Emma + Jas

I-129F March 2017 Filers

11,448 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SimplyBlessed said:

I returned it to them Monday and they updated the case as received 

I forgot the divorce paper 

Fingers crossed for a quick turn around.  Saw an NOA2 today that their RFE was received on the 9th so 11 days later they got approved.  Hope yours is faster!

12 minutes ago, Shinelley said:

Hey thank you it's good to know there are others who's been there done that, I'm getting ready to go for my medical the first week in October. Hopefully we could share our experiences. 

They scheduled me for October 16th. And I will definitely share my experience. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rev said:

Tomorrow is interview day for us!  I'm getting so nervous 😰

Good Luck to you!  I'm sure you will be fine.  I see @S*UK from Aprilites is interviewing tomorrow as well in UK

@Estibaliz is interviewing tomorrow in Spain.   Wow, this is really coming to a close for so many of us.

Best Wishes for you all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just a quick poll...were you required to wait to get packet 3 from your local embassy before submitting DS-160?  Or were you able to successfully submit DS-160 after receiving NVC case number?

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Fingers crossed for a quick turn around.  Saw an NOA2 today that their RFE was received on the 9th so 11 days later they got approved.  Hope yours is faster!

Thanks that would just be great 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
20 hours ago, Eric&Olya said:

You've described everything very well but there's something I'd like to point out:

- don't send the original of NOA2. It is the beneficiary's most important document until they get a greeen card, it would be very unfortunate if it gets lost in the mail

- a police certificate is mandatory, not just in case, and it really is best to start asap

Thank you! I'll update my post (actually, it wouldn't give me the option for that anymore, but I will note your tips) (F)

Edited by annachka

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Wow, I haven't been on here for a while I wanna say a big CONGRATS to everyone who's already entered the states or to those that have an interview coming up! As for us, well we've been stuck in some sort of "Administrative Processing" at the NVC and have to wait and wait and wait *sigh*. Wishing everyone else the best of luck and speed through this all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, AnJ Co said:

Good Luck to you!  I'm sure you will be fine.  I see @S*UK from Aprilites is interviewing tomorrow as well in UK

@Estibaliz is interviewing tomorrow in Spain.   Wow, this is really coming to a close for so many of us.

Best Wishes for you all

2 hours ago, SimplyBlessed said:

You will be fine!

Thank you both!  I'll update in the morning :wub:

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 9/19/2017 at 6:33 PM, annachka said:

Check out http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide for some instructions of what's to come.  Those instructions don't mention the DS-160 for some reason.

Here's what my fiance and I have been able to find out.  Disclaimer: I haven't been through these steps myself.  Just trying to help you out.

Those in the know, please correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything.  :D We haven't completed any of these steps yet, so it would help us so much if I'm mistaken about anything! (L)

- The US citizen needs to fill out i-134 and provide proof that they can support their fiance financially (must be 125% the poverty level or so -- check https://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/2017-federal-poverty-level-guidelines for 2+ people):

• letter from the employer attesting to salary (signed by your employer!)
  • tax transcripts or w2, showing your wages
  • paycheck stubs for the last few months confirming the salary
  • bank statements confirming deposits
  • if you don't have enough income showing with just the salary, you can do savings account, etc but you'll have to check the guidelines to make sure the funds are sufficient

- US citizen will also need to send another intent to marry letter to the fiance with a more recent date (might be good to have your fiance do a new one too).

- US citizen should make a copy of the I-129f approval letter (the i-797) and send the original to fiance (someone please confirm this)

- Fiance can start filling out the ds-160 online (they'll need a passport photo taken within the last 6 months, and depending how long your I-129F took, it may have to be a more recent one), but don't submit/sign it until you're asked for it -- you can save your progress in the meantime, though.

- Fiance can apply for a police certificate just in case the embassy asks for it -- this may take a long time to get, so best to start ASAP

- Fiance should find out where they'll need to schedule the doctor appointment just to be prepared.  Make sure to get a copy of the DS-3025!  You'll need it for your Adjustment of Status process, later, else they'll make you get checked up/vaccinated again

- You should prepare some more chat/phone logs and some more recent photos, as proof of your relationship since filing the I-129f.  These will need to be brought to the interview.

- If you guys haven't already done so, the I-129F petition copy and all the documents/photos you had there should also be sent to the fiance for the interview.

All of the documents US citizen sends to the fiance (i-134, intent to marry, employer letter) must have original signatures -- they'll check for that. 

Don't forget about the CEAC tracker, once the NVC receives your case and the case number is assigned. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

On 9/19/2017 at 9:04 PM, Eric&Olya said:

You've described everything very well but there's something I'd like to point out:

- don't send the original of NOA2. It is the beneficiary's most important document until they get a greeen card, it would be very unfortunate if it gets lost in the mail

- a police certificate is mandatory, not just in case, and it really is best to start asap

Here is what I did and it was fine.
I had read somewhere that a letter from your bank was needed to go with the I-134 so I also included that.

