TBoneTX

Any Dutch/American Couples?? [Part II]

415 posts in this topic

On 5/27/2020 at 1:01 PM, Fr8dog said:

It's not the documents, it's the apostille stuff. That is not something I'm looking forward to. Also the interaction with Dutch embassy staff is not high on my bucket list.

Late response but I agree, not looking forward to Dutch Embassy stuff. Luckily, my passport is not set to expire until 2025 so I'm good for a little while. My boss knows I may have to take an unexpected Washington DC trip to see the Embassy people if there is something with my passport or nationality. 

I did not have to add anything to the N-400 petition that needed an apostille. It was very easy, I'm quite excited. Hopefully Nashville goes fast. Good luck!!

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Hi allen! 

Kan iemand misschien uitsluitsel geven over het type geboorteakte dat nodig is voor Nederland? 

Van de state.gov website haal ik: "Document Name: Uittreksel uit de geboorteakte, Dienst van de burgerlijke stand"

Klopt het dat een internationaal uittreksel (dus niet afschrift) gevraagd wordt? 

Groet en dank. 

Hi all,

I am very new to this so I apologize in advance for asking any questions that I should have been able to find, but didn't or if my question is in the wrong topic.

My girlfriend and I met during the pandemic online... This is a first time for me meeting someone like this and falling absolutely crazy in love.

I'm based in The Netherlands and she's living in New York. Of course we want to meet as soon as possible, but we all know that the current travel restrictions aren't really allowing for that to happen. I have applied and gotten my ESTA this week, just in anticipation of being able to travel at some point. With airports opening up again, I am hopeful things might change.

My question for now is; do I need anything else besides my ESTA to be able to visit her for just a couple of weeks? I have traveled to the US before on just an ESTA, but that was of course pre-COVID and for business reasons. I just got a bit confused with all the visa things that I read about and it would be great if anyone could help me out with this question.

Also if anyone has more information about US citizens traveling to The Netherlands and if any exemptions are possible there.

I'd appreciate any advice or answers!!!

Thank you so much :)

Madelon

I've traveled to the US about 6 times (3x a year) on ESTA with no issues. Besides the travel ban, nothing has changed really when it comes to traveling to another country. Of course, always make sure you show intend of return, but if you are not in the immigration process while traveling, not much new is needed. 

Just make sure not to get a ticket during the travel ban. I don't think anyone from Europe is still allowed in the US when it comes to vacation. 

Edited by Dutchster

Naturalization                                                        
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  

'Merica. 

On 9/18/2020 at 7:24 AM, Madelon said:

Hi all,

I am very new to this so I apologize in advance for asking any questions that I should have been able to find, but didn't or if my question is in the wrong topic.

My girlfriend and I met during the pandemic online... This is a first time for me meeting someone like this and falling absolutely crazy in love.

I'm based in The Netherlands and she's living in New York. Of course we want to meet as soon as possible, but we all know that the current travel restrictions aren't really allowing for that to happen. I have applied and gotten my ESTA this week, just in anticipation of being able to travel at some point. With airports opening up again, I am hopeful things might change.

My question for now is; do I need anything else besides my ESTA to be able to visit her for just a couple of weeks? I have traveled to the US before on just an ESTA, but that was of course pre-COVID and for business reasons. I just got a bit confused with all the visa things that I read about and it would be great if anyone could help me out with this question.

Also if anyone has more information about US citizens traveling to The Netherlands and if any exemptions are possible there.

I'd appreciate any advice or answers!!!

Thank you so much :)

Madelon

There is no ban for European travellers to the US.  There only is a ban for people that have been present in the Schengen area. If you really-really want to visit the US you could go to for example Mexico, spent two weeks in there and then travel onwards  to the US. 

14 hours ago, mrfrank1234 said:

There is no ban for European travellers to the US.  There only is a ban for people that have been present in the Schengen area. If you really-really want to visit the US you could go to for example Mexico, spent two weeks in there and then travel onwards  to the US. 

