Devy and Lynette

Traveling to Jamaica with a green card

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sooo my hubby and I want to go to Jamaica in April or May 2017, he is a 2 year green card holder, we are about to do ROC, his green card expires in October, if we fly out from Baltimore, is my boo going to be  able to get back in the States, we are so upset over all this mess going on that we are thinking about canceling, because if I go to a Customs officer that didn't have his coffee that morning..Then What?  What you guys think Stay home or go to my husband's country for a week of bliss!!!  Any advice would really be appreciated.  I don't like this bologna face Trump person!!

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

Sooo my hubby and I want to go to Jamaica in April or May 2017, he is a 2 year green card holder, we are about to do ROC, his green card expires in October, if we fly out from Baltimore, is my boo going to be  able to get back in the States, we are so upset over all this mess going on that we are thinking about canceling, because if I go to a Customs officer that didn't have his coffee that morning..Then What?  What you guys think Stay home or go to my husband's country for a week of bliss!!!  Any advice would really be appreciated.  I don't like this bologna face Trump person!!

The EO doesn't affect Jamaica. There is absolutely no reason for you to worry..and ...there is also no reason for you to make comments about OUR President...

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

32 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

Have you actually bothered to do any research? Read the EO?  Do you understand what countries are on the list? Do you understand that Jamaica isn't one of those? Whether the CO has coffee in the morning or not as no  bearing on your 'boo" is admitted or not. And you know what else? You don't have to like Trump, but he is your President.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

1 minute ago, Devy and Lynette said:

GREAT Thanks for your advice...on another note, I can absolutely make all the comments that I want about bologna face!!!  Thank you have a great day!!

i don't like hes bologna face either. i think your boo should fine going home for week. and it is completely normal for you be scare you never what this monster of president that we have will do next.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, yaya2004 said:

i don't like hes bologna face either. i think your boo should fine going home for week. and it is completely normal for you be scare you never what this monster of president that we have will do next.

Yaya, thank you for your wonderful comment, it's something new with him everyday, who knew asking for advice would bring such harsh comments!!!

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

4 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

Lady or man, please don't respond to me if you think I'm an idiot, I could sooo have done without your comments!!  By the way, I have done a lot of research, and no I didn't see Jamaica on the list, but I've been hearing some issues with green card holders period!!!  And I was merely asking for one's opinion...You seem sooo angry, go have drink or something..GEESH

A two second search on VJ would have showed you there are no issues. Any issues with GC holders were on the initial implementation, and cleared very early on. How about you do your own research, and educate yourself, instead of jumping online and asking yet another " I am from *wherever* and I've heard a rumor there are problems with *whatever* question. There are a couple of pinned threads in regard to this EO.

And I'll post where I please, thank you. 

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Devy and Lynette said:

GREAT Thanks for your advice...on another note, I can absolutely make all the comments that I want about bologna face!!!  Thank you have a great day!!

and on another note.......I'm placing you on "ignore"....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Please update your "Filed For" status on your profile so that your posts go to the correct forum.  

You can make whatever statements you want within TOS guidelines. It's your post.  Missleman did you a favor!  So, tired of the BS.

Anyway, I completely understand just how you feel.  My husband is on One Link and all day yesterday he kept sending me news reports from JA, comments from JA lawyers, and others telling him all kinds of visa revocation stories and JA immigrants being yanked off planes.  I read the EO.  It says that trump (and Bannon lol) can add any country they see fit (code words used were "present security risk to country") to the list of banned countries.  Now that is visa holders, supposedly.  We all know how that turned out for some.  I believe now that with the lawsuits the WH has taken a step back away from LPRs and the EO is now being interpreted as just visa holders.  But it is scary, very scary.  And anyone who cannot empathize with that can........

It took my husband 2 YEARS to get here.  We went through alot.  We are supposed to go back to JA in November.  He doesn't want to go now.  He is very worried. I am concerned. There is video of all kinds of people saying this would never happen and here we are.  I firmly believe this is just the beginning.  trump would love to include more than just Muslims in this ban.  

We shall see how things go.  

I would say if your husband has a greencard he should be fine.  I read the USCIS answer to "are CBP agent's forcing people to sign I-407 record of abandonment:.  Their answer wasn't all that reassuring.  Show your husband the form.  Make sure if they detain him that he does not sign anything and asks for a lawyer.  Keep all your immigration ducks in a row.  He should be ok.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welp here you go.  Adding more countries may already be in the works.

"Hammond Law Group LLC has learned that a draft of an Executive Order modifying President Trump's January 25, 2017 Executive Order, Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States, is currently being circulated for review," the firm said on Wednesday, February 1.

"This Executive Order, if signed, may add the following countries to the travel ban implemented on January 25th: Egypt, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Colombia, Venezuela, southern Philippines, trans-Sahara (Mali), and Sulu/Sulawesi Seas Littoral. We believe the new Executive Order may be published within the next two weeks," the law firm said.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Multiple post removed for personal attacks. You may not like what members are telling you but that does not give you the right to attack them. This thread is to remain locked and not to be restarted or referred back to.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.