1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, AJBest said:

Thanks for sharing this info. So call NVC in one week for the delivery confirmation?  Once they received the mail they took 3 weeks to assign a NVC case number? And all DS form and support form and visa fee happens after that I guess. 

Yes please in order to ensure ur case is advancing keep calling at least once a week.Also once received they will be sending you the welcome letter detailing actions requiring u to choose an agent pay fee and fill DS 260.while ur waiting for above start preparing ur packet IV.Has ur spouse obtained PCC from his/her country?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 1/26/2018 at 7:42 PM, Harmeet Kaur said:

Update: I called NVC today and was told that they just received my case today from USCIS!

Now they told me to wait a week or two for a letter from them with our assigned case number  :)

PD: May 8

Case Approved: Dec 16

Texas 

US Citizen

Awesome

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On 1/26/2018 at 1:27 PM, H-S said:

called NVC today. they say that in there system it shows that my pt was approved and then sent to them at 9th January. but they hasn't received it so they don't know where it is.

It take 6 weeks for them to receive it then 2 weeks for them to give you a new case number. After that you will pay your fees also send them your documents.

18 hours ago, KSJO said:

Yes please in order to ensure ur case is advancing keep calling at least once a week.Also once received they will be sending you the welcome letter detailing actions requiring u to choose an agent pay fee and fill DS 260.while ur waiting for above start preparing ur packet IV.Has ur spouse obtained PCC from his/her country?

That was my next question about obtaining PCC. Don't we need some sort of document to get PCC?  Or can we go ahead and get the PCC started? if so, how?  Right now I'm going to gather documents for IV packet and get ready fill out DS 260 and I-864. 

Edited by AJBest

Timeline
21 hours ago, AJBest said:

Thanks for sharing this info. So call NVC in one week for the delivery confirmation?  Once they received the mail they took 3 weeks to assign a NVC case number? And all DS form and support form and visa fee happens after that I guess. 

No u need nothing.Your spouse is from Armenia.Find out the procedure to obtain PCC.In India it took us 1 month to get it.Owing to which we are lagging.Don't wait for anything PCC is the most important and time consuming process.Get started now

19 minutes ago, KSJO said:

No u need nothing.Your spouse is from Armenia.Find out the procedure to obtain PCC.In India it took us 1 month to get it.Owing to which we are lagging.Don't wait for anything PCC is the most important and time consuming process.Get started now

No my wife is also in India. So so just go to local police station and say we want a PCC? 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, AJBest said:

No my wife is also in India. So so just go to local police station and say we want a PCC? 

Awesome,let me elaborate.Firstly PCC is issued by the local passport office where ur spouse is residing currently and not the police station.I am staying in Delhi therefore I had it from here.The process to obtain one is as follows:

Visit the Passport Seva Kendra online and create an account

Once done fill the form

Take an appointment with the local passport office near you

Go and do the formalities on the appointment date

If passport was issued before 6 months ,few days after appointment a police inspector would visit ur spouse at her current residing place and will take her signatures along with that of two neighbours as witnesses

He will go back and submit a police clearance report.Few days after that u will get a msg from local passport kendra saying you please come and collect PCC.

Please please please start the PCC process ASAP as mine took close too one months and they ask for a LOCAL address proof too.I hope she has one.

1 minute ago, KSJO said:

Awesome,let me elaborate.Firstly PCC is issued by the local passport office where ur spouse is residing currently and not the police station.I am staying in Delhi therefore I had it from here.The process to obtain one is as follows:

Visit the Passport Seva Kendra online and create an account

Once done fill the form

Take an appointment with the local passport office near you

Go and do the formalities on the appointment date

If passport was issued before 6 months ,few days after appointment a police inspector would visit ur spouse at her current residing place and will take her signatures along with that of two neighbours as witnesses

He will go back and submit a police clearance report.Few days after that u will get a msg from local passport kendra saying you please come and collect PCC.

Please please please start the PCC process ASAP as mine took close too one months and they ask for a LOCAL address proof too.I hope she has one.

Wow. Great info. I'm calling my wife right this moment to get this started. Thank you so much :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, AJBest said:

Wow. Great info. I'm calling my wife right this moment to get this started. Thank you so much :) 

Your timeline says that ur Consulate is Armenia 

Timeline
On 1/30/2018 at 10:34 AM, AJBest said:

On 1/30/2018 at 11:01 AM, AJBest said:

No it doesn't expire in 3 months instead it does in 6 months.

5 minutes ago, AJBest said:

yea not sure how...I think it did it by default. I corrected my timeline though yesterday. 

Do PCC expire after 3 months? I was told by someone it does.

No it doesn't expire in 3 but in 6 months

Timeline
9 hours ago, KSJO said:

No it doesn't expire in 3 months instead it does in 6 months.

No it doesn't expire in 3 but in 6 months

So I happen to receive an email from nvc where it said you are required to bring a new PCC only if 

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; so u are sorted go ahead and get it now 

1 hour ago, KSJO said:

So I happen to receive an email from nvc where it said you are required to bring a new PCC only if 

The police certificate submitted to NVC was obtained more than one year ago; so u are sorted go ahead and get it now 

Ok thanks. I was under the impression that PCC will ask some kind of proof or letter of immigration why we need PCC. 

Filling out the PCC form today online Passport Seva Kendra and then get appointment later this week. 

Once we get it, it needs to go with IV Packet right?

Timeline
8 hours ago, AJBest said:

Ok thanks. I was under the impression that PCC will ask some kind of proof or letter of immigration why we need PCC. 

Filling out the PCC form today online Passport Seva Kendra and then get appointment later this week. 

Once we get it, it needs to go with IV Packet right?

Yes it goes along

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.