smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I just submitted a inquiry through my state Senator lets see if they can assist in getting some update.

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Adam_Bauer said:

It's been real waiting with you for these months. But my wait is up. Me and my fiancé have decided to rescind our petition and she is moving to my home country, Iceland, after we are married. Here, she can wait in the country while her residency application is being processed (takes max 90 days) and she can start working immediately. We are done with this silly bureaucracy and we are quite frankly not sure we like the direction the USA is heading towards... At least for now. 

Wish you all luck with the rest of your processes and a happy future!

Best of luck to the two of you!!!!  :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Still waiting to hear back! We are an NOA1 of May 2. Hoping to hear some good news soon! I think I might try to call in today and see if there is any update... a bit scared to do so though! What is the process for doing that?? Let me know if you have any tips and instructions :D

K-1 visa for a Canadian!

NOA1: May 2, 2017

NOA2: October 17, 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I don't believe that to be an expedited case simply because of the timeframe for which expedited cases are handled. This case was approved last Tuesday; many of the expedited cases for May were already reviewed prior to September, but I could be wrong.

Either way, USCIS does not review in chronological order straight through, and that I know for certain just based on how the previous months were reviewed. They operate in a production-based environment, which means they still have daily & weekly quotas to hit. Yes, they are backlogged, but I'm sure they have particular adjudicators working the more "complex" cases (for ex., DACA cases which are by 10/5) while the "easy" cases, if that's what we want to call them, are pushed through quicker because that's just how these type of workplaces operate.

They are in the last quarter of the fiscal year. May cases have been distributed out to the adjudicators and I guarantee you, the boxes have been "cherrypicked" and sorted through to give easier cases to reviews that can are not as experienced as their more tenure workers, so that they can get their closure rate down. Therefore, the order on how these approvals come through will not be exactly in order of receive date, that's why it looks like people get "skipped" which is not the case.

I'm not worried so much about not getting my NOA2, because I know it's coming. I'm just simply shedding light on things for those that might be in a state of worry or concern should they see cases get approved before theirs. For us, it's about the approval...but USCIS it's will always be about the numbers.

Just think why dont you see any approvals of May in Visa journey.only 1 or 2 are there just because they were expedited.But almost 60% to 70% of april fillers have got their Noa2 because uscis was working there.They just moved to may in last week.They worked upto batch starting of wac1790314204 to wac1790314700.

9 hours ago, LabOz said:

Hi,  10 days after your approval you can start calling NVC to get your new case number.

You can start filling out DS-160 now. No need to wait for approval.

Just be sure to access it every 30 days or the data will be lost

A 2 x 2 color photo of the beneficiary will need to be loaded at the end.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Steven

I know I didn't ask this but ohh this is good, thank you!

Is this supposed to be filled out by the petitioner or the beneficiary?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cottager said:

Still waiting to hear back! We are an NOA1 of May 2. Hoping to hear some good news soon! I think I might try to call in today and see if there is any update... a bit scared to do so though! What is the process for doing that?? Let me know if you have any tips and instructions :D

Don't be scared... just remember to be polite.  The best advice that I can offer is to ask the Tier 1 agent (the one who will answer your call) questions that they cannot answer like "do you know if the name check has been done yet," "can you tell me if the background check has been completed."  They will not have access to this information.  I asked if there was someone who might have access to that information and was told, "well, no one at my level."  I then said, "oh, is there another level that I could speak to perhaps?"  That's when I was able to get transferred to a Tier 2 person (well, I received a call back from one); unfortunately, the information that they provided was not helpful but you may do better... good luck!!!  :)

55 minutes ago, Adam_Bauer said:

It's been real waiting with you for these months. But my wait is up. Me and my fiancé have decided to rescind our petition and she is moving to my home country, Iceland, after we are married. Here, she can wait in the country while her residency application is being processed (takes max 90 days) and she can start working immediately. We are done with this silly bureaucracy and we are quite frankly not sure we like the direction the USA is heading towards... At least for now. 

Good luck to you.  I wish you the best!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, Greenbaum said:

You can cut two days for delivery if you have it sent to the mall in Manila. It's the big one. I forget the name.  You can pick it up there. 2-4 days for printing. 

Use this website to double check that your lawyer is giving you the best advice. Hank has been around for over 10 years and is very knowledgable and has created a website with just the fact of how to process through USEM in Manila.  http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/index.html  It's free to use.

Mall of Asia.....HEE HEE...I know it well.

Ugh... just call customer service again.. They said the current processing time can take up to 8 months... but that it may be optimistic to think minimum 6.... So I have one more month to wait.... 147 days here.....  That was on thrusday. Today I tried to do an case inquiry on the uscis website and it says I am not allow to do so because I'm still on the "regular" processing time... so frustrating.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MariaB Soria said:

Ugh... just call customer service again.. They said the current processing time can take up to 8 months... but that it may be optimistic to think minimum 6.... So I have one more month to wait.... 147 days here.....  That was on thrusday. Today I tried to do an case inquiry on the uscis website and it says I am not allow to do so because I'm still on the "regular" processing time... so frustrating.... 

I feel you dear, just got finished watching my fiance cry,,,,,we are on day # 202.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ste&Sel said:

I feel you dear, just got finished watching my fiance cry,,,,,we are on day # 202.

This process is so not for the weak of heart... so ridiculously emotionally taxing... :(

1 hour ago, Adam_Bauer said:

Awww that so sweet, I wish I could do the same ,but the country I'm living now ,don't accept same sex marriage . Guys stay bless and be happy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.