arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

What a useless update from Nebraska.

I was excited because they were finally approving some February filers, but apparently, they reverted to being their usual, useless selves.

I'll be hitting 9 months in a week. Some people have been waiting for 11 or longer, an according to USCIS  ''it takes 12 months for approval'' 

Right. Other centers take 6-7 months, but because they can't divide their workload, or they just don't care, we wait a year. Seems super fair. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

On 10/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, Alexis9294 said:

Hi everyone. I know I'm not very active on these forums but I follow them all the time. I love seeing how everyone comes together to support one another as we are all stuck in Nebraska. I'm so glad that we all have somewhere where we can share our stories and frustrations. 

We are currently at 310 days of waiting (PD 12/6) and I've just realized that 4 cases before and after ours have already been approved and sent to DoS. And all the recent Jan approvals just make you realize that there really is no method to this madness and this process is far from fair. 

Maybe it is true that those of us who filed 1-129F (K3) along with our I-130 are being delayed. What's funny is that most of us who filed the K3 did so on the advice of our lawyers. I paid my lawyer nearly $1000 to file the I-129F, just to find out that it will be terminated and is likely slowing down our case. When we first started this process, our lawyer told us that the I-130 process would take 3-6 months but the K3 would be approved sooner and allow my husband to come home and wait out the process. What a joke that is. I honestly wish we never hired a lawyer at this point. All she's done is charge us thousands of dollars for false hope and incorrect advice. From what I've seen in the forums, most of you who went through a lawyer feel the same way. Not to mention, whenever we contact our lawyer it's as if we are a burden to her and do nothing but bother her. 

What's really sad is that a lot of us were waiting for last months processing update with hopes that we would find that they are finally working within range of our PDs and that we would be able to file an inquiry. Now the next update is just a few days away and it still feels like we haven't gotten any closer. I've been keeping busy lately but the fact that we are past 10 months of waiting is always in the back of my mind. I'm happy for the Jan filers who have been approved recently, but seriously? Why is Nebraska skipping past all of us Nov/Dec filers and approving Jan already? I keep telling my husband that, at this point, I wouldn't even be upset if we got an RFE. At least it would mean that someone has actually touched our case and from what I've seen, people who get an RFE get an approval soon after USCIS receives their additional evidence.

It's sad that there is absolutely nothing we can do. Contacting USCIS is useless; if anything it just frustrates me even more. Our lawyer filed an inquiry but I'm sure we will get the generic "we are performing background checks" or something along those lines. So all we can do is wait and hope that October is our month. I've been saying for months that it's so hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel and the longer we wait, the worse it gets. I can't imagine how all of you, that have been waiting longer than we have, feel. I honestly hope you all get your approvals before we get ours. It's only fair that those who filed before us are approved first. 

Our pd is Jan 12 and still havnt heard any news yet. Seems like the later January filers are getting approved and in not sure why?

As for lawyers, our lawyer ignored our phone calls for a month and half :/ he's pretty useless too.

1 hour ago, Dianalorena said:

I was excited because they were finally approving some February filers, but apparently, they reverted to being their usual, useless selves.

I'll be hitting 9 months in a week. Some people have been waiting for 11 or longer, an according to USCIS  ''it takes 12 months for approval'' 

Right. Other centers take 6-7 months, but because they can't divide their workload, or they just don't care, we wait a year. Seems super fair. 

About 10 months for me. :( filed jan 12. Heard nothing back yet 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Curio said:

Our pd is Jan 12 and still havnt heard any news yet. Seems like the later January filers are getting approved and in not sure why?

As for lawyers, our lawyer ignored our phone calls for a month and half :/ he's pretty useless too.

It’s wait and wait... ☹️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
5 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

I think Nebraska center needs to be exposed publicly. I'm talking about channel 7 and 10 news. I think we need to get HELP ME HOWARD involved in all. Lol. But seriously, that's the only way they will speed things up and share their work load

Edited by hannac

Timeline
48 minutes ago, hannac said:

I think Nebraska center needs to be exposed publicly. I'm talking about channel 7 and 10 news. I think we need to get HELP ME HOWARD involved in all. Lol. But seriously, that's the only way they will speed things up and share their work load

I agree.. Something out here has to help because all our lives are tormented by this horrible process. Nebraska is the worst service Center in history

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Greetings everyone! I was visiting the US for the past week and a half so I was checking out how you were all doing. But hadn't commented in a while. I have a good news/no news situation.