Thanks @mrfrank1234, sadly The Netherlands is a Schengen country and my work doesn't allow me to spend an additional two weeks in another country before traveling it the US and spending time there. Guess for now it will just be hanging in there 🙃 Thank you again for your reply, really appreciate it! 

On 9/14/2020 at 11:41 AM, mrfrank1234 said:

Hi allen! 

Kan iemand misschien uitsluitsel geven over het type geboorteakte dat nodig is voor Nederland? 

Van de state.gov website haal ik: "Document Name: Uittreksel uit de geboorteakte, Dienst van de burgerlijke stand"

Klopt het dat een internationaal uittreksel (dus niet afschrift) gevraagd wordt? 

Groet en dank. 

Bij het gemeentehuis waar je geboorte gemeld is vraag je een uittreksel/afschrift uit het geboorteregister. Dit uittreksel/afschrift kan in zowel het Nederlands als in het Engels worden afgegeven. Beide kan je gebruiken maar mijn voorkeur ging uit naar de Engelse zodat je die kan gebruiken in de VS. Hetzelfde geld voor de VOG, ook die is beschikbaar in het Engels.

1 hour ago, Fr8dog said:

Bij het gemeentehuis waar je geboorte gemeld is vraag je een uittreksel/afschrift uit het geboorteregister. Dit uittreksel/afschrift kan in zowel het Nederlands als in het Engels worden afgegeven. Beide kan je gebruiken maar mijn voorkeur ging uit naar de Engelse zodat je die kan gebruiken in de VS. Hetzelfde geld voor de VOG, ook die is beschikbaar in het Engels.

Ok, thanks! Het is dus diegene die ook in het Engels beschikbaar is. Handig! 

14 minutes ago, mrfrank1234 said:

Ok, thanks! Het is dus diegene die ook in het Engels beschikbaar is. Handig! 

Het was even zoeken, maar ik heb hem weer gevonden.

Het is de Europese variant, in zowel Nederlands als Engels (en Frans etc.). Ik dacht dat alle informatie die word verstrekt door de overheid tegenwoordig in Europees format beschikbaar moet zijn.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:40 PM, Fr8dog said:

Het was even zoeken, maar ik heb hem weer gevonden.

Het is de Europese variant, in zowel Nederlands als Engels (en Frans etc.). Ik dacht dat alle informatie die word verstrekt door de overheid tegenwoordig in Europees format beschikbaar moet zijn.

Oke, bedankt!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Anyone have any news or hope on the embassy opening for K1's? I know the cases are really high again, but we've just been waiting for an interview for so long...anyone in the same boat would be helpful too! Just knowing others are also waiting for so long.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Unfortunately not much to say about that. It seems as long as K1's are not allowed to enter the US, they will also not resume interviews as it doesnt make much sense. Looking at the current situation, I dont see anything changing this year. We are on the CR1 path and now awaiting interview to be scheduled/

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

My fiancé is from The Netherlands and I am from America.

It seems like the embassy has been very slow to process and I am not sure if it has changed much since the last post. 

We were approved  in late December of last year and we are still hopeful! 

We have been in a relationship for 6 years already, it has been an adventure. 

I hope you are all well!

I'm officially a dual citizen 🙂 I had my N-400 interview in Nashville on Jan. 29 and took the oath of allegiance the same day. Good luck to everyone who is still dealing with the USCIS! (I'm glad to be done with them)

Naturalization                                                        

'Merica. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 3/4/2021 at 9:30 PM, 5518milesapart said:

Hello everyone, 

My fiancé is from The Netherlands and I am from America.

It seems like the embassy has been very slow to process and I am not sure if it has changed much since the last post. 

We were approved  in late December of last year and we are still hopeful! 

We have been in a relationship for 6 years already, it has been an adventure. 

I hope you are all well!

K1 processing is still on hold I think, I was approved for CR1 late November 2020, and the interview, medical and visa issuing was done within 1 month so I had my visa back in my passport on January 4th. Take care, and I hope they will process as soon as possible!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.