28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Howdy folks. I am in need of guidance and/or advice.

My immigrant wife (who is now a US citizen) has filed for divorce.

We have had two children together (ages: boy of 4 years and daughter of 10 months)

After our 10 month old daughter was born, she mentioned to me that she has no need for a US citizen husband anymore! I thought she was joking.

After the enduring process of proving a bona fide marriage nine years ago (see my timeline?), I am wondering what the ramifications of her decision for divorce is to her status.

I am assuming it does not matter because she is citizen now and i cannot prove her actions with documentation.

I DO NOT have evidence (emails, text, etc) of her mentioning any type of fraud, only what she has told me verbally.

I DO have evidence of her family visiting us and using fake SSN to gain employment to work here for a few months and return to Venezuela.

How and who would I talk to regarding this fraud?

Thanks in advance.

All fraud reports go to ICE.  

You're correct that you cant do anything about your ex-wife. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

No ramifications. 

Besides, she could have left you long before if she was only looking for green card or US citizenship. She could also have not had children. People that are only interested in getting status disappear the moment they don't need the other person and I doubt they have children. 

Maybe she said that because she was angry. 

Timeline

I believe her intention was to have a daughter, then abandon the marriage.

This is based on the time of events when she made her aforementioned statement to me of "not needing a US citizen anymore..."

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

There is nothing to do from a fraud/immigration perspective. This is not fraud, really. The fact that she said that could mean anything. It is not evidence she entered into the marriage to come to the US nor that it was not a real marriage for 9 years. 

You should talk to her. Maybe she was angry or she was depressed after having the baby. We don't know her or you. But you should look more into the family side of the matter (counseling, talking, etc.) rather than trying to get her into trouble. Your kids would not like having their mum taken away from her. And if she divorces you, I'm guessing you want to be able to be with your kids and not have to argue with her all the time.

Thanks for the decent answer.

I never insinuated she was scamming, but i merely repeated here what she had mentioned to me.

I am not trying to get her into trouble.

Hard to believe she could blindside me with this.

"Whats good for her is good for the kids? LOL, another family torn apart in the USA "

Appreciate the time, thanks.

Let it go man.  You have to let go of the things that don't want to stay with you.  There is no way you can strip her from her citizenship and get her deported if that's your goal especially with her having 2 kids with you and staying with you this long.  Plus, she's a female so the law most of the time will be on her side.

By the way, be careful about the fake SSN because if you knew  back then why didn't you report it?  I am won't be surprised if they say you had a hand in it and you get yourself in trouble with the government. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, DILAW said:

Let it go man.  You have to let go of the things that don't want to stay with you.  There is no way you can strip her from her citizenship and get her deported if that's your goal especially with her having 2 kids with you and staying with you this long.  Plus, she's a female so the law most of the time will be on her side.

By the way, be careful about the fake SSN because if you knew  back then why didn't you report it?  I am won't be surprised if they say you had a hand in it and you get yourself in trouble with the government. 

Where do you read i am trying to strip her of citizenship?

She chose her path and now the children will suffer, its a shame.

4 minutes ago, Robert Lightfoot said:

Where do you read i am trying to strip her of citizenship?

She chose her path and now the children will suffer, its a shame.

It's a shame I know and it's unfortunate for everyone (you, kids and lastly her).  When you mentioned the "fake SSN" it just sounded like you were looking for something to hold on her is what I assumed.  But I assumed and I am sorry.  Didn't mean to offend you in anyway or fashion.  Good luck man (I went through a divorce and it's tough, but life goes on and in the long run it's a good thing that you are not living and wasting your life with someone that doesn't want to spend their life with you).

Edited by DILAW

Timeline
31 minutes ago, DILAW said:

It's a shame I know and it's unfortunate for everyone (you, kids and lastly her).  When you mentioned the "fake SSN" it just sounded like you were looking for something to hold on her is what I assumed.  But I assumed and I am sorry.  Didn't mean to offend you in anyway or fashion.  Good luck man (I went through a divorce and it's tough, but life goes on and in the long run it's a good thing that you are not living and wasting your life with someone that doesn't want to spend their life with you).

Thanks for clarifying; I only asked in the OP to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.

It is a shame and unfortunate especially after all the time and effort put into her path to citizenship then i get left hung out to dry!

And it is also a shame that she can withhold my affection for my children due to her plans/aspirations (whatever they may be.)

This will be my second divorce so I know experimentally how tough it is on the kids.

I actually told my current wife that divorce was not an option based on Christian values, but I see now what her intentions were.

Now i must deal with it and carry on...ugh...

Thanks again for your time!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

She is just been petty. She knows that  such statement will sting you .. Don't fall for it.

Let her go.

There's nothing you can do about it. Would you honestly want to drag the mother of your children through the mud for this pettiness?

If she is a bad woman, she will get what is coming to here. Worry about your children.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.