adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, shakeyy said:

did your file ever update in the new  website?

In myuscis - nope, only on egov, and it updated to the Employment based interview.  I did get text message and email updates - the email looked most correct - it said “interview and testing scheduled”, the text message just let me know to check egov

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, papasmf said:

In myuscis - nope, only on egov, and it updated to the Employment based interview.  I did get text message and email updates - the email looked most correct - it said “interview and testing scheduled”, the text message just let me know to check egov

i see thanks for the info. Mine doesn't show on egov. hehe! my receipt #'s were always invalid. So my only option really is the new website which luckily shows 

10/26/2017: Priority Date - AOS

11/29/2017: Biometrics Appointment

12/21/2017: EAD/AP Approval in 56 Days

12/18/2018: Interview Day | Approved on the Spot

12/22/2018: Received Green Card (10 Years)

N-400 Application (Orlando)

09/20/2021 - Early Filing Online (3 year -married to US Citizen)

09/20/2021 - Received NOA & status changed to "Case being actively reviewed" & Biometric Reuse

03/31/2022 - Interview in West Palm Beach Fl

- Recommended for Approval & Oath Ceremony will be scheduled notice (My application includes request for name change)

06/16/2022 - Judicial Naturalization Ceremony 

Timeline

Can anyone here tell me about how long it took you to receive your green card after the interview (preferably from the NYC office and preferably K1 to AOS 2 year GC)?

my wife’s interview is June 6, she’s hoping to travel home for her sisters wedding in early July through mid august.  We do have EAD/AP combo card, the AP expires august 16, and her sisters wedding is aug 8, so I’d prefer her to go with the GC and not have to deal with an AP that’s about to expire within days after she returns.  If needed I’ll get a new AP

any thoughts suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, papasmf said:

Can anyone here tell me about how long it took you to receive your green card after the interview (preferably from the NYC office and preferably K1 to AOS 2 year GC)?

my wife’s interview is June 6, she’s hoping to travel home for her sisters wedding in early July through mid august.  We do have EAD/AP combo card, the AP expires august 16, and her sisters wedding is aug 8, so I’d prefer her to go with the GC and not have to deal with an AP that’s about to expire within days after she returns.  If needed I’ll get a new AP

any thoughts suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

We did our interview in the NYC office but adjusting from an F1. The green card was approved the day after the interview and took roughly about a week to come.  That is the norm but it’s definitely not a guaranteed timeline. 

AOS 2017 (I-130 & I-485 along with EAD/AP)

02-16-2017: Package sent.. the wait begins

02-18-2017: Package received (based on tracking)

03-01-2017: 4 Emails received with case numbers

03-06-2017: NOA's received (4 in total), priority date: 02/21/2017

03-08-2017: RFE received for missing name on Affidavit of Support

03-16-2017: RFE responded (we were away when the RFE was mailed)

03-21-2017: Biometrics appointment

03-22-2017: All cases online were updated online... wait really begins

EAD Drama

05-19-2017: EAD still not received.. put in request to expedite due to job offer

05-24-2017: USCIS emailed to wrong email apparently, faxed in additional details as requested

06-07-2017: EAD approved

06-09-2017: EAD card "mailed"

06-12-2017: EAD actually picked up by USPS based on tracking data (from Missouri)

06-13-2017: EAD delivered via Priority Mail (to NYC)

Interview (NYC Field Office)

12-28-2017: Received request for initial interview on 01/30/2018

01-30-2018: Interview at the NYC Field Office

01-30-2018: Online status changed to "New Card Is In Production"!! (349 days from when we mailed the package out)

02-02-2018: Online status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02-05-2018: USPS Tracking shows card is actually on the way (from KY)!!

ROC 2019 (I-751)

11-04-2019: Package sent.. the wait begins (86 days before expiration)

11-12-2019: Text message received with a EAC (Vermont) case number showing the packet was received on 11/6.. waiting for physical NOA.

09-04-2020: ROC Approved

09-20-2020: New card received (10 years!)

N400 2021 (I-751)

03-14-2021: Online application sent

01-04-2022: Interview Letter Received

01-27-2022: Interview, Approval, and Oath Ceremony. Certificate in hand!

Timeline

Thank you very much for the helpful reply @adityaag, and congrats on getting your GC!

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
On 4/28/2018 at 4:33 PM, MAYNYCFiler2017 said:

PD 4/28/17 today makes it one year Since AOS package was sent in no interview schedule yet for my case.

Yesterday I received the letter with the interview date for June 19  ..PD05/17/17

