Siphiwe

Can my Fiance travel outside the US after she arrives

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

It doesn't change the fact that no one seems to be pleased with the process which means there is a lot of room for improvement.

Unfortunately, when THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of petitions and applications must be individually scrutinized by human eyes, the result is a slow process.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey, I didn't come on here claiming to be an expert. I am just a regular person just like you that had a question about my case. I got an answer (thank you everyone) and am now dealing with the "new" issue I am faced with. So forgive me if I am a little bit challenged by the news . . . . Im sure I am not the only person here disappointed and upset about this process. No, I don't know how many thousands and thousands of applications they get each month. I don't know anything about the inner workings of this. What I do know was my fiance had her interview more than 50 days ago, they said she was approved (after having all the documentation for months) and apparently it takes more than 50 days to press a stamp in a passport.  If they had bothered to answer any of my questions, maybe I would know why it takes 50 days or more to stamp something they said was approved. But thank God for this site, which gave me more answers than they did. And since some of the people here already know everything, I am sure their input with all these government witll improve the process. LOL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

No, I don't know how many thousands and thousands of applications they get each month. I don't know anything about the inner workings of this. 

Well, you had to, at least look into this in fact that it's a part of the process, so it's good to know how it works and why it works the way it works.

Timeline

She was told she was approved (common experience) then put on AP which is over 50 days now. Basically, my question is: what are they actully doing in AP. They have had all the documentation for months. She passed the interview. What is it they are a doing that requires 50 days or more or is this just a case of paperwork sitting on a desk and they get around to it when they get around to it. Can anyone explain to me what the AP is?

Timeline
Just now, Siphiwe said:

She was told she was approved (common experience) then put on AP which is over 50 days now. Basically, my question is: what are they actully doing in AP. They have had all the documentation for months. She passed the interview. What is it they are a doing that requires 50 days or more or is this just a case of paperwork sitting on a desk and they get around to it when they get around to it. Can anyone explain to me what the AP is?

So, she's under AP now. It sucks because it may take months (I see its already 50 days in AP) and it's hard to predict how long it may take. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. They do additional review of the application and probably some background checks, hard to tell as only they know what they do there.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Siphiwe said:

Name checks, cross references etc

Timeline

That's my point. They didn't do background checks the previous 4 or 5 months? They are only doing background checks now after already telling us she was approved? What exactly does a background check consist of and how long does that take? It shouldn't require 50 days.  What kind of additional review? Review of my tickets and hotel receipts? Review of our pictures and documented conversations? What exactly, is the action and how long does it take? I think this is the reason so many people get upset. If they would just be specific and indicate what the issue is, people would be a lot more understanding. Why  must they keep everything shrouded in mystery. Why update a case and not indicate what the update was? So maybe some of these experts on here can shed some light on what they are actually doing instead of just saying they have thousands of cases to do. I already know mine is not the only case, but that doesn't help me at all.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Siphiwe said:

That's my point. They didn't do background checks the previous 4 or 5 months? They are only doing background checks now after already telling us she was approved? What exactly does a background check consist of and how long does that take? It shouldn't require 50 days.  What kind of additional review? Review of my tickets and hotel receipts? Review of our pictures and documented conversations? What exactly, is the action and how long does it take? I think this is the reason so many people get upset. If they would just be specific and indicate what the issue is, people would be a lot more understanding. Why  must they keep everything shrouded in mystery. Why update a case and not indicate what the update was? So maybe some of these experts on here can shed some light on what they are actually doing instead of just saying they have thousands of cases to do. I already know mine is not the only case, but that doesn't help me at all.

If we knew just exactly everything that they were doing it would make it easier for known dangers to the United States to get in.  Sometimes transparency isn't always good or proper.  I already told you part of it, cross referencing and name checks.

