AnIJrny

I-130 January 2017 Filers

2,344 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Liz92 said:

Hi Nebraskans,

I just received an email that a Request for Evidence was sent to me today. My PD date is Jan 11 so I guess if your PD is in January, the good news is they are working on it. I am anxious to get it and see what they need and how much longer this will delay the whole process. I'm in Australia so the letter will probably take a while getting here as well. I thought I was pretty thorough and my husband and I have been married for 5 years and together for 12+ years maybe even longer. Just wanted to let everyone know. I'll keep you posted on what kind of things they ask for when I receive it. Sigh 😔

So sorry you got an RFE, hopefully it's not a big deal. I've seen some members here with RFE and they got approved within a month after they sent their RFE to USCIS. So don't worry much about it, see it as a positive thing, which means that they have looked at your application and it will be approved once you submit the evidence they are asking for.

I noticed quite a lot of RFEs in the last few days from the Nebraska Jan cases I am tracking on Case Tracker app and no approvals whatsoever. Does it mean that they are only updating cases with RFEs and waiting for God-knows-what before updating the cases approved or maybe they are just prioritizing their notice of action letters for the folks with RFE before approved cases???? The process is just not making any sense.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

@Binna Binna There was a January 11th case approved on the 27th September posted on the previous page on this forum. :) So, some hope for us; but yes, I agree, all of this makes no sense. :D I had assumed we would be closing in on the interview by this point when we posted the application in January.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, manseca said:

@Binna Binna There was a January 11th case approved on the 27th September posted on the previous page on this forum. :) So, some hope for us; but yes, I agree, all of this makes no sense. :D I had assumed we would be closing in on the interview by this point when we posted the application in January.

Yeah I saw that approval for a Jan 11 case and some other Jan cases that's been approved. But imagine when you are tracking 500 something random cases ranging between Jan 17 to Jan 27 (cases close to mine) and since last Thursday to yesterday all you see are RFEs (roughly 15 to 20). It just doesn't make sense, unless they are being human and considered that they should quickly contact petitioners with RFEs first before contacting the ones that have been approved (since it looks like its another huge job to prepare the letters and mail them) and subsequently updating their cases in the systems so as to see the status on USCIS website.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

5 hours ago, Liz92 said:

Hi Nebraskans,

I just received an email that a Request for Evidence was sent to me today. My PD date is Jan 11 so I guess if your PD is in January, the good news is they are working on it. I am anxious to get it and see what they need and how much longer this will delay the whole process. I'm in Australia so the letter will probably take a while getting here as well. I thought I was pretty thorough and my husband and I have been married for 5 years and together for 12+ years maybe even longer. Just wanted to let everyone know. I'll keep you posted on what kind of things they ask for when I receive it. Sigh 😔

Ugh I'm sorry! that's crazy. You'd think nothing screams bona fide like that amount of time. I'm almost certain it was a document you already sent and they lost. Ridiculous. 

Thank you for letting us know, I hope the RFE is resolved fast. Are you guys both in Australia? because at least you get to endure the process together and that's a good thing :) 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

On 1/23/2017 at 8:31 AM, blakeanddan said:

Hello all!

We submitted our I-130 12/27/16

We got out NOA1 via text 1/11/17 with a priority date of 1/3/17

Our application got sent of to the Nebraska Service Center, which annoys me because it appears as they are one of the slower ones lol.

We don't expect to get our NOA2 till about the middle of July.

Hoping it gets approved sooner! Does anyone else have quicker processing times by estimation?

Hey have you gotten approved yet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Jacky U. said:

Hey have you gotten approved yet?

Hey Jacky,

Unfortunately we haven’t heard anything. It’s actually a little sad seeing that post being hopeful for the middle of July and now it’s October and still haven’t heard anything. 

8 minutes ago, blakeanddan said:

Hey Jacky,

Unfortunately we haven’t heard anything. It’s actually a little sad seeing that post being hopeful for the middle of July and now it’s October and still haven’t heard anything. 

Wow im so sorry 😔 Idk whats wrong with Nebraska I filed March but wanted to know if January filers had been approved to kind of get an idea of where they are 💔 Others centers are on April. Im sure you will hear something very soon 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, so my case was received on Jan 17, 2017 at the California service center, and has been active for 260 days, there is currently no information regarding the processing time for my type of case ( U.S citizen filing for a spouse) at the csc web page. Anybody else going through this?

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

Ugh I'm sorry! that's crazy. You'd think nothing screams bona fide like that amount of time. I'm almost certain it was a document you already sent and they lost. Ridiculous. 

Thank you for letting us know, I hope the RFE is resolved fast. Are you guys both in Australia? because at least you get to endure the process together and that's a good thing :) 

Hi @Dianalorena . We live together so it's definitely a lot easier than a lot of couples here and I know that in that regard, I'm very lucky. We did long distance for 3 years at some point so i understand how horrible it is to be apart. My dad hasn't been well and I've flown back to the U.S. twice in 5 months. I just want to get back and help him. But yes all of our lives are pending. 

Im soooo glad there's some movement in Nebraska for Jan filers now!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all ❤️ positive vibes!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife had her interview this morning and her Visa was approved.  Feeling very fortunate.  If you are lucky enough to attend a consulate that uses CEAC processing it will speed the NVC phase up exponentially.  Good luck to everyone and I hope for approvals for everyone as fast as possible.  

5 minutes ago, agb1223 said:

My wife had her interview this morning and her Visa was approved.  Feeling very fortunate.  If you are lucky enough to attend a consulate that uses CEAC processing it will speed the NVC phase up exponentially.  Good luck to everyone and I hope for approvals for everyone as fast as possible.  

Awesome news!! Congratulations!! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, caiobastos said:

Hey guys, so my case was received on Jan 17, 2017 at the California service center, and has been active for 260 days, there is currently no information regarding the processing time for my type of case ( U.S citizen filing for a spouse) at the csc web page. Anybody else going through this?

You should call the center to find out what happened to your case as you no longet see your category listed under it. They may have transfered your case to another center.

6 hours ago, LaurenAndBrent said:

Im soooo glad there's some movement in Nebraska for Jan filers now!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you all ❤️ positive vibes!! 

Thank you for the positive vibes

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

I received an RFE notification 16 days before but haven't receive the physical letter yet. Anyone knows how long it takes ? Anyone has or is currently in this situation ? Mine is California. Thanks !

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello guys, here is my story..in need of some advice. My dad filled i-130 on april 18th. I got an rfe on 27th September asking for evidence of Father-child. Here is the situation. My dad never married my mum, he married someone else but he has been supportive financially.. Paid for all my tution fee all the way up to campus. Something else is, his name was never included in my birth cert. Infact.. My mum raised me by herself so.. No one else's name was written as my father. I need massive ideas how we can handle this. I'd really appreciate all your contributions coz I so much want an approval on my i-130.

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.