adityaag

New York City AOS 2017 Filers

406 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife and I just were traveling for the holidays and received a notification from USPS that we had mail from USCIS waiting for us at home (got that on 12/27).  We just got home today and found our interview notice scheduled for 1/30/2018!

For those not following, our priority date is 2/21/2017 which is roughly 310 days between notices and 340 days to the interview.

For anyone with experience with this.. my wife's medical is dates 2/01/2017 which will be just short of a full year on our interview day.  Should we bite the bullet and pay for a new medical to bring with us?

AOS 2017 (I-130 & I-485 along with EAD/AP)

02-16-2017: Package sent.. the wait begins

02-18-2017: Package received (based on tracking)

03-01-2017: 4 Emails received with case numbers

03-06-2017: NOA's received (4 in total), priority date: 02/21/2017

03-08-2017: RFE received for missing name on Affidavit of Support

03-16-2017: RFE responded (we were away when the RFE was mailed)

03-21-2017: Biometrics appointment

03-22-2017: All cases online were updated online... wait really begins

EAD Drama

05-19-2017: EAD still not received.. put in request to expedite due to job offer

05-24-2017: USCIS emailed to wrong email apparently, faxed in additional details as requested

06-07-2017: EAD approved

06-09-2017: EAD card "mailed"

06-12-2017: EAD actually picked up by USPS based on tracking data (from Missouri)

06-13-2017: EAD delivered via Priority Mail (to NYC)

Interview (NYC Field Office)

12-28-2017: Received request for initial interview on 01/30/2018

01-30-2018: Interview at the NYC Field Office

01-30-2018: Online status changed to "New Card Is In Production"!! (349 days from when we mailed the package out)

02-02-2018: Online status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02-05-2018: USPS Tracking shows card is actually on the way (from KY)!!

ROC 2019 (I-751)

11-04-2019: Package sent.. the wait begins (86 days before expiration)

11-12-2019: Text message received with a EAC (Vermont) case number showing the packet was received on 11/6.. waiting for physical NOA.

09-04-2020: ROC Approved

09-20-2020: New card received (10 years!)

N400 2021 (I-751)

03-14-2021: Online application sent

01-04-2022: Interview Letter Received

01-27-2022: Interview, Approval, and Oath Ceremony. Certificate in hand!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

You guys are lucky, my case is ended up in Queens, NY. And their processing now June 2016 in the Queens field office , instead New York, NY processing time is January 2017 filers. So good luck!!!! I am way behind here... I filed in July 2017 so you can imagine when will I be scheduled for the interview. I don't even wanna think about it. Let us know how it goes!!! In the meantime Good Luck with the interview!!!!  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, shila75 said:

You guys are lucky, my case is ended up in Queens, NY. And their processing now June 2016 in the Queens field office , instead New York, NY processing time is January 2017 filers. So good luck!!!! I am way behind here... I filed in July 2017 so you can imagine when will I be scheduled for the interview. I don't even wanna think about it. Let us know how it goes!!! In the meantime Good Luck with the interview!!!!  

hey how did you find out which office is processing your case

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline
6 hours ago, agnsd said:

hey how did you find out which office is processing your case

Our lawyer find out. We filed through the Immigration Advocacy Services in Astoria.

Way cheaper then any other immigration lawyer just to make sure we don't make mistakes filling out the forms... As I read in the threads there were a lot of people that had to re send the form several times because they had little mistakes here and there in the forms... 

Of course they don't know the waiting time as the USCIS since 2016 had 4 times more applications to taking care of. I don't even know how long max. they can take for a case. (I mean the USCIS) Can they take more then a year? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 02/01/2018 at 9:24 AM, shila75 said:

Our lawyer find out. We filed through the Immigration Advocacy Services in Astoria.

Way cheaper then any other immigration lawyer just to make sure we don't make mistakes filling out the forms... As I read in the threads there were a lot of people that had to re send the form several times because they had little mistakes here and there in the forms... 

Of course they don't know the waiting time as the USCIS since 2016 had 4 times more applications to taking care of. I don't even know how long max. they can take for a case. (I mean the USCIS) Can they take more then a year? 

I have no idea I had to wait 5 months for my ead ap card combo when other waited only 3 so you never know until it happens to you

Filed: Timeline

i'd also like to point out.. my status online has never changed nor did i get any notifications about my cases even though i have received a letter saying with my interview date.  i'm not complaining but just make sure you're keeping an eye out in your mailbox.  i've signed up for the USPS notifications for incoming mail and that's helped twice now for knowing that we've got mail in from USCIS that the case status never showed online.

