smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi friends!! I'm more disconnected lately but it seems that cases are moving! Good luck in your process and congrats to the recently approved. Tomorrow Monday it makes 7 days since our case was approved, should we start calling the NVC for the number or perhaps wait for another week?

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

1 hour ago, Kirin2002 said:

Hi friends!! I'm more disconnected lately but it seems that cases are moving! Good luck in your process and congrats to the recently approved. Tomorrow Monday it makes 7 days since our case was approved, should we start calling the NVC for the number or perhaps wait for another week?

Wait 10 days before calling NVC gives them time to recieve it and to start building case number.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Shanne said:

our RFE Timeline was: 

RFE mailed by USCIS September 29
RFE received October 5th

RFE returned October 6th (priority mail) 
RFE received by USCIS October 17th

NOA 2 online notification October 19th 

RFE reason, missed one checkbox on I-129f 

:wow:Getting an NOA2 two days after USCIS receipt of "Request For Extra-waiting" is quite miraculous, if not, atypical.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

:wow:Getting an NOA2 two days after USCIS receipt of "Request For Extra-waiting" is quite miraculous, if not, atypical.

Uscis expected it would take longer for a box check! Huh then they were like damn it came back too fast...

10 hours ago, vml said:

@heenakumthekar33 some people get their case number after only few days.  m also from India. And got approved on 31st Oct..yours takes many days for case number..m hoping till 15 we can get. But you are before mine.. Do you call them yet to know?? 

Yeah I guess. I am telling my fiancé to call twice a day! Once in the morning and then at night. I’m also wondering why haven’t we got it as yet. For me it’s been almost three weeks it’s ridiculous lol 

7 hours ago, Shanne said:

our RFE Timeline was: 

RFE received October 5th

Wow, that is amazing!!

But, but, you sent it via priority mail meaning USCIS should have gotten it on the 11th or 12. that means it took them 7-8 days to issue the NOA2

lol, i think so much because I sent in my RFE last week and am calculating how much longer I must wait :jest:

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 10/14/2017 at 2:01 PM, facebook098 said:

are uu on the 19th which day uu at ? mind me asking n i hope uu get urs soon

Our date is May 25th. I haven't hard anything yet tho... waiting patiently and praying for a speedy process after the approval..:energy: 

9 hours ago, Shanne said:

our RFE Timeline was: 

RFE received October 5th

Wow a missed box. I forgot to print name on g 325a but signed it. So we shall see. At least i know it be a quick fix.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

Wow, that is amazing!!

But, but, you sent it via priority mail meaning USCIS should have gotten it on the 11th or 12. that means it took them 7-8 days to issue the NOA2

lol, i think so much because I sent in my RFE last week and am calculating how much longer I must wait :jest:

I was the same way, looking at other peoples timelines trying to figure out how long it would take. It looks to me like it various some, probably due to who is handling your application, and what the reason for the RFE is.  

I don't know exactly when they received it, since we did not get tracking on the mail. We called on the 13th and they tolled us, they had no updates for us. But I am sure they received it a while before the 17th, and that is just took somebody a while to update the online tracker. 
All in all the VJ estimate of 24 extra days was quite accurate as it took 20 extra days. 

5 hours ago, PadieNerkBrapone said:

From looking at other peoples timelines it looks like it varies a lot. I was glad it only took 2 days, as I feel we waited longer than most people to get a update that the USCIS had received our application. 

2 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

Wow a missed box. I forgot to print name on g 325a but signed it. So we shall see. At least i know it be a quick fix.

Did you send the old or new I-129f, because if you send the new one they don't need your 325a at all, so probably no RFE then. 
And anyways, your name is on the top of the 325a, so they might not care if you forgot to print it on the bottom.

Don't worry to much about it, an RFE is not the end of the world, and also something you can't do anything about at this stage. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Wait 10 days before calling NVC gives them time to recieve it and to start building case number.

Is it important to fill out ds-160 form before to get case number from nvc..??  Who fill this form,, petition or if we have our lawyer.???? Or is there something neeeded to fill out that form??

45 minutes ago, Shanne said:

I was the same way, looking at other peoples timelines trying to figure out how long it would take. It looks to me like it various some, probably due to who is handling your application, and what the reason for the RFE is.  

I don't know exactly when they received it, since we did not get tracking on the mail. We called on the 13th and they tolled us, they had no updates for us. But I am sure they received it a while before the 17th, and that is just took somebody a while to update the online tracker. 
All in all the VJ estimate of 24 extra days was quite accurate as it took 20 extra days. 

From looking at other peoples timelines it looks like it varies a lot. I was glad it only took 2 days, as I feel we waited longer than most people to get a update that the USCIS had received our application. 

Did you send the old or new I-129f, because if you send the new one they don't need your 325a at all, so probably no RFE then. 
And anyways, your name is on the top of the 325a, so they might not care if you forgot to print it on the bottom.

Don't worry to much about it, an RFE is not the end of the world, and also something you can't do anything about at this stage. 

I am not sure which i 129f it was. If it happens so be it. Like you said can not change it. They are signed and dated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Cristina24 said:

How long is the wait typically until the NVC issues you a case number? 😶

Hi) what I see is that it generally takes 1-4 weeks to receive the number. 

There is also a forum you might find useful 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.