When my plane landed in Canada my phone went absolutely bonkers and learned my son's i130 got approved. NOA1 date of Feb 6, NOA2 Oct 21. The online update took 9 days from the date written on the notice. I picked up the actual NOA2 from the post office today. The manager who has been following my case at the Post Office was jumping up and down for me. But.... I am still waiting for MY i130 to go through. This goes to show Nebraska is a bloody mess. How the heck can my son's application get approved and I am still waiting weeks later? I sent both applications at the exact same time in the exact same envelope.

So my son's IR2 application was supposedly approved on a Saturday (according to the NOA2)? I did call USCIS Tier 1 and ask during my trip in the US whether his application was approved. They said IT WAS NOT when it actually was. This goes to show if you do not talk to Tier 2 you are pretty much wasting your time.

I sent an email to the Nebraska office to follow up asking what do we do? My son's IR2 is on the way to NVC. Do we go through the NVC process separately? Does this mean separate Consulate interviews in Montreal? What the heck is going on?

The auto reply said you have to generate a service request ticket before they will respond. Well we aren't out of normal processing times because I tried that one. So who knows whether they will action my email. I am not sure how long NVC will hang on to my son's petition without being actioned. So here we go with US immigration where nothing at all makes sense.

Everyone I talk to is like US immigration should be embarrassed by how disorganized they are. My case is at 268 days. It took about the same time to update the website as it did to receive the letter (9 days).

I am very excited that my son's petition went through don't get me wrong. It means they have my petition and I did the paperwork accordingly. I just did not think they would be processing my petition weeks apart from my son's. It goes to show they do things their own way. Eeny meeny miney moe. I guess my son is the eeny meeny and I am the miney moe.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Greetings everyone! I was visiting the US for the past week and a half so I was checking out how you were all doing. But hadn't commented in a while. I have a good news/no news situation.

When my plane landed in Canada my phone went absolutely bonkers and learned my son's i130 got approved. NOA1 date of Feb 6, NOA2 Oct 21. The online update took 9 days from the date written on the notice. I picked up the actual NOA2 from the post office today. The manager who has been following my case at the Post Office was jumping up and down for me. But.... I am still waiting for MY i130 to go through. This goes to show Nebraska is a bloody mess. How the heck can my son's application get approved and I am still waiting weeks later? I sent both applications at the exact same time in the exact same envelope.

So my son's IR2 application was supposedly approved on a Saturday (according to the NOA2)? I did call USCIS Tier 1 and ask during my trip in the US whether his application was approved. They said IT WAS NOT when it actually was. This goes to show if you do not talk to Tier 2 you are pretty much wasting your time.

I sent an email to the Nebraska office to follow up asking what do we do? My son's IR2 is on the way to NVC. Do we go through the NVC process separately? Does this mean separate Consulate interviews in Montreal? What the heck is going on?

The auto reply said you have to generate a service request ticket before they will respond. Well we aren't out of normal processing times because I tried that one. So who knows whether they will action my email. I am not sure how long NVC will hang on to my son's petition without being actioned. So here we go with US immigration where nothing at all makes sense.

Everyone I talk to is like US immigration should be embarrassed by how disorganized they are. My case is at 268 days. It took about the same time to update the website as it did to receive the letter (9 days).

I am very excited that my son's petition went through don't get me wrong. It means they have my petition and I did the paperwork accordingly. I just did not think they would be processing my petition weeks apart from my son's. It goes to show they do things their own way. Eeny meeny miney moe. I guess my son is the eeny meeny and I am the miney moe.

How was crossing the border? My husband will be doing it Saturday morning. First time we've seen each other in five months, barring any issues at the POE.

Glad to hear at least part of your application has gone through. That's a good sign! I'm at day 160......

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Vincent & Alejo said:

How was crossing the border? My husband will be doing it Saturday morning. First time we've seen each other in five months, barring any issues at the POE.

Glad to hear at least part of your application has gone through. That's a good sign! I'm at day 160......

It was my third trip across and the least eventful. As I get flagged every time I cross I have to report to secondary. They have all my work/College info and previous ties. They were more interested in knowing where I was in this process. They were pretty surprised after almost 9 months I was still waiting for the i130. I went on a Nebraska rant and they laughed saying I am sure they wouldn't appreciate me saying they are the slowest service center. I said it's just frustrating being apart from my spouse.

