JessieABC

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

scan date: may 24th

...well I have completed 2 weeks of waiting.  and seeing alot of posts on another thread that they are working on April 3-5th currently.  and their also seems to be alot of approval happening around the 8-9 week wait time.  less than the anticipated 11 weeks.  so hopefully that continues.  hang in there everyone.. we will all soon be celebrating the end of a very long and stressful process.

Edited by nessasmom980

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 6/7/2017 at 10:44 AM, nessasmom980 said:

scan date: may 24th

...well I have completed 2 weeks of waiting.  and seeing alot of posts on another thread that they are working on April 3-5th currently.  and their also seems to be alot of approval happening around the 8-9 week wait time.  less than the anticipated 11 weeks.  so hopefully that continues.  hang in there everyone.. we will all soon be celebrating the end of a very long and stressful process.

Me too! 2 weeks down. I'm hoping for the best for all of us! 🤗

Scan date: 05/25/17

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Shugi said:

good luck! 

scan date 24 may

hi ajr... I am,also waiting for india,interview.  which embassy?  I am mumbai

Edited by nessasmom980

In order to get a PCC I had to get a new passport coz my old passport did not have my spouse's name on it.  My concern is that my 1-130 was approved based on old passport number and all my previous documents and D 260 has my old passport details. Had to send PCC after I got a checklist. 

Would these different passport number be a problem. Will I get another checklist?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

scan date 24 may

hi ajr... I am,also waiting for india,interview.  which embassy?  I am mumbai

My Embessy would be New Delhi.. all the best.. ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shugi said:

In order to get a PCC I had to get a new passport coz my old passport did not have my spouse's name on it.  My concern is that my 1-130 was approved based on old passport number and all my previous documents and D 260 has my old passport details. Had to send PCC after I got a checklist. 

Would these different passport number be a problem. Will I get another checklist?

according to new pcc rule you'll get a pcc with the married status if you mentioned "married" in the pcc form.. you shouldn't have got a new passport.. you should've update the passport credentials. That way your passport number would be same and you'd get your spouse name on it. Even if you don't have your spouse name on your passport it doesn't matter because you have a marriage certificate to prove who Your spouse is. 

Edited by AJR19

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shugi said:

My hubby did not have to get a new passport -- he just wend in, applied for his PCC, they came to his house and interviewed him and then a few days later he went back and got his PCC, plus they stamped his passport with the PCC info. I submitted a copy of both his PCC and his passport pages with the PCC stamp. 

You should not have to get a new passport because you got married, unless there is a name change. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

40 minutes ago, amul said:

My hubby did not have to get a new passport -- he just wend in, applied for his PCC, they came to his house and interviewed him and then a few days later he went back and got his PCC, plus they stamped his passport with the PCC info. I submitted a copy of both his PCC and his passport pages with the PCC stamp. 

You should not have to get a new passport because you got married, unless there is a name change. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

I didnt want to change my passport but the passport officer would not give me a PCC unless I added my spouse's name. And any addition or change in a passport means a new passport. They did not leave me a choice but to get a new passport. Supposedly its a law that once you get married you have to add your spouse's name- which I wasnt aware of untill I needed a PCC. And I believe it goes for women mainly coz they are apparently known by their husband's name. 🙄 No one asks a guy if his wife's name is added on the passport to get a PCC. 

On the contrary I did not change my name.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.