JessieABC

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

892 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, branjo said:

Hey everyone!  We are sending our documents to NVC tomorrow, so I'll update the sheet with our scan date once we have it.  

I had heard that it was 4 weeks for a case complete with NVC, but from what I see here is 11?  Can you share where that timeframe comes from?

Thanks!

So glad for this forum!

This is where i heard it was 4 weeks (or 30 days)

On the CEAC website, under check my status:  We are at the point where it says send in your documents.  Here is part of what they say

"Our current time to review submitted documents is 30 days. However, NVC will not review your file until we have received your form DS-260, the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant's civil documents. At that time, we will let you know by letter or email if there is anything that is missing or incomplete."

Is this the 11 week period?  Or is that something else?

Married: September 12, 2015

I-130 sent to Chicago: September 12, 2016

NOA email received: September 19, 2016

Application sent to Nebraska Service Center

Application transferred to Potomac Service Center: February 9th, 2017

I-130 Approved: March 20th, 2017

Case Sent to NVC: April 5th, 2017

Case Received at NVC: April 11th, 2017

Case # and IID Received: April 11th, 2017

DS-261 Complete: April 12th, 2017

AOS Paid: April 15th, 2017

IV Paid: April 18th, 2017

DS 260 Complete: May 2, 2017

Sent in AOS & IV package: May 29, 2017

Scan Date: May 31, 2017

Checklist: August 8, 2017

Checklist package received by NVC: August 28, 2017

Expedite Requested: August 31, 2017

Expedite Approved: September 14, 2017

Case Complete: September 14, 2017

Case sent to Embassy: September 18, 2017

Interview Scheduled: October 5, 2017

Interview Date: October 17, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone! My scan date is May 19th, and they also confirmed the 11 week processing time. :( I'm hoping that it will start to move faster. And branjo the CEAC website does say 30 days, but if you call they will tell you 11 weeks. It's also in a notice on the State Department website in the Submit Documents section of The Immigrant Visa Process (https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone;

I am new here. 

I just paid all the fees. Both AOS and IV at the same time. now I am gathering my documentation.

If the police certificate is clean, do I still need to submit the Court record? Can I get a checklist for not submitting the court record?

Also, do i send original police certificate with original translation or just copies of both?

Thank you and hope everyone will get over this tedious process soon 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, omar1 said:

Hi everyone;

I am new here. 

I just paid all the fees. Both AOS and IV at the same time. now I am gathering my documentation.

If the police certificate is clean, do I still need to submit the Court record? Can I get a checklist for not submitting the court record?

Also, do i send original police certificate with original translation or just copies of both?

Thank you and hope everyone will get over this tedious process soon 

Normally I think you don't need court records if your police record is clean but I do remember seeing someone from Morocco  mention that Morocco requires one anyway. you might wanna search in the forum a bit to see if you find the thread.
Just send photocopies, take originals to the interview.

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

4 minutes ago, nyokie said:

I called NVC  last night  and was told they don’t have my package and it take up to 6 weeks for them to received the package from USCIS:wub:

When was your petition approved??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

When was your petition approved??

When my husband called the lawyer May 9th  for update, she told him we got approved but he didn’t ask when we got approved, I call her last Friday to as her to send a copy of the approval and as today am still waiting on her to send it.

I will be calling her today to ask her to send the copy.

I am not sure if we got approved May 9th or before.

Do you have an acct on line with USCIS where you yourself can check your status?? if you go on their website you can log in and it should say when your case was approved and also when it was mailed to NVC.  My case took 3 weeks to get to NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

Do you have an acct on line with USCIS where you yourself can check your status?? if you go on their website you can log in and it should say when your case was approved and also when it was mailed to NVC.  My case took 3 weeks to get to NVC.

Yes I have an acct my status haven’t change. Last update was on April 14, 2017 RFE was received

Some times their website is slow to update, if I were you I would call and speak to a representative that way they can tell you when it was approved.  Once you have that information I would recommend calling NVC once a week to see when they receive your case.   

46 minutes ago, nyokie said:

I called NVC  last night  and was told they don’t have my package and it take up to 6 weeks for them to received the package from USCIS:wub:

Just for your information. My package left USCIS; on January 25, 2017, then arrived on Feburary 07, 2017. It took 14 days from USCIS; to NVC. Check your e-mail in 14 days from the day USCIS sent your packet to NVC. Hope this helps. After you get e-mail give them a call. 

Just now, James A said:

Just for your information. My package left USCIS; on January 25, 2017, then arrived on Feburary 07, 2017. It took 14 days from USCIS; to NVC. Check your e-mail in 14 days from the day USCIS sent your packet to NVC. Hope this helps. After you get e-mail give them a call. 

@James A what is your scan date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.