DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
22 hours ago, Moonski said:

Judicial :))taking a middle name! 

It is weird that it’s not on the third thursday, maybe they are doing more ceremonies to help with the back log. 

Yes I hope this is what is happening!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, NJL said:

Yes I hope this is what is happening!!!

I just found this : https://www.alexandriava.gov/uploadedFiles/elections/info/ListofNaturalizationCeremonies.pdf

It shows 3 ceremonies in September. I wish they would show the rest of the year as well..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

My Estimated Wait time just dropped to 31 days as of Today while my case completion time remains the same

Estimated case completion time

December 2019 (3 months)

I am yet to get an update for interview or anything. I am hoping this month should be IT for interview schedule to come out.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
44 minutes ago, LIB_pekin said:

My Estimated Wait time just dropped to 31 days as of Today while my case completion time remains the same

Estimated case completion time

December 2019 (3 months)

I am yet to get an update for interview or anything. I am hoping this month should be IT for interview schedule to come out.

cool! I think it will only take 5-10 days for your date to get scheduled.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, beam30 said:

cool! I think it will only take 5-10 days for your date to get scheduled.

I am hoping that is the case!!!!!

I'll give it up to September 15.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Filed the N-400 online Sunday, 9/8.  Expecting a 6-8 month wait, based on what I read here.  That seems fast.  My son's N-400 took more like a year from beginning to end.

2 hours ago, bxb9 said:

91 days after interview nothing. Status still shows "Interview was scheduled". USCIS customer service was no help. I passed the test view but was given Decision cannot be made. Anything I should do?

Come next to me friend. I have the same situation. Calling and sending messages without any useful response.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Can anyone who recently experienced this tell how much time it took for the whole process after submitting online application to interview and then to get oat ceremony with a Name Change? (Fairfax field, VA office). How much the process gets delay because of name change?

16 hours ago, bxb9 said:

91 days after interview nothing. Status still shows "Interview was scheduled". USCIS customer service was no help. I passed the test view but was given Decision cannot be made. Anything I should do?

As you may know, USCIS has 120 days after your interview to issue a decision before you have any recourse. But I suggest you write a polite but firm letter to the Field Office (see website for their mailing address, which is slightly different than the physical one). Lay out your key milestones and dates (LPR date, n400 application date, biometrics, interview). State the outcome of the interview, remind them that it's now more than 90 days after your "initial examination," and ask for a speedy decision in the time allowed by law. Write it to the attention of the interviewing officer, if you have the name, and send it by certified mail.

Edited by afrocraft

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Goldfish123 said:

Can anyone who recently experienced this tell how much time it took for the whole process after submitting online application to interview and then to get oat ceremony with a Name Change? (Fairfax field, VA office). How much the process gets delay because of name change?

I’m a transfer from SF, so I can only tell you about the timing between an interview and an oath with a name change. I had my interview on July 13th, and was recommended for a citizenship on the spot, and my oath is on September 26th, so 2 and a half months after the interview. 

N400

07/31/2018 - Filed in San Francisco

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

5/13/2019 - Change of address request - Washington DC

5/15/2019 - Interview Scheduled for 06/20/2019

5/15/2019 - sent out a request to reschedule the interview

5/23/2019 - interview rescheduled to 06/26/2019

6/13/2019 - interview rescheduled to 07/13/2019

7/13/2019 - interview. Approved the same day, online status changed.

08/27/2019 - oath ceremony scheduled @ Alexandria court (name change) for 09/26/2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Moonski said:

I’m a transfer from SF, so I can only tell you about the timing between an interview and an oath with a name change. I had my interview on July 13th, and was recommended for a citizenship on the spot, and my oath is on September 26th, so 2 and a half months after the interview. 

So for changing the surname would be the same? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Goldfish123 said:

So for changing the surname would be the same? 

Any name change goes through court, so yes

N400

07/31/2018 - Filed in San Francisco

08/20/2018 - Biometrics

5/13/2019 - Change of address request - Washington DC

5/15/2019 - Interview Scheduled for 06/20/2019

5/15/2019 - sent out a request to reschedule the interview

5/23/2019 - interview rescheduled to 06/26/2019

6/13/2019 - interview rescheduled to 07/13/2019

7/13/2019 - interview. Approved the same day, online status changed.

08/27/2019 - oath ceremony scheduled @ Alexandria court (name change) for 09/26/2019

14 hours ago, afrocraft said:

As you may know, USCIS has 120 days after your interview to issue a decision before you have any recourse. But I suggest you write a polite but firm letter to the Field Office (see website for their mailing address, which is slightly different than the physical one). Lay out your key milestones and dates (LPR date, n400 application date, biometrics, interview). State the outcome of the interview, remind them that it's now more than 90 days after your "initial examination," and ask for a speedy decision in the time allowed by law. Write it to the attention of the interviewing officer, if you have the name, and send it by certified mail.

Well I did a service request today and also asked my congressman for help. Hopefully this will nudge them. If nothing happens in few weeks,  as you suggested, I will write a letter to the officer. By the way do you have any sample letter I can use. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.