I am glad that part of my application has gone through and it didn't get lost. After a while you start to wonder if they still have it. They are all over the place with dates. I track cases through my phone and I have seen cases get approved from Dec 2016 all the way through to Apr 3, 2017. My son's application I will say would be very easy. My spouse is a USC which allows my son to claim Citizenship through the IR2 process. I guess I assumed with being married almost 10 years they wouldn't check my case too closely but perhaps I was wrong. It at least went to a different pile which is taking longer.

I am sure your husband will cross without issue. The general attitude I found this last time was people were not uptight. It wasn't busy at all. In fact I was in and out within 10 minutes. They did say my binder was very impressive and wanted to show to other people if they could. Just make sure you bring as much info as possible and your spouse will likely not have an issue. They just want to make sure you are following the process legally.

It's a long wait and I had no idea just how frustrating this whole thing would be.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, acidrain said:

It was my third trip across and the least eventful. As I get flagged every time I cross I have to report to secondary. They have all my work/College info and previous ties. They were more interested in knowing where I was in this process. They were pretty surprised after almost 9 months I was still waiting for the i130. I went on a Nebraska rant and they laughed saying I am sure they wouldn't appreciate me saying they are the slowest service center. I said it's just frustrating being apart from my spouse.

I am glad that part of my application has gone through and it didn't get lost. After a while you start to wonder if they still have it. They are all over the place with dates. I track cases through my phone and I have seen cases get approved from Dec 2016 all the way through to Apr 3, 2017. My son's application I will say would be very easy. My spouse is a USC which allows my son to claim Citizenship through the IR2 process. I guess I assumed with being married almost 10 years they wouldn't check my case too closely but perhaps I was wrong. It at least went to a different pile which is taking longer.

I am sure your husband will cross without issue. The general attitude I found this last time was people were not uptight. It wasn't busy at all. In fact I was in and out within 10 minutes. They did say my binder was very impressive and wanted to show to other people if they could. Just make sure you bring as much info as possible and your spouse will likely not have an issue. They just want to make sure you are following the process legally.

It's a long wait and I had no idea just how frustrating this whole thing would be.

Congrats acidrain on your sons approval and glad you made it to see Your husband but I knew you would... As for me, still waiting at over 337 days now. 

Called and got the song n dance story that approvals take 1 yr now... Yeah right.. Think Nebraska is preduice and slower then s...

Edited by Sundee
Word

Almost at the 9-month mark. Every time I feel like Nebraska is going forward, they prove me wrong.

I expected them to regain some speed after clearing the November backlog, but yeah no, wishful thinking. 

I need to take my mind off of things and thankfully I have enough going on the next couple of months. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

Almost at the 9-month mark. Every time I feel like Nebraska is going forward, they prove me wrong.

I expected them to regain some speed after clearing the November backlog, but yeah no, wishful thinking. 

I need to take my mind off of things and thankfully I have enough going on the next couple of months. 

I’m a child of a USC therefore I’m IR2. My Pd date is March 6. I’m 21 years old now but my i130 form was submitted before I was 21 so I can’t age out. this waiting thing is taking a toll on me because I’m about to finish university this school year. I was hoping that I’d be able to persue a masters program in the US by next year September but the way how Nebraska is going I don’t even know if I’ll be ready to migrate by next year summer to be very honest!! I’m tired of this 

1 minute ago, Rastaman21 said:

I’m a child of a USC therefore I’m IR2. My Pd date is March 6. I’m 21 years old now but my i130 form was submitted before I was 21 so I can’t age out. this waiting thing is taking a toll on me because I’m about to finish university this school year. I was hoping that I’d be able to persue a masters program in the US by next year September but the way how Nebraska is going I don’t even know if I’ll be ready to migrate by next year summer to be very honest!! I’m tired of this 

So it doesn't matter that it hasn't been approved before you turned 21? I didn't know that.

We can't plan a damn thing in this process and the living in limbo is emotionally, physically, mentally and financially taxing.  :( Now I'm just hoping I make it before next summer, but l'm doubting that will be the case. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Dianalorena said:

So it doesn't matter that it hasn't been approved before you turned 21? I didn't know that.

We can't plan a damn thing in this process and the living in limbo is emotionally, physically, mentally and financially taxing.  :( Now I'm just hoping I make it before next summer, but l'm doubting that will be the case. 

I’m protected by the CSPA. My age freezes on the date my i130 was submitted and he’s a US citizen. As long as my i130 form was submitted before my 21st birthday I’ll be classified as an immediate relative and won’t have to wait for years. If I’m correct I won’t get approved until January or February. Then NVC will probably take another 4 months. Let’s hope that’s the case 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.