DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, NJL said:

Since we have similar cases, it shouldnt be long until you get your notice...It is probably a glitch...Fingers crossed! And maybe we will get the same ceremony! :)

I know it is nerve wracking but hang in there..we are almost there!!!!!

would be nice to know if @max_AR2016 and  @birdword42 had their notice yet

Edited by NJL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 7:39 PM, NJL said:

No notification for oath ceremony for me yet. I had my interview 9/23/19 and got an email on 9/25/19 that my application had been approved. I'm a DC resident and did not request a name change. 

My online account is still showing: "

September 25, 2019

We approved your application
Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony
We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony."

Timeline
2 hours ago, max_AR2016 said:

No notification for oath ceremony for me yet. I had my interview 9/23/19 and got an email on 9/25/19 that my application had been approved. I'm a DC resident and did not request a name change. 

My online account is still showing: "

September 25, 2019

We approved your application
Your final step to becoming a citizen is to attend your naturalization ceremony
We will mail you a letter when we schedule your naturalization ceremony."

Thank you for the info! Since you are a DC resident it seems you will have to attend a ceremony in DC court.

Here is the schedule: https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/2019Natzdates.pdf

The next is Nov 12th, so that might be the one ;)

I read that some people get only 6 days notice before the ceremony, so that leaves you time to get your notice before the next ceremony in DC... Fingers crossed! We are almost there!!!

It has been 5 days since I got the message that my ceremony had been scheduled and no date online yet, or anything in the mail. Will keep the group inform.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On 10/13/2019 at 7:39 PM, NJL said:

My husband went for his interview on September 27th at the Washington DC field office in Fairfax, and everything went very well.  He had no issues, and the interviewer was very pleasant.  The interviewer told him he'd receive a letter in a few weeks with information about the ceremony.  We just received a letter yesterday, though it was dated October 1st, that his citizenship ceremony is scheduled for THIS THURSDAY!  For the first time ever, in the eight years that we've been dealing with immigration, has something happened FASTER than I thought it would.

Met June 2009, Carlos returned to Guatemala in March 2010, engaged May 2011, hardship waiver, denial, three years of separation, second waiver, APPROVED!, finally back in the U.S. in May 2013, married June 2013, permanent resident January 2014, and at long last, a citizenship on October 17, 2019.  Our immigration journey has finally come to an end!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, birdword42 said:

My husband went for his interview on September 27th at the Washington DC field office in Fairfax, and everything went very well.  He had no issues, and the interviewer was very pleasant.  The interviewer told him he'd receive a letter in a few weeks with information about the ceremony.  We just received a letter yesterday, though it was dated October 1st, that his citizenship ceremony is scheduled for THIS THURSDAY!  For the first time ever, in the eight years that we've been dealing with immigration, has something happened FASTER than I thought it would.

Oh wow, this is fantastic! Congrats!!!!!!

Crazy short notice but I guess it is better anyway ;)

Did your document show up online before you received it by mail? Do you recall when your online status changed to "Ceremony notice mailed to you?"

Thanks and have a great ceremony on Thursday!!!! If you dont mind me asking, where is the ceremony taking place? Thx!

Timeline
3 hours ago, NJL said:

Thank you for the info! Since you are a DC resident it seems you will have to attend a ceremony in DC court.

Here is the schedule: https://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/sites/dcd/files/2019Natzdates.pdf

The next is Nov 12th, so that might be the one ;)

I read that some people get only 6 days notice before the ceremony, so that leaves you time to get your notice before the next ceremony in DC... Fingers crossed! We are almost there!!!

It has been 5 days since I got the message that my ceremony had been scheduled and no date online yet, or anything in the mail. Will keep the group inform.

And I just received an email minutes ago that my oath ceremony was scheduled, but the document has not showed up in my document's tab yet. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, max_AR2016 said:

And I just received an email minutes ago that my oath ceremony was scheduled, but the document has not showed up in my document's tab yet. 

