TBoneTX

Any Dutch/American Couples?? [Part II]

415 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, mrfrank1234 said:

Hi, on the NVC webpage is says documents written in the language from the country from which you are applying do not need to be translated.

In your experience: does NVC accept documents that are only written in Dutch?

Yes! I uploaded a Dutch marriage certificate and that was accepted.

However for your consular appointment I would advice bringing the international variants of your birth certificate and marriage certificate. You can get this from your municipality.

I brought both the international variant and the Dutch variants with me, but they had no interest in the Dutch ones.

Our timeline:

Married:                      07/04/2016

Filed for I-130:           09/25/2020

NOA1 Date:                09/25/2020

Active review:            03/11/2021

I-130 Approved:         03/12/2021

Case sent to DOS:     03/15/2021

NVC Received:           03/15/2021

DS-260 fees paid:      03/16/2021         

I-864 fees paid:          03/16/2021

Sent IV package:        03/24/2021

Sent I-864 package:  03/24/2021
Document review:     04/27/2021 (Marriage certificate rejected, somehow I mistakenly uploaded a different document)

Re-sent IV package:  05/04/2021

NVC Completed:        06/04/2021

NVC Left:                    06/15/2021

Consulate Received: 06/15/2021

Medical Exam:           06/29/2021

Interview date:           07/13/2021 (review)

VISA approval:           07/13/2021

VISA Received:          07/17/2021

US Entry:                     07/28/2021 (POE: Chicago)(review)

Received SS card:     08/09/2021

2 hours ago, Alex Prijn said:

Yes! I uploaded a Dutch marriage certificate and that was accepted.

However for your consular appointment I would advice bringing the international variants of your birth certificate and marriage certificate. You can get this from your municipality.

I brought both the international variant and the Dutch variants with me, but they had no interest in the Dutch ones.

Sounds good, thanks! Did you also not translate the VOG?

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Ik had moest zo snel mogelijk een Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag aanvragen, maar vanwege de corona was overal gesloten. Had het wel met spoed nodig. Dus kon een online vog aanvragen. Erg simpel was het gwn via mn mobiel. Dat heb ik van de week via hier gedaan:  https://vogaanvraag.online/

Wou het even delen omdat momenteel nog steeds van alles kan gebeuren met de corona. Voor visum kan je bij speciefieke screeningsprofielen kiezen voor visum & emigratie. Zo gepiept. VOG aanvragen gaat erg gemakkelijk tegenwoordig.

• 7 months later...

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

My partner (US citizen) and I (Dutch) are going to start the CR1 journey together.

I have read many of your experiences (thank you all for sharing) and I am already preparing what we need in terms of paperwork.

I've got a question that one of you might know the answer to:

I have a dissolved registered partnership (geregistreerd partnerschap) from a previous relationship. Do I need an "original divorce decree" for this?

The US does not seem to regard the Dutch registered partnership as a marriage, but on my personal register extract (uittreksel) my marital status would probably be listed as "divorced".

Thanks everyone, I'll try to update this periodically to share some fresh experiences.

@ekster sorry, I can't help you with that.

I just found this topic and I'll be joining it as well. My wife and I just started the CR-1 process with PD July 4, 2022. 

Luckily we're living together and have a great life here in the Netherlands. Meaning we have enough to do with our work and friends. Hopefully the time flies, because I am super excited to move (hopefully the end of next year).

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

My wife (USC) and I (Dutch citizen) have been dating for nearly 9 years, of which 8 long distance.

We got married in September last year - and submitted the CR-1 application in September as well.

I just got Documentarily Qualified at NVC, meaning we are waiting for an interview invite at the Consulate.

It's been a long and exhausting wait, but we are nearly there! 

I am hoping to move in March 2023.

If there are any questions regarding the process, feel free asking those to me by tagging me here.

Goodluck! Succes! :) 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, ekster said:

Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

My partner (US citizen) and I (Dutch) are going to start the CR1 journey together.

I have read many of your experiences (thank you all for sharing) and I am already preparing what we need in terms of paperwork.

I've got a question that one of you might know the answer to:

I have a dissolved registered partnership (geregistreerd partnerschap) from a previous relationship. Do I need an "original divorce decree" for this?

The US does not seem to regard the Dutch registered partnership as a marriage, but on my personal register extract (uittreksel) my marital status would probably be listed as "divorced".

Thanks everyone, I'll try to update this periodically to share some fresh experiences.

Replying to my own post for reference, I ended up getting the Dutch document translated just to be sure.

Everything has been submitted for a while now, let the wait begin. :)

10 hours ago, ekster said:

Replying to my own post for reference, I ended up getting the Dutch document translated just to be sure.

Everything has been submitted for a while now, let the wait begin. :)

Ha, hi!

Sorry, I never read your initial post.

From the logic that they want to see a divorce record when a marriage is in the books as dissolved, I can see they also want that got a civil union. Good choice to submit it.

Good luck on your journey!

We filed on July 5, and were in no hurry, but we started to realize if we get the visa sooner, we can start building our careers in the US. Therefore, we filed a K3 (I129F) on December 7, which is put into the system on December 14.

Today I chatted with Emma (live chat) and a representative confirmed that our case is still at Texas service center, and she gave us our receipt number for the K3 as well, which seems to be located in Texas as well, starting with SRC.

Very curious if this is going to anything. If not, we have a great life here. Anyway, exciting times ahead!

• 1 year later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.