smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 8/1/2017 at 7:05 PM, kannan said:

this could be having some impact: 

Also, from April or May all I-129F are going to California via lockbox, as opposed different service centers based on the applicant's region; this increases the workload as well.

As far as I know all K-1's have already been going to Cali Serv Center with few exceptions for over 10 years now.

In the past you would send it based to a service center depending upon where you lived.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Adam_Bauer said:

Republican law to reduce legal immigration

Just saw this article on NPR today. Hope it doesn't come down to hurt any of us when we are applying for AOS.

My parents got their green cards through the diversity lottery.

A certain segment of our society is afraid that USA will soon have caucasians as a minority. The above law would slow that concern down but to bad for them it's just a matter of time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2013/05/17/how-the-geography-of-u-s-immigration-has-changed-over-time/?utm_term=.a80a5b8cf0e0

America the melting pot for better or worse.

Timeline
7 hours ago, BaconSF said:

I wish there was an pay extra for an expedite option for the k1 like they have for the h1b..

I've been through this process before and waiting is no fun.

I thought the same thing but the problem is it puts poor people at a further disadvantage.

Loved ones should not be restricted or separated due to finances. Obviously there is an affidavit of support which I understand but premium processing should only be done

if it makes no affect on the amount of time that others need to wait. So they would need to have special department who work nothing but expedite or premium cases without thinning the work force for the regular cases.

But for the sake of argument if there WAS premium processing how much would members here be willing to pay?

Regular I-129F is $535 so $1,000, $2,000, $5,000 or $10,000?

Also if they did have premium processing  there is no promise of approval.

Interesting subject though.

Timeline

Day 90 here since NOA 1.:clock:

Heading to Philippines 3 weeks from now.:dancing:

Haven't seen her since April.(L)

:cry:

(ok I used my Emoticon Quota for the week):jest:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, LabOz said:

Day 90 here since NOA 1.:clock:

Heading to Philippines 3 weeks from now.:dancing:

Haven't seen her since April.(L)

:cry:

(ok I used my Emoticon Quota for the week):jest:

I'm heading to the Philippines on the 24th of this month. We'll be visiting coron palawan, then traveling around south east Asia for 20 nights.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, BaconSF said:

I'm heading to the Philippines on the 24th of this month. We'll be visiting coron palawan, then traveling around south east Asia for 20 nights.

that is so cool. I'll be arriving same day in Manila.

We were planning for Palawan as well but some thing came up with her school so down to Mindanao instead.

Have a great trip.

Have you started working on their DS-160 yet?

Good time to sign another updated letter of intent and give her/him everything they need for the interview.

On 5/19/2017 at 11:04 AM, Matiela said:

hey everyone! we're joining in late but this is our thread! after a huuuuge delay getting ready to mail the k1 package, checking and rechecking and rerererechecking every form as if we wanted to get an OCD award, we did it! (man was it stressful). We sent the package to Dani's mom in the US (we're both currently in Argentina), she finished the assembly adding a couple photos, then sent it to the Dallas lockbox the first week of May and they received it on May 9. thankfully our NOA1 was FAST (dated May 11), we received the notice email (form g-1145) next day and she received the standard mail NOA yesterday, telling us we got the California Service Center!!! We're so excited... and very grateful to this community that has been an invaluable resource in preparing everything. Good luck and all the best to you guys, all the may filers already on this thread and the ones to come in yet :)

Hi Matiela,
I am also a K1 visa May (26) filer. My fiancee is in Argentina his name is Carlos. I am from Argentina but I became US citizen about 16 years ago, I am Claudia. I also got a case number from WAC like you guys.... I hope both our processes go well, wish you all best of luck! :)   

Timeline

Hi everyone... I just found these forums and I wan't to monitor the trends! My name is James and I live with my fiance for over a year now in Davao City, Philippines... I hope we get approved lol anyway heres what USCIS says.

On May 17, 2017, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXX, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 16, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Also I am American and she is Filipino we met by accident after I decided to just live here for a few years lol! 

Edited by JamesLane
forgot to specify

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
54 minutes ago, JamesLane said:

Hi everyone... I just found these forums and I wan't to monitor the trends! My name is James and I live with my fiance for over a year now in Davao City, Philippines... I hope we get approved lol anyway heres what USCIS says.

On May 17, 2017, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXX, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 16, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Also I am American and she is Filipino we met by accident after I decided to just live here for a few years lol! 

My date is May 17 too !! Good luck to all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, alaris said:

There was one RFE today with NOA1 date 05/16/17. Did not see any activity for April filers, and here is May???

There was a lot of activity for march filers today, lots of approvals. There was also an approval for a april filer that i saw on facebook. One more day means one less day! I'm confident about this. Day 98 here

On 8/2/2017 at 10:23 AM, SazKap said:

congrats! what was the rationale for expedited process? 

as far as the Haiti stuff, i think @kannan is correct - basically, he said that they are rushing to get through all the applications before the deadline so that people don't get deported. by the way, he didn't say that they've completely stopped approving K-1s, but just that most of the adjudicators (like himself) had been reallocated. 

when is the adjudicators deadline to finish and get through these hatian applications?

it's honestly BS if they are prioritizing this over K1 Visa. if a hatian submitted their application later, than they should wait in line for others who submitted their visa application (K1 or otherwise) first. i doubt anyone already in the US not intending to go back will go back on there own.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

k1 visa issued in june -India 38,Phillpines  348,china 57,canada 68

may- india 42,Phillpines 420,china 62,canada  50

April-India  26,Phillpines 371,china 2(Yes two only),canada 61

march-india 47,Phillpines  521,china 73,canada 63.

July has not been updated yet.Through this we will come to know how they worked in July.Before July, it seems like they were working average.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.