the US." Treating people with respect and dignity is how you protect the US. Patriotism flourishes when people feel their government actually cares about them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
1 minute ago, Siphiwe said:

So why tell people they have been approved when they haven't actually been approved? All it does it create an expectation. It takes 50 days to do a name check???LMAO. They are only just now doing a name check? Cross referencing what???? Also, I don't think giving me specific information about my case would pose a danger to the United States. I don't think it poses a threat to say, "Hey, we are double checking you bank statement, this should take about a week"....

I think you just don't clearly understand how the process works so you're now upset being not ready for all this. Yes, sometimes it does take 50 days to do a name check. But it can be something else. Again, we have no info about your wife and her background. May be she used to sell weapons, we do not know it. Or someone with her name did the same thing, who the hell knows? Again, what is your point here and how does it help to resolve your delays? Any idea? Crying here will not do the trick. Ask them specific questions and update it here.

Timeline

How would I know how the process works beyond what is published? How would I know that it takes 50 days to do a name check. That's why I came to this forum because when I inquire to the Counsulate, they don't give any answers. So I don't understand why I am expected to know something that they wont tell me. That's silly. But I do appreciate the insight everyone is giving me. Obviously, I know I am not a terrorist and my fiance knows She is not a terrorist, so from our perspective, we can't imagine what the hold up is.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

Ok. Thanks everyone. If I find out anything I will post. I did contact my US Congressman and if he finds out anything, I will post that, too. Finally, to this: "They don't care about people being understanding.  Their job is not to make you happy.  Their job is to protect the US." Treating people with respect and dignity is how you protect the US. Patriotism flourishes when people feel their government actually cares about them.

How aren't they respecting you?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

How would I know how the process works beyond what is published? How would I know that it takes 50 days to do a name check. That's why I came to this forum because when I inquire to the Counsulate, they don't give any answers. So I don't understand why I am expected to know something that they wont tell me. That's silly. But I do appreciate the insight everyone is giving me. Obviously, I know I am not a terrorist and my fiance knows She is not a terrorist, so from our perspective, we can't imagine what the hold up is.

You know but they can't just take your word for it.  Her name could be common 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Siphiwe said:

Hey, how do we know it better than your consulate if we have no freaking info at all? You MUST read about the process before applying and having your case. You MUST follow all the rules of the process. If you read that you should NOT plan anything before visa in hand, it would be less painful. If you read that there's possibly some AP in China, it would be less painful. Instead, you just came and asked us: "but whyyyy". We don't know your specific case, we can only describe what the process it. If you know that you're not a terrorist and your fiance knows she is not a terrorist, they you have nothing to worry about, just wait like all of us do.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

How aren't they respecting you?

By showing that world is not perfect and OP was not ready for this...

Timeline

Again, that's my point. YES, WE Know  - so from our PERSPECTIVE, we can't imagine what the delay is. So we are left to speculate. And since, apart from this forum, no one seems to have any answers, the speculation is definitely not positive. Of course we don't expect the government to take our word for it, but what I am saying is that their process is messed up. Do the due dilligence, but don't tell people they are approved and or indicate that it will take 3 to 10 business days to return the passport when that just isn't the case. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JFH said:

You can't blame USCIS or the embassy for your poor planning.

This is what I meant.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

Of course we don't expect the government to take our word for it, but what I am saying is that their process is messed up. Do the due dilligence, but don't tell people they are approved and or indicate that it will take 3 to 10 business days to return the passport when that just isn't the case. 

Everyone knows this. If you were reading the forum or at least did some research before you send the petition, you'd know all downsides and potential risks you may experience. As far as I see, you did not even read how the whole process works and how many applications USCIS and NVC receive. You did not read that AP is possible in your wife's country. That's why now it's hard for you to wait. Nothing is perfect, dude, the immigration process has been fuсkеd up a long time ago. And it's not an easy process to polish it up in a week like you want.

Edited by Springrain22

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

Again, that's my point. YES, WE Know  - so from our PERSPECTIVE, we can't imagine what the delay is. So we are left to speculate. And since, apart from this forum, no one seems to have any answers, the speculation is definitely not positive. Of course we don't expect the government to take our word for it, but what I am saying is that their process is messed up. Do the due dilligence, but don't tell people they are approved and or indicate that it will take 3 to 10 business days to return the passport when that just isn't the case. 

Uscis and CBP are permitted to lie or give conditional approval.  It sucks but it is a part of the process 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.