Great!!!!

And it seems like today is update day cause I just opened my account and saw that my Ceremony date had  finally been posted!!!!!

It will take place on Nov 12th in DC (though I am a resident of Alexandria, VA). I am very excited because of all places, the ceremony will be held at the National Museum of the American Indian and it means a lot to me...

I keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are still waiting....

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
21 hours ago, NJL said:

Oh wow, this is fantastic! Congrats!!!!!!

Crazy short notice but I guess it is better anyway ;)

Did your document show up online before you received it by mail? Do you recall when your online status changed to "Ceremony notice mailed to you?"

Thanks and have a great ceremony on Thursday!!!! If you dont mind me asking, where is the ceremony taking place? Thx!

It looks like on October 1st the online status updated to "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony," but I didn't see it because for whatever reason an e-mail was not sent to me to let me know that the status had changed.  Apparently there was also a notice the day of the interviewing saying "We approved your application," but again I didn't see it until just now because an e-mail was not sent.  I received e-mail notifications to check the status for all of the previous updates, so I don't know what was different this time.  Our ceremony is in Harrisonburg, VA.  We live about 20 minutes from there, and it's not a very large city, so perhaps that's why it's easier to get scheduled sooner.

Met June 2009, Carlos returned to Guatemala in March 2010, engaged May 2011, hardship waiver, denial, three years of separation, second waiver, APPROVED!, finally back in the U.S. in May 2013, married June 2013, permanent resident January 2014, and at long last, a citizenship on October 17, 2019.  Our immigration journey has finally come to an end!

Timeline
18 hours ago, NJL said:

Great!!!!

And it seems like today is update day cause I just opened my account and saw that my Ceremony date had  finally been posted!!!!!

It will take place on Nov 12th in DC (though I am a resident of Alexandria, VA). I am very excited because of all places, the ceremony will be held at the National Museum of the American Indian and it means a lot to me...

I keep my fingers crossed for all of you who are still waiting....

What time is your ceremony scheduled? My document tab is still not showing the oath ceremony notice, but if I get the same date as you I'm sure I'll be joining you at the National Museum. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, max_AR2016 said:

What time is your ceremony scheduled? My document tab is still not showing the oath ceremony notice, but if I get the same date as you I'm sure I'll be joining you at the National Museum. 

9 am! :)

It took 5 days for me to see the document online..

Timeline
4 hours ago, birdword42 said:

It looks like on October 1st the online status updated to "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony," but I didn't see it because for whatever reason an e-mail was not sent to me to let me know that the status had changed.  Apparently there was also a notice the day of the interviewing saying "We approved your application," but again I didn't see it until just now because an e-mail was not sent.  I received e-mail notifications to check the status for all of the previous updates, so I don't know what was different this time.  Our ceremony is in Harrisonburg, VA.  We live about 20 minutes from there, and it's not a very large city, so perhaps that's why it's easier to get scheduled sooner.

Thanks for the info! All the best tomorrow!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

NJL All the best today.

what date was your interview?

We will also do Oath Ceremony at Harrisonburg.

We interview Nov 15 so wondering if we will get Dec 11 Oath if we pass or if that would be too close?

I don’t think they do January ceremony 

Timeline
3 hours ago, SONG41 said:

NJL All the best today.

what date was your interview?

We will also do Oath Ceremony at Harrisonburg.

We interview Nov 15 so wondering if we will get Dec 11 Oath if we pass or if that would be too close?

I don’t think they do January ceremony 

I think this message was destined to @birdword42  who is having their ceremony today ;)

@SONG41 how do you know your ceremony will be in Harrisonburg? It seems to me that the location are somewhat random...I live in Alexandria, yet my ceremony will be in Washington DC (not in court, mind you) while other Alexandria residents have their ceremony in Alexandria.... I should maybe call to double check it is not an error actually ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.