TBoneTX

Any Dutch/American Couples?? [Part II]

415 posts in this topic

Just now, Lehcim said:

Awesome, so it seems like Amsterdam is moving pretty quickly compared to some others. Sorry for asking all these questions, there's just not a lot of info being spread by us Dutchies. :)

Yeah, it was faster than I expected which is great. And I know I had/have problems finding info as well for Netherlands. (I am just generally private about putting my info online on open forums etc.) 😊

5 minutes ago, ELoryien said:

Yeah, it was faster than I expected which is great. And I know I had/have problems finding info as well for Netherlands. (I am just generally private about putting my info online on open forums etc.) 😊

Completely understand, it's good to be a bit careful. 

We got DQ on the 27th since applying in Oct 2018 so we can't wait for the interview... 

Happy new year everyone and good luck ! 

I started my K1 visa in 2013 approved in 2014. I became a US citizen 2 days ago 😊. For the people that don't know I created a K1/CR1 group on Facebook if you are interesting in joining you can pm me. 

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi everybody, happy new year! Some questions:

I sent the DS160-confirmation and interview request-form to the consulate on december 31. How long does it usually take for the interview letter/email? And when and how do I pay for the visa?

My petition is valid until the 26th of january, is it wise to email the consulate to extend the validity?

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kaatje said:

Hi everybody, happy new year! Some questions:

I sent the DS160-confirmation and interview request-form to the consulate on december 31. How long does it usually take for the interview letter/email? And when and how do I pay for the visa?

My petition is valid until the 26th of january, is it wise to email the consulate to extend the validity?

Thanks!

Hoi Kaatje, 

Happy New Year to you, too! 

I received the confirmation from the US embassy within 3 days - however, since you sent it just before the New Year, I would expect it takesa few extra days. 

🚩Create an account, select and register your interview date here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-nl/iv.

(In case you wonder (like I did) why it is the Immigrant Visa section, this is correct, because a K-1 is percieved as a IV during this stage of the process, yeah confusing :p )

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Timeline
1 minute ago, jeaniecz said:

Hoi Kaatje, 

Happy New Year to you, too! 

I received the confirmation from the US embassy within 3 days - however, since you sent it just before the New Year, I would expect it takesa few extra days. 

🚩Create an account, select and register your interview date here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-nl/iv.

(In case you wonder (like I did) why it is the Immigrant Visa section, this is correct, because a K-1 is percieved as a IV during this stage of the process, yeah confusing :p )

I'll give it another week ;-) So I can plan the interview without the confirmation email? Same with the medical?

I already created an account but didn't know how to proceed. So if I log in and choose to book a date I will get a payment instruction?

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Kaatje said:

I'll give it another week ;-) So I can plan the interview without the confirmation email? Same with the medical?

I already created an account but didn't know how to proceed. So if I log in and choose to book a date I will get a payment instruction?

You can schedule the medical before you have your interview date. The medical should be done at least 7 days prior to your interview, so check the doctor's schedule. 

Yes, you will pay after you booked your date online. 

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Timeline
19 hours ago, jeaniecz said:

You can schedule the medical before you have your interview date. The medical should be done at least 7 days prior to your interview, so check the doctor's schedule. 

Yes, you will pay after you booked your date online. 

Ok, thank you for the info!

Received my interview date today! Feb 18th. 

Contacted the consulate about the doctor thing, and they now directed me to DC Klinieken in Amsterdam. So I guess there's no 1 fixed physician they use for now...

Timeline

Question for anyone going through the K1 as of recent! They just sent us the new doctor for the Netherlands, but unfortunately this doctor is not completely set up and we haven't scheduled our interview yet, because we haven't done the medical. Our K1 expires Jan 23. When we contracted the consulate to request an extension, they basically didn't say yes or no but said you can schedule and attend your interview and before the medical because the medical exam is "out of our control." I just know that this is a little bit more complicated because now we would have to wait to do the medical and have them send it to the embassy instead of it being all done in one shot. Should we try to again request an extension or just give up and schedule a timely appointment? Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!! :)

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Question for anyone going through the K1 as of recent! They just sent us the new doctor for the Netherlands, but unfortunately this doctor is not completely set up and we haven't scheduled our interview yet, because we haven't done the medical. Our K1 expires Jan 23. When we contracted the consulate to request an extension, they basically didn't say yes or no but said you can schedule and attend your interview and before the medical because the medical exam is "out of our control." I just know that this is a little bit more complicated because now we would have to wait to do the medical and have them send it to the embassy instead of it being all done in one shot. Should we try to again request an extension or just give up and schedule a timely appointment? Any feedback is appreciated! Thank you!! :)

Hmm, what a mess. 

Well, I don'tt hink it should affect you all that much, honestly. Once you receive the visa, it expires on the day of your medical exam's expiration, or in 6 months. So if you do the interview first and the medical second (as long as the US Embassy allows that and you said they do), then you shouldn't have any problems. If I were you I would of course try to schedule both soon. 

I have no idea how long it would take to request the extension and if you're allowed to go to your interview/medical in the meantime (I assume the answer is yes).

Good luck!

Edited by jeaniecz

Timeline
19 hours ago, Mackznie said:

They've send me to the clinic in The Hague, is that the doctor that's not set up yet? I have to email them for an appointment, I'm gonna do that tonight.

My petition approval expires Jan 26 and I also emailed them for an extension. they told me that they can extend it during the interview.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kaatje said:

They've send me to the clinic in The Hague, is that the doctor that's not set up yet? I have to email them for an appointment, I'm gonna do that tonight.

My petition approval expires Jan 26 and I also emailed them for an extension. they told me that they can extend it during the interview.

Right! Same for us. We wanted to have our medical done prior to the interview so we could (hopefully) get an approval at the interview. Now we have our interview on the 21st (to interview and extend) and now do the medical on the 24th. BOO wanted to do it more efficiently but it is what it is! Good luck to you!! Can't wait for this to be over!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mackznie said:

Right! Same for us. We wanted to have our medical done prior to the interview so we could (hopefully) get an approval at the interview. Now we have our interview on the 21st (to interview and extend) and now do the medical on the 24th. BOO wanted to do it more efficiently but it is what it is! Good luck to you!! Can't wait for this to be over!

I just mailed the clinic today, did they call you or did they gave you an appointment date through email? And how soon after the email did they contact you?

Good luck to you too! It 'll be over soon 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.