smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Question, when you guys see that people are getting approved. Is this based on what the person approved updates on their timeline ? Or is this straight from USCIS ? Like is there a way we find out before the person getting approved does ? 

Sorry if the question seems pretty dumb.. just curious 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@mcs I AM SOOOO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! After a long wait, isn't this the most amazing feeling??? 

Congratulations! Everything will go very smoothly now for you and your love :jest:

Timeline
51 minutes ago, A+B OS said:

May 5th here!! Can anyone tell me why there seems to be a preference for Philippine applicants? Praying this thing starts to move faster for some of us non-Philippine applicants. We want to see our spouses too :)

Isn't there also preference given to members of the military? And there's a large military base (bases?) in the Philippines.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

Most likely pertaining to real estate property, i.e., foreclosures. Credit Card Debt and car loans are not a factor when it comes to financially supporting a dependent.

What about student loan debt?

Just now, Geo_nerd82 said:

What about student loan debt?

The I-134 is based on your financial support to the beneficiary (your fiancé). Meaning, you are providing information that shows you meet the poverty requirement.

Debt is not considered financial support. The Embassy is not taking any "owed debt" into account. The purpose of the form to make sure that you can afford to take care of your fiancé so that he/she does not become a "public charge" to the US. In short, the government wants to make sure you can afford to take care of your fiancé so that they don't need any state or federal assistance (i.e. welfare).

Any owed debt has no bearing on this matter.

1 minute ago, Yace said:

For the i-134, you just mail it to your beneficiary to take to their interview right?

Correct...along with your financial supporting documents that are required to show you have sufficient income that meets the US poverty guidelines.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

12 minutes ago, Loverisaa said:

Question, when you guys see that people are getting approved. Is this based on what the person approved updates on their timeline ? Or is this straight from USCIS ? Like is there a way we find out before the person getting approved does ? 

Sorry if the question seems pretty dumb.. just curious 

It's based on USCIS. You can find out by either having the USCIS case tracker app for your phone, you can track your case directly on the USCIS website.

The person updating their timeline is manual, meaning, VJ does not have the means to know when, who or how the person is approved. The person's timeline is updated by the person approved.

And there are no dumb or stupid questions during this process...trust me, I'm almost at my question limit for the week...ha! ;)

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

3 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

The I-134 is based on your financial support to the beneficiary (your fiancé). Meaning, you are providing information that shows you meet the poverty requirement.

Debt is not considered financial support. The Embassy is not taking any "owed debt" into account. The purpose of the form to make sure that you can afford to take care of your fiancé so that he/she does not become a "public charge" to the US. In short, the government wants to make sure you can afford to take care of your fiancé so that they don't need any state or federal assistance (i.e. welfare).

Correct...along with your financial supporting documents that are required to show you have sufficient income that meets the US poverty guidelines.

So it's not anything we have to "file"per say. I only have about 6.5k in my savings because I was previously a student but now I have a job where my minimal income (excluding my commission) is 22k gross. With commission I make roughly an extra 150-500 per month. I live in a guest house on a big property that my parents own with no monthly charge. Do you think that there will be any problems? I know poverty is 16.4k or around there and I make more than 130% of poverty

1 minute ago, Yace said:

So it's not anything we have to "file"per say. I only have about 6.5k in my savings because I was previously a student but now I have a job where my minimal income (excluding my commission) is 22k gross. With commission I make roughly an extra 150-500 per month. I live in a guest house on a big property that my parents own with no monthly charge. Do you think that there will be any problems? I know poverty is 16.4k or around there and I make more than 130% of poverty

As long as you can provide documentation showing you meet the poverty requirements then you should be fine.

You will need to provide an employment verification letter on your employer's letter that shows the when you started, how much you make hourly (or salary), title and if you are full time, etc. I would recommend contact your HR dept at your job and tell them what you need and they should be able to provide it to you.

You're gonna have to print off your paystubs (I would do 6 months worth but if you just started working then print them all), you're gonna have to provide your previous tax transcripts, and since you are adding your savings information you are gonna need to get a letter from the bank indicating when the account was opened, how much is in the account and/or your average balance.

I would recommend you review the information listed under the "guides" tab on this website and also the instruction sheet that comes with the I-134 gives you a list on what supporting documentation you will need to show proof that you meet over the poverty guidelines.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

1 hour ago, Marion said:

I just saw on my USCISApp that two cases from May 3rd receive dates were approved today (they were I129F). I hope I am next 🙏🏼

Hey, how do you view cases being approved for others? :) 

1 hour ago, mcs said:

This just in... I wish that my lovely Roma had not gone to bed right before I received word... we've been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no emoticon here that expresses how happy I feel!!!!  :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"On October 5, 2017, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WAC1790314257. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

wow, congrats! this is a call-till-she-wakes-up moment!

or send like 50 text messages in excitement!

23 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Wait, what!?! I-134?! We have to mail our birth date, social security number and how much money we make and have to somebody outside of the US?

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, mcs said:

This just in... I wish that my lovely Roma had not gone to bed right before I received word... we've been approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no emoticon here that expresses how happy I feel!!!!  :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

"On October 5, 2017, we approved your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WAC1790314257. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Yaaaaaaayyy for you I know she was getting a little restless with the wait. Now you will be able to be there for the Interview and bring her home soon !!!!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.