Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,589 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey all! 

Joining you guys on this journey! Just got the email this afternoon that they received my application and is being sent to CSC, with the NOA coming within a week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hej , great that you started, but don't expect anything done for many months to come .Sorry for bad news .Things are extremely slow .Aplications are 5 months behind schedule.   

Timeline
On 1/25/2017 at 3:07 PM, Dysphobiah said:

I had the mail from the delivery service that our package was received today ! Yay ! :D

We sent it on 01/23 and it arrived today, on 01/25.

I hope the NOA1 will arrive soon ! :D

Yes it will your check was in there , thats all thay do just deposit those and put you on five months waiting list , sorry for bed news .

17 minutes ago, Art786 said:

Hej , great that you started, but don't expect anything done for many months to come .Sorry for bad news .Things are extremely slow .Aplications are 5 months behind schedule.   

So does this mean January filers can expect process to take 10 months?

Timeline
1 minute ago, alexo said:

So does this mean January filers can expect process to take 10 months?

Hope not, but it will be very long wait, I'm from middle of November and for past two months not much going on, some people getting excited seeing few files getting done, but generally everything stands still.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Joining the party of January 2017 fillers. We've sent I-129F on January 9th and we got Noa1 on January 19th.

I thought i was the only one who feel nervous but excited at the same time. Now i know that we are all feel the same. 

Waiting for Noa2 now. Hopefully we will get Noa2 soon in February or early March.

Haha i wish ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
10 hours ago, Art786 said:

Hope not, but it will be very long wait, I'm from middle of November and for past two months not much going on, some people getting excited seeing few files getting done, but generally everything stands still.  

Hey Art, 

yes it's going slow atm, but we all still hope that it won't take too long. Expected time for NOA 2 is 3-5 months and we all know about that.

Atm petitions from end of October and early November are being processed, so I don't know why telling here that they are 5 months behind processing.

We all try to cheer up each other and keep the hope of getting NOA 2 at least within the normal time frame. (And yes I know that that there were a bunch more filings in November and December because of increased fees end of December)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AkesAngel said:

Hey Art, 

yes it's going slow atm, but we all still hope that it won't take too long. Expected time for NOA 2 is 3-5 months and we all know about that.

Atm petitions from end of October and early November are being processed, so I don't know why telling here that they are 5 months behind processing.

We all try to cheer up each other and keep the hope of getting NOA 2 at least within the normal time frame. (And yes I know that that there were a bunch more filings in November and December because of increased fees end of December)

Hi, yes 3-5 months seems about right. but I would have my expectation closer to number 5+ just for them to look at your application. It took them to process, not done yet, last 3 days of October, over two months. new applications are coming with 2-3 hundred a day, and about 60-70 if lucky getting processed a day some days none. It dos not look good ad all. Frustrating part is, before November processing was taking on average 30 days.I come into this with thought that whole process will take 5 months, now looks like will be a year.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Art786 said:

Hi, yes 3-5 months seems about right. but I would have my expectation closer to number 5+ just for them to look at your application. It took them to process, not done yet, last 3 days of October, over two months. new applications are coming with 2-3 hundred a day, and about 60-70 if lucky getting processed a day some days none. It dos not look good ad all. Frustrating part is, before November processing was taking on average 30 days.I come into this with thought that whole process will take 5 months, now looks like will be a year.

I still think that what we all need to go thru it, are positive thoughts and hope. The waiting itself is hard enough. I still hope that they come back to their normal processing quote the next week's and get that done as fast as possible. The holidays and the election stuff slowed it all down for sure

Timeline
1 minute ago, NatO23 said:

I agree with this fully! As you pointed out before, people from beginning-mid November are starting to get their approvals. If you factor in the election and Christmas break that happened between filing in November and now, it's logical that things slowed down a little. But the speed is picking up again, and I'm keeping optimistic. Like you said, the wait is hard enough, and being pessimistic or shooting down peoples' hopeful attitude isn't going to make any of us feel better. We're all in this together, and that's why we joined this form - for some company and discussion with people in the same situation as us. I'm planning to just keep my hopes high, remain positive, and be excited for everyone as they start to get some progress. Good luck to you, fellow January filer :)

I'm totally with you!!! Let's stay together and keep the good mood while we are waiting :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Throwing my hat into the ring...

After 7 and a half years of friendship, 2 and a half of those years dating, spending 3 months together from October 15 to January 10, and getting engaged in December, we finally got everything together and filed for the K-1 visa.

I mailed the package out yesterday, via USPS Certified Mail, return receipt requested. All we can do at this point is wait. We figured it's going to take a while.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got my receipt notice for my NOA1 for Jan 13th and it's estimated I won't know anything until the end of March! Everyone just keep hopes up and wish for speedy processing times for EVERYONE! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

All January filers, let's keep in good hopes with positive mind!. Our files is in the process, we don't know exactly either is going to be fast or slow with the next response. We've got an estimate time of this process, i know i am impatient too! But all we can do is just wait.

I'm lucky to join here.. So, we can share the experience and see the progress :)

Hi all, submitted our application and received notice that it was accepted on January 17th.  Hopefully, the caseload starts moving quickly.  I know we have to be patient and the process will take however long it takes, but doesn't stop me from wishing it was quicker.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.