AOS 2017 (I-130 & I-485 along with EAD/AP)

02-16-2017: Package sent.. the wait begins

02-18-2017: Package received (based on tracking)

03-01-2017: 4 Emails received with case numbers

03-06-2017: NOA's received (4 in total), priority date: 02/21/2017

03-08-2017: RFE received for missing name on Affidavit of Support

03-16-2017: RFE responded (we were away when the RFE was mailed)

03-21-2017: Biometrics appointment

03-22-2017: All cases online were updated online... wait really begins

EAD Drama

05-19-2017: EAD still not received.. put in request to expedite due to job offer

05-24-2017: USCIS emailed to wrong email apparently, faxed in additional details as requested

06-07-2017: EAD approved

06-09-2017: EAD card "mailed"

06-12-2017: EAD actually picked up by USPS based on tracking data (from Missouri)

06-13-2017: EAD delivered via Priority Mail (to NYC)

Interview (NYC Field Office)

12-28-2017: Received request for initial interview on 01/30/2018

01-30-2018: Interview at the NYC Field Office

01-30-2018: Online status changed to "New Card Is In Production"!! (349 days from when we mailed the package out)

02-02-2018: Online status changed to "Card Was Mailed to Me"

02-05-2018: USPS Tracking shows card is actually on the way (from KY)!!

ROC 2019 (I-751)

11-04-2019: Package sent.. the wait begins (86 days before expiration)

11-12-2019: Text message received with a EAC (Vermont) case number showing the packet was received on 11/6.. waiting for physical NOA.

09-04-2020: ROC Approved

09-20-2020: New card received (10 years!)

N400 2021 (I-751)

03-14-2021: Online application sent

01-04-2022: Interview Letter Received

01-27-2022: Interview, Approval, and Oath Ceremony. Certificate in hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi this is my first post on this thread.  

- My wife is K1 to AOS from Philippines

- we filed May 2, NOA1 May 9 (may 3 for EAD/AP)

- biometrics June 1

- Received combo card in September 

- aos is still on Fingerprint Fee Received

- submitted inquiry / SR Nov 9 on AOS (6 months in), SR hasn’t been assigned yet (estimated reply would’ve been dec 9)

no rfe, just stuck on fingerprint fee received for 8 months as of tomorrow 

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Husband sent in his medical it was delivered yesterday. Just waiting on a notice that they have received it. Probably won't hear anything from them until the next 30 days or so. But hopefully it will show that the evidence was received soon. #blessings 

Timeline
On 1/3/2018 at 3:16 PM, adityaag said:

i'd also like to point out.. my status online has never changed nor did i get any notifications about my cases even though i have received a letter saying with my interview date.  i'm not complaining but just make sure you're keeping an eye out in your mailbox.  i've signed up for the USPS notifications for incoming mail and that's helped twice now for knowing that we've got mail in from USCIS that the case status never showed online.

Glad to see you guys finally got your interview date.

Timeline
On 1/1/2018 at 10:09 PM, adityaag said:

My wife and I just were traveling for the holidays and received a notification from USPS that we had mail from USCIS waiting for us at home (got that on 12/27).  We just got home today and found our interview notice scheduled for 1/30/2018!

For those not following, our priority date is 2/21/2017 which is roughly 310 days between notices and 340 days to the interview.

For anyone with experience with this.. my wife's medical is dates 2/01/2017 which will be just short of a full year on our interview day.  Should we bite the bullet and pay for a new medical to bring with us?

Yes absolutely. If the medical from i-693 is dated for 2015. They consider that an old application and they won't use it. Get the new form on there website 2017 version and get your updated medical done so it won't delay your approval. We got the RFE for a new medical and our interview was last month. His medical would have expired next month... I replied to this post late but hopefully u choose to do the right thing.

Timeline

Omg guys I would like to share the great news I'm in serious tears of joy right now. Just got notice online that my husband green card was approved. I didn't get any notice that the 1-130 was approved maybe it will come later on but from what I have researched the the 1-485 can't get approved unless the 1-130 was approved in the first place. Thanking  the universe n the cosmos right now. Genuine Blessings to every one.  

Edited by Ontarkie
Removed attachment do to personal information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khepri said:

Omg guys I would like to share the great news I'm in serious tears of joy right now. Just got notice online that my husband green card was approved. I didn't get any notice that the 1-130 was approved maybe it will come later on but from what I have researched the the 1-485 can't get approved unless the 1-130 was approved in the first place. Thanking  the universe n the cosmos right now. Genuine Blessings to every one.  

this is great news, congratulations!:dance:

i haven't followed much this thread but did you ever get any notification about them receiving your RiFE? i ve replied on the 15 th of December with my copy of the birth certificate( however submitted with the initial application) and haven't heard anything since then. 

Edited by Ontarkie
edited quote to remove personal information

Timeline
1 hour ago, piranda said:

this is great news, congratulations!:dance:

i haven't followed much this thread but did you ever get any notification about them receiving your RiFE? i ve replied on the 15 th of December with my copy of the birth certificate( however submitted with the initial application) and haven't heard anything since then. 

Thank you!! 😁😁😁😊They received our new medical on the 23rd of January. Didn't get any update from them until now. Saying that our case was approved am in Pittsburgh so the  processing time is alot faster here. I moved from NYC to here back in October.   

Edited by Khepri

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.