A lot of the time prior to the interview is just basically standing in line for your turn. After the interview they double check claims made during the interview and as TBW said cross-reference with names etc. which means sending inquiries to other organizations and awaiting those replies - then again being in a line upon the feedback of those inquiries etc. In some countries these processes are slower - in some countries a lot of ppl have very similar if not identical names, more ppl have to be cross-referenced and checked of lists etc. I'm sure that's just part of it.

Edited by Suss&Camm

K1 Visa & AOS

Spoiler

2016-03-19         i-129F Sent
2016-03-24         i-129F NOA1
2016-06-14         i-129F NOA2
2016-07-08         NVC Rec'd
2016-07-12         Case #
2016-07-13         NVC Left
2016-07-14         Consulate Rec'd
2016-07-19         Medical
2016-08-11         Interview Date (approved)
2016-09-06         Issued
2016-09-09         Visa In Hand
2016-10-19         POE Dallas Fort-Worth
2016-10-30         Our Halloween Wedding

2016-11-16         AOS package sent (i-485, i-131, i-765, i-864, g-325a, DS-3025)
2016-11-17         AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox
2016-11-23         NOA1's by e-mail and text (@ 10:30 pm CT)
2016-11-26         NOA1 hard copies
2016-12-03         Biometrics appointment in mail
2016-12-07         Biometrics (Early walk-in Desoto, appointment was for Dec 13th)

2017-02-17         Notice of card in production by email and text (@8:00 am CT, i-765) - Day 92

2017-02-22         Notice of approval by email and text (@1:00 pm CT, i-765 and i-131) - Day 97

2017-02-22         Notice of card being mailed by email and text (@7:00 pm CT, i-765) - Day 97

2017-02-25         EAD/AP combo card arrived in mail - Day 100

2017-03-03         Notice of green card in production by email and text (@4:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-03         Notice of approval by email and text (@6:00 pm CT, i-485) - Day 106

2017-03-11          Green card arrived in mail  - Day 113

2018-12-03          First day to file for ROC (i-751)

giphy.gif

Timeline
Just now, Siphiwe said:

I am sure they did but they decided that they need additional time even if the visa was approved. Unfortunately, you can't tell them what to do and how to process your case and how long it should take. It's their decision, not yours. Immigration is a privilege, and not something they MUST give you. You can try to ask them what kind of additional review, it varies from case to case, including its timing. There are no guaranteed dates. Ask them all the questions you've listed, and post answers when you have them, it will be appreciated. NO ONE here will " shed some light on what they are actually doing" because we know NOTHING about your case. We are telling you what we know. If you think that you can get more info -- you are welcome to do so, just do not forget to report it here then. It does not help you at all because of the way you treat the whole process. I know you though it will be as easy as 1-2-3, but now it's not.

Timeline

So why tell people they have been approved when they haven't actually been approved? All it does it create an expectation. It takes 50 days to do a name check???LMAO. They are only just now doing a name check? Cross referencing what???? Also, I don't think giving me specific information about my case would pose a danger to the United States. I don't think it poses a threat to say, "Hey, we are double checking you bank statement, this should take about a week"....

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Suss&Camm said:

A lot of the time prior to the interview is just basically standing in line for your turn. After the interview they double check claims made during the interview and as TBW said to cross-reference with names etc. which means sending inquiries to other organizations and awaiting those replies - then again being in a line upon the feedback of those inquiries etc. In some countries these processes are slower - in some countries a lot of ppl have very similar if not identical names, more ppl have to be cross-referenced and checked of lists etc. I'm sure that's just part of it.

Let's think of it this way, do potential employers do background checks before or after they interview an employee?  Will they waste resources on the wrong people?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Siphiwe said:

So why tell people they have been approved when they haven't actually been approved? All it does it create an expectation. It takes 50 days to do a name check???LMAO. They are only just now doing a name check? Cross referencing what???? Also, I don't think giving me specific information about my case would pose a danger to the United States. I don't think it poses a threat to say, "Hey, we are double checking you bank statement, this should take about a week"....

Common names, terrorist listed, etc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.