We had our interview today at New York City's Federal Palaza. About a year after we initially filed. We arrived at around 10:54 and had to race into thr building. Our appointment was 11:00. We barley made it, we were called as soon as we checked in. The immigration officer came in - a petite lady, very stoic. She appeared as if she was about to drill us. We walked to the back of her office and got sworn in. We did not have a lawyer with us. After, she seemed to be the nicest person ever and very friendly. However, our lawyer had informed us to not get complacement about friendliness. Her first question was what's the biggest personality  difference between my spouse and I. She asked about our future plans, we both responded that we wanted to further our education - she seemed pretty pleased with our responses. She then asked how we found our apartment. This is where we explained our situation. After, she asked why we decided to get married. She then took a look at pictures and asked us about it. She then said, where did we plan on spending our upcoming anniversary. She then took some documents for her file and gave us back the rest. That was pretty much it. She was very warm throughout the interview. It felt more like a conversation - we got in a few laughs as well. She then went through the standard yes and no questions and handed me a white paper letting me know that it is being held for review. I was kind of sad by this... Then she said it's standard procedure and everything is good for approval and I would be very happy because I was not going to get the conditional/temporary green card, and i would receive the permanent one in a few days. When we left she shook our hands and wished us the best with school and life. About 30-45 minutes later, I received a text stating that the green card was in orodictuon. My spouse and I were super nervous because we were living apart at the time of filing, however I believe she saw from the get go how comfortable we were with each other and the personal details we were able to describe to her that only a couple would know. All in All, we made a big fuss about everything and it lasted about 15 minutes and went extremely well. I would advise anyone to prepare for the worst and hope for the best! 

23 hours ago, nyhd92 said:

We had our interview today at New York City's Federal Palaza. About a year after we initially filed. We arrived at around 10:54 and had to race into thr building. Our appointment was 11:00. We barley made it, we were called as soon as we checked in. The immigration officer came in - a petite lady, very stoic. She appeared as if she was about to drill us. We walked to the back of her office and got sworn in. We did not have a lawyer with us. After, she seemed to be the nicest person ever and very friendly. However, our lawyer had informed us to not get complacement about friendliness. Her first question was what's the biggest personality  difference between my spouse and I. She asked about our future plans, we both responded that we wanted to further our education - she seemed pretty pleased with our responses. She then asked how we found our apartment. This is where we explained our situation. After, she asked why we decided to get married. She then took a look at pictures and asked us about it. She then said, where did we plan on spending our upcoming anniversary. She then took some documents for her file and gave us back the rest. That was pretty much it. She was very warm throughout the interview. It felt more like a conversation - we got in a few laughs as well. She then went through the standard yes and no questions and handed me a white paper letting me know that it is being held for review. I was kind of sad by this... Then she said it's standard procedure and everything is good for approval and I would be very happy because I was not going to get the conditional/temporary green card, and i would receive the permanent one in a few days. When we left she shook our hands and wished us the best with school and life. About 30-45 minutes later, I received a text stating that the green card was in orodictuon. My spouse and I were super nervous because we were living apart at the time of filing, however I believe she saw from the get go how comfortable we were with each other and the personal details we were able to describe to her that only a couple would know. All in All, we made a big fuss about everything and it lasted about 15 minutes and went extremely well. I would advise anyone to prepare for the worst and hope for the best! 

congratulations!!!! did you file the 130 and 485 together? what is your PD by the way. Thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello everyone, I applied for AOS (I-485) on September 25th 2017, and the current status of my application is: "We are scheduling your interview". It has been like this since December 2017. I was just wondering around how long this takes, or if any of you have experienced this, how long it took for them to schedule your interview.

Just a little more info about my case: I am 20 years old, applied as a child/ dependent since I am under 21. My mother is a US citizen and lives in NY. 

Edited by Nela Aluwihare
  • Arrived to USA on F-1 Student Visa on 08/16/2016
  • Submitted I-485 & I-130 on 09/25/2017
  • Approved Green Card (IR7 category) on 05/17/2019
  • Electronically submitted N-400 on 02/19/2024
  • Biometrics Reuse received on 02/19/2024
  • Interview Notice received on 04/21/2024 (interview scheduled for 06/10/2024 at Chicago FO)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nela Aluwihare said:
2 hours ago, Nela Aluwihare said:

Hello everyone, I applied for AOS (I-485) on September 25th 2017, and the current status of my application is: "We are scheduling your interview". It has been like this since December 2017. I was just wondering around how long this takes, or if any of you have experienced this, how long it took for them to schedule your interview.

Just a little more info about my case: I am 20 years old, applied as a child/ dependent since I am under 21. My mother is a US citizen and lives in NY. 

I applied for AOS via fiancé visa in May 2017. Sadly, I am still waiting for an interview notice :(... it's been over a year. Be patient- it'll come :) !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
10 hours ago, YAN Yan said:

yes, Thank you so much, I guess I have few month waits since I filed in August. Thank you again,

Hi Yan Yan,

My PD date is June 30th and still waiting for the interview. I will keep you updated as soon as I have any news.. But I believe we still have a few more months to wait... 

Have a lovely day everyone! 

On 5/26/2018 at 7:18 AM, shila75 said:

Hi Yan Yan,

My PD date is June 30th and still waiting for the interview. I will keep you updated as soon as I have any news.. But I believe we still have a few more months to wait... 

Hi Shila

Thank you so much for your update, yeah I am in August,I will definitely after you. hope you will get your interview soon,and mine too!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
On 5/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, YAN Yan said:

Hi Shila

Thank you so much for your update, yeah I am in August,I will definitely after you. hope you will get your interview soon,and mine too!!!!

Just a quick update.... Today I called our lawyers as we wanted to know for how long we still have to wait for the interview . 

The lawyer said that he can't understand, but lately USCIS calling for interview people who filed in 2018 instead of processing the older cases.... like ours 2017 filers..... urgggghh How can that be possible??? It is just not right! We all have been here for so long waiting! 

Let's hope that they will take us 2017 filers in consideration as well very soon!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.