TBoneTX

Any Dutch/American Couples?? [Part II]

415 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
55 minutes ago, jeaniecz said:

Staat in mijn Timeline ;) Het heeft net iets meer dan een maand geduurd voordat NVC de petitie heeft ontvangen.

Oh ja tuurlijk sorry, kan even niet meer helder nadenken na dit nieuws 😅😁

Timeline
3 hours ago, Kaatje said:

Yay! NOA2 is binnen! Hoe lang moesten jullie wachten op bericht van het consulaat in Amsterdam?

It took about a month and a half. NVC processes your packet and when it’s ready they ship it. But they ship packets every other week. So if they have your packet ready it can still take 2 weeks to ship. Once it ships it took about 2 more weeks for the consulate to notify us they received it. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hi all, another Dutchie reporting! Already married and filed for CR1 last month. We both live in Amsterdam now, so glad that we are together here, but it seems the whole process may take over a year. 

Timeline

Hi! I'm not if this question has been answered before! For the Netherlands, are you allowed to pick your own medical and interview date? Or is one assigned to you? I am in the NOA2 transfer to NVC stage and just wanted to find out early!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mackznie said:

Hi! I'm not if this question has been answered before! For the Netherlands, are you allowed to pick your own medical and interview date? Or is one assigned to you? I am in the NOA2 transfer to NVC stage and just wanted to find out early!

Yes to both. 

Interview: create an account here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-nl/iv (Yes, it reads "immigrant" while your K-1 is non-immigrant, this is correct, even if confusing)

Medical: Call Dr. Schulte at ‭(020) 671 00 54 and schedule your interview, it's recommended to have your medical at least 10 day prior to your interview. The doctor's office is around the corner from the US CG in Amsterdam - Nicolaas Maesstraat 43, 1071 PN Amsterdam.

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jeaniecz said:

Yes to both. 

Interview: create an account here https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-nl/iv (Yes, it reads "immigrant" while your K-1 is non-immigrant, this is correct, even if confusing)

Medical: Call Dr. Schulte at ‭(020) 671 00 54 and schedule your interview, it's recommended to have your medical at least 10 day prior to your interview. The doctor's office is around the corner from the US CG in Amsterdam - Nicolaas Maesstraat 43, 1071 PN Amsterdam.

Thank you SO much! ❤️

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mackznie said:

Thank you SO much! ❤️

No problem, you're welcome!

One more thing to take in consideration while scheduling your medical: the medical is valid for 6 months (unless there'd be a reason for extension or shorter period) and it has to be unexpired at the moment you enter the USA on K-1 visa. So don't schedule your medical waaaaaay in advance ;)

Good luck with everything!

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:16 PM, jeaniecz said:

One more thing to take in consideration while scheduling your medical: the medical is valid for 6 months [...] and it has to be unexpired at the moment you enter the USA on K-1 visa.

Just so you know: if you'd like to use your K1 medical for your adjustment of status once in the US, you have to file for AOS within 60 days of your medical to ensure it's valid for 2 years. They've recently changed the validity of the medical because of increasing AOS processing timelines. This is mostly relevant if you're going to be filing from one of the major USCIS field offices (New York, Dallas, Houston, SF, Seattle, etc) where processing timelines have moved (well) beyond the original one-year validity of the medical.

Source:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/policymanual/updates/20181016-I-693Validity.pdf
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-8-part-b-chapter-4 (Section 4)

• 1 month later...

Someone in a FB group for Dutch CR1's found out Dr. Schulte is no longer doing visa medicals and apparently there's no replacement yet. The NVC site still shows Dr. Schulte though. Anyone got any more info on that? 

On 12/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, Lehcim said:

Someone in a FB group for Dutch CR1's found out Dr. Schulte is no longer doing visa medicals and apparently there's no replacement yet. The NVC site still shows Dr. Schulte though. Anyone got any more info on that? 

Correct I got the same info. Today they redirected me to the "International Health Centre The Hague" to make an appointment there for my medical exam 

5 minutes ago, ELoryien said:

Correct I got the same info. Today they redirected me to the "International Health Centre The Hague" to make an appointment there for my medical exam 

Glad they have a replacement ready. Interested to hear your experience with the exam. Care to update when the time comes? 

And out of curiosity assuming your doing a medical for an immigrant visa, how long did you have to wait for you to receive the interview letter and when is your interview scheduled? 

4 minutes ago, Lehcim said:

Glad they have a replacement ready. Interested to hear your experience with the exam. Care to update when the time comes? 

And out of curiosity assuming your doing a medical for an immigrant visa, how long did you have to wait for you to receive the interview letter and when is your interview scheduled? 

Yes, hopefully it will work out because first they told me to wait until the interview (I received this info by e-mailing them).

I received my interview letter (it was an e-mail) after 10 days of DQ.

Just now, ELoryien said:

Yes, hopefully it will work out because first they told me to wait until the interview (I received this info by e-mailing them).

I received my interview letter (it was an e-mail) after 10 days of DQ.

That's pretty quick. How long ahead did they schedule your interview? 

9 minutes ago, ELoryien said:

exactly 1 month ahead

Awesome, so it seems like Amsterdam is moving pretty quickly compared to some others. Sorry for asking all these questions, there's just not a lot of info being spread by us Dutchies. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.