I know there has been talk about what people have taken for interviews and what should be taken and this is what my F took:
From me:
       Stuff that I mailed (because of wet signatures) also I used DHL so it would get there in lightning speed time -2 days to be exact- and to make sure that it did get there since these are very important documents. Also, I included 2 of everything just in case and kept one of everything for myself just in case and they ALL had wet signatures:

• certified divorce decree (a copy was not good enough- I had to go to the courthouse and get this)
  • letter from HR
  • letter from bank
  • I-134
  • updated letter of intent to marry (I added much more to mine to mine explaining our wedding plans and details)

Stuff that i put in a file and emailed to him to make the mailed envelope lighter and cheaper:

• bank statements
  • w-2's from last 3 years
  • pay stubs for the last 4 months
  • wedding dress receipt
  • room confirmation (for wedding and honeymoon)
  • plane ticket confirmations for all who are attending our wedding in FL
  • work leave request and approval for wedding/honeymoon dates
  • I-797
  • Letter from NVC

From him:

• he took a LOT of skype screen shots for proof of ongoing relationship (way more than I had submitted which was only 20)
  • more photos - like 5 more different ones (and we do not have pics of us with the others family because we have never met the others family in person since we went to Mexico to meet in person)
  • 7 passport photos (for medical and interview... maybe it was 5- i can't remember now =/)
  • Vaccination records
  • police certificate
  • sealed envelope from the medical place
  • original and certified? copy of his birth certificate
  • proof of his payment
  • the DS-160 number (I didn't do that so, I am not sure what that was called)

The embassy already had the packet that I had sent to Texas on March 31st so there was no need to take anything that was already included in that.
I can't remember anything else, but I am sure there was more. We made sure to have more than enough so there would be no problems and there wasn't! It did not matter that we had only met one time in Mexico. I did not send tax transcripts either.
At the medical they asked him for his A number which he couldn't find and when I told him where it was and he gave it to them, they said that wasn't the right number and ended up writing down the case number that was assigned from the NVC so that was kind of weird. And then at the interview they did ask him a LOT of things... like a LOT! I was surprised at how much they asked him.
A bit of advice for anyone who is doubting anything that needs to be taken... if you are unsure of something... just take it. You could never have too much and it is better to be safe than sorry.
Anyhow, this is what we did and got approved.
Hope this was helpful for any who are not sure about things.

Edited by Holly♡

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

APPROVED! :dance::dance::dance:

Congrats!!! How was it?

I-129F Sent: 21/02/2017                                                                                                                                                 Marriage: 12/01/2018

I-129F Received Date: 23/02/2017                                                                                                                               AOS/EAD/AP Sent :

I-129F NOA1: 28/02/2017

RFE: 12/07/2017

RFE Hard Copy Received: 17/07/2017

RFE Response Sent Back: 18/07/2017

RFE Received By USCIS: 21/07/2017

I-129F NOA2: 18/08/2017 (176 Days)

NVC Received: 31/08/2017 (13 Days)

NVC Left: 06/09/2017 (6 Days)

Consulate Received: 08/09/2017

Letter from embassy (Packet 3): 11/09/2017
Medical at Knightsbridge: 28/09/2017

Interview: 10/10/2017 APPROVED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Missabc said:

Congrats!!! How was it?

Thanks!  I think it took around an hour and a half total between my fiance going in a bit early + waiting.  He was able to message me during the times he was waiting.  He was called up twice, once for documents and once for the interview and he said the interview literally only took about 3 minutes.  Our case wasn't entirely straightforward so we were pretty worried despite preparing the best we could but apparently it was all non-issue!  So if you have zero complications in your case, I'd say there's definitely nothing to be nervous about :D

2 minutes ago, SimplyBlessed said:

Congrats!!!!!!! :jest::whistle::jest:

Thank you!

K-1 Visa:

03/27/17 - I-129F mailed.

03/31/17 - Delivered / Received Date
04/05/17 - Notice date

04/06/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

04/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy
07/31/17 - NOA2 hard copy

08/14/17 - Received NVC case #

08/17/17 - Case left NVC / in transit
08/18/17 - Case ready at embassy!
09/13/17 - Medical
09/21/17 - Interview - Approved!

10/09/17 - POE Phoenix

10/22/17 - Married!

AOS:
11/16/17 - AOS packet mailed

11/18/17 - Delivered

11/22/17 - NOA1 text & e-mail

11/29/17 - Hard copies received

12/19/17 - Biometrics appointment
02/12/18 - EAD approval notice

02/16/18 - Received EAD card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.