JessieABC

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

892 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

Some times their website is slow to update, if I were you I would call and speak to a representative that way they can tell you when it was approved.  Once you have that information I would recommend calling NVC once a week to see when they receive your case.   

yeah I was told website don't update all the times. I called the USCIS few times none of them will give me any informations. When I finally get to talk to someone they said the last update is April 14 the RFE was received.

2 minutes ago, Sol1427 said:

May 5, did you hear anything yet? 2 more days and it would be a month for you

Nothing yet. No CC. yet. Hopefully soon. As of today May 23, 2017, (4 wreks down , which is 28 days so far.) I been hearing they been approving CC in 8 weeks though NVC, been telling me 11weeks when I called them last week. 

4 minutes ago, nyokie said:

yeah I was told website don't update all the times. I called the USCIS few times none of them will give me any informations. When I finally get to talk to someone they said the last update is April 14 the RFE was received.

Have you look through your e-mail and recived a Welcome letter from NVC, yet?

Timeline
16 minutes ago, James A said:

Just for your information. My package left USCIS; on January 25, 2017, then arrived on Feburary 07, 2017. It took 14 days from USCIS; to NVC. Check your e-mail in 14 days from the day USCIS sent your packet to NVC. Hope this helps. After you get e-mail give them a call. 

I never in my life get an email from them. my lawyer normal get all the information's.

only once my husband  got a mail was the AOS1 and usually it take a month and few days to get a mail. yep and no he is in Texas.

so I thinking we getting a mail so USCIS will track to see when we received it then change the status. that my guess

Timeline
2 minutes ago, James A said:

we never received any emails from them maybe only the lawyer not sure.

Timeline

am going to call my lawyer now to ask her to send a copy of the letter. watch she take a whole day or forget to send it and say oh she was busy whatever.

Timeline
Just now, Sol1427 said:

I also called yesterday hoping that they will tell me 8 weeks but nope :( she told me 11 weeks

they will tell you anything over the phone 11 weeks just so you will not call til 10 weeks but don't mind them call back in the mid of 8 weeks

8 minutes ago, James A said:

Look like this: 

Your name
*AA*
Your address
Yoyr case number, NVC Welcome Letter (PAOSF)
Date
Dear your name
The U.S. Department of State's National Visa Center (NVC) received your approved immigrant visa petition
from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. NVC's role is to ensure you are prepared for your immigrant
visa interview at a U.S. Embassy overseas, and to schedule your interview appointment. NVC is responsible for
collecting any applicable fees, your Immigrant Visa application, civil documents, Affidavits of Support, and
financial documents prior to your visa interview.
Your case identification numbers are below. You will need these numbers to pay fees and complete online
forms so keep this letter in a safe place.
 NVC Case Number: HCM2017534021
 Invoice ID Number: 40955778
Please take the following actions: To begin processing your immigrant visa appliation, go to our website
nvc.state.gov for English or nvc.state.gov/espanol for Spanish. There, you can read detailed instructions on the
six steps you are required to take:
Step 1. Choose an agent (please allow up to three (3) weeks for processing before continuing to Step 2.)
Step 2. Pay fees online at ceac.state.gov (allow up to one (1) week for processing before continuing to Step 3)
Step 3. Submit visa application form online at ceac.state.gov
Step 4. Collect financial documents
Step 5. Collect supporting documents
Step 6. Submit financial and supporting documents in one package to NVC.
After you complete the steps above, we will review the forms and documents you submit to us. If something is
missing or incorrect, we will tell you how to fix it. Otherwise, we will schedule your relative's case for a visa
interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM.
IMPORTANT: If you do not communicate with NVC regarding this immigrant visa case within one year, your
visa application could be terminated and all documents and fees on your case will expire.
Sincerely,
U.S. Department of State
National Visa Center
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200

U.S. Department of State
National Visa Center
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2915

11 minutes ago, nyokie said:

I never in my life get an email from them. my lawyer normal get all the information's.

only once my husband  got a mail was the AOS1 and usually it take a month and few days to get a mail. yep and no he is in Texas.

so I thinking we getting a mail so USCIS will track to see when we received it then change the status. that my guess

Call your Lawyer. He may have gotten the Welcome letter already. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.