DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

My husband had his interview today. Although he passed the naturalization test (and the 40 minute interview went seemingly well) he was told they couldn’t make a decision at this time. 

The officer told my husband that she was new and still in training. She said because his ROC was not yet adjudicated she couldn’t make a decision.  She pointed at the I-751 packet sitting on the desk and said she didn’t have time to look at it and was going to turn it over to her supervisor. 

I went to the field office with him but they said they didn’t need to speak with me. 

She said we should hopefully hear something by January. 

Needless to say, I’m not happy 😡

Edited by InsanelyOne

14 minutes ago, InsanelyOne said:

My husband had his interview today. Although he passed the naturalization test (and the 40 minute interview went seemingly well) he was told they couldn’t make a decision at this time. 

The officer told my husband that she was new and still in training. She said because his ROC was not yet adjudicated she couldn’t make a decision.  She pointed at the I-751 packet sitting on the desk and said she didn’t have time to look at it and was going to turn it over to her supervisor. 

I went to the field office with him but they said they didn’t need to speak with me. 

This is actually the most common outcome these days. USCIS has 120 days after your interview to make a decision. You should be fine.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, bxb9 said:

Yes its now close to one month, since I sent that letter to the officer but did not got any response. I also did service request more than a month ago, which was not responded as well. I talked to L2 officer but that was no help as well. Per my L2 officer my case is on extended review. I only have some speeding tickets that's it. No travel outside as well. HE just told me to wait because it is still  within normal processing time, which is 15.5 months in DC. I will be calling my congressman tomorrow again to check on my case status. 

Hello, Any update?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline

I did my swearing in yesterday at an elaborate ceremony in Manasas VA. RIght after the program, I went to the Post Office and put in for my Passport. I wish everyone luck in the process.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 11/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, InsanelyOne said:

Any updates or changes? My Father-In-Law just had exactly the same happen today was told he passed the test & looked perfect for approval but as she was in training she had to defer it & it would be 2-3 months before he heard anything.

My Mother-In-Law had interview with another officer who was obviously not in training as he approved her & said oath ceremony should be in about a month.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mother-In-Law Oath Ceremony scheduled for December 20th but nothing has changed on Father-In-Law as his had to be sent for review as Officer was in training.

They really want to do the Oath Ceremony together & they had planned to be with Family at Christmas over that date in another part of the country. 

Is it wise to cancel an Oath Ceremony to wait for Father-In-Law? 

Thanks

On 11/15/2019 at 6:17 PM, SONG41 said:

Any updates or changes? My Father-In-Law just had exactly the same happen today was told he passed the test & looked perfect for approval but as she was in training she had to defer it & it would be 2-3 months before he heard anything.

My Mother-In-Law had interview with another officer who was obviously not in training as he approved her & said oath ceremony should be in about a month.

Nope... nothing.  Checked the status online and nothing has changed.

We are traveling out of the country in February and his GC extension expires at the beginning of January.  If we don't hear anything by the beginning of December we are going to see about getting an I-551 stamp in his passport.

Edited by InsanelyOne

On 11/4/2019 at 3:49 PM, InsanelyOne said:

Did you hear anything yet ? 
remember the name of the agent was she a young lady , very well mannered and polite ?

Hi, I'm joining the group 😊! I have just filed my N-400 application online on November 21st through 3 years of marriage though I was already eligible last year. Due to the fee increase that might take into effect on December 2nd, I had to file it right away. I got an NOA the next day, got the 2nd letter re: Biometrics yesterday where I am scheduled on December 11th. My estimated completion date as per uscis.gov website is on July 2020.

How's everyone else's case so far?

I wish everyone the best of luck!

5 minutes ago, kenzo_gal said:

Hi, I'm joining the group 😊! I have just filed my N-400 application online on November 21st through 3 years of marriage though I was already eligible last year. Due to the fee increase that might take into effect on December 2nd, I had to file it right away. I got an NOA the next day, got the 2nd letter re: Biometrics yesterday where I am scheduled on December 11th. My estimated completion date as per uscis.gov website is on July 2020.

How's everyone else's case so far?

I wish everyone the best of luck!

Hey, saw you in the November group. Didn't realize that you were also in the DMV area. Glad to see some recent applicants from DC here!

N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.