Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, NatO23 said:

Hi everyone, 

I did a manual search of the remaining Jan cases this morning, using the app. Long way round, but it got a result. Unfortunately though, the result is disappointing. There was ONE approval for Jan files yesterday. Just one. There were a few 'response to RFE received', and over 40 RFE requests sent out. 

The only conclusion that I can come to (and it's just speculation) is that a bunch of files with question marks over them were focused on yesterday, and the RFE verdicts were sent out. Really disappointing that this was all the activity that took place, but it's out of our hands and I guess we just have to roll with the punches at this point.

Let's all just hope for a better day at CSC today, and a return to the levels of productivity/approval that we've been seeing recently.

Thank you for giving this info @NatO23 :). I really appreciate it.

Is that mean the last update for May 1st is 1 approved and 40 RFE?.

If you don't mind, May I know how many case are untouched now for January filers?. 

I'm hoping for the better day as well that USCIS will touch more of our files everyday.

16 minutes ago, Noeyjohns said:

Thank you for giving this info @NatO23 :). I really appreciate it.

Is that mean the last update for May 1st is 1 approved and 40 RFE?.

If you don't mind, May I know how many case are untouched now for January filers?. 

I'm hoping for the better day as well that USCIS will touch more of our files everyday.

Bear in mind that I don't have the latest scan data, so I'm just working from my own numbers that I've pulled together from previous sheets...

Yesterday is showing as:

1 x approved

43 x RFE

18 x other (response to RFE received etc)

That's what I got from running saved i-129f cases in the app, so please forgive any discrepancies when compared to the scan that we may get later. Should be pretty accurate though, I'm confident in my method!

With those cases subtracted, I now have 1,365 cases for January that are still on 'received' status, ie haven't been touched. 

01/18/17 - I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/05/17 - NOA2 (100 days from NOA1)

05/19/17 - NVC received and case number assigned

05/26/17 - Case left NVC, status 'In Transit'

05/30/17 - Medical

05/31/17 - Consulate received 

07/13/17 - Interview, APPROVED!

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

07/22/17 - POE Newark, successful

08/02/17 - Married

08/23/17 - AOS filed (incl. EAD and AP)

08/31/17 - NOA1 date on AOS packet

09/21/17 - Biometrics appt

10/16/17 - Online tracker says 'Ready for Interview'

11/09/17 - EAD and AP approved

11/16/17 - EAD/AP combo card arrived

12/19/17 - Green card interview

12/22/17 - RFE received (medical had been lost)

01/23/18 - Green card in production

Timeline

Thank you very much @NatO23:).

Normally if they only touch a little cases in a day, they will come back by touching lots of cases the next day. Perhaps today they just need a little break. 

1 minute ago, Noeyjohns said:

Thank you very much @NatO23:).

Normally if they only touch a little cases in a day, they will come back by touching lots of cases the next day. Perhaps today they just need a little break. 

That's what I'm hoping. It looks very much as though they were filling in some of the gaps between approved cases yesterday, so I think I may be correct to assume that they just focused on trickier cases that they weren't confident should be approved, and that all of their resource went into more detailed checks. As you said, these low activity days are usually followed by high activity days - they still have quotas to reach! So fingers crossed for today, and huge good luck wishes to you and everyone else. 

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/30/17 - Medical

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

08/02/17 - Married

Rough day I'm afraid.

Cases updated yesterday, 5/1: 68

Approved: 1

RFE Issued: 43

RFE Response Received: 15

Other: 9

Raw data (most recent day's sheet labeled with green)https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wcm8Lb7gtd36ERFfjWE05fUyyzzUXD6q2ngE-apbuCo/edit?usp=sharing

25 Jan: I-129F Sent from Berlin | 27 Jan: NOA-1 | 01 May: RFE19 May: NOA-2

03 Jun: NVC Received | 20 Jun: NVC Issued Case Number | 23 Jun: Case Ready 

29 Jun: Medical | 03 Jul: Packet 3 received & sent | 13 Jul: Interview | 20 Jul: Visa In Hand

07 Aug: POE | 06 Sep: AOS Sent | 15 Sep: NOA-1 | 15 Oct: RFE | 29 Nov: EAD/AP/AOS NOA-2 | 06 Dec: EAD/AP In Hand

02 Jan: AOS Interview | 08 Jan: GC Received

04 Oct: I-751 Filed | 10 Oct: GC Extended

18 Aug: I-751 Approved | 04 Oct: N-400 Window Open + Filed

18 Apr: Biometrics Reuse | 14 Jun: Interview

Timeline

@NatO23 I wish you and all of us very goodluck as well.

On this waiting game, I only want to be as positive as possible and share the happy vibrant. Because being worry or wondering about this and that will not helps us much. They "USCIS" works on our case, we just need to wait because our time will come.

Be happy for what we have while we are waiting for the things to come. 

For me, anytime I knew they haven't touch or skipping our case, I turn on the music, I sing loudly though my voice is not good or I exercise till I got sweat .. Or I eat ice cream!!!. It release my heavy feeling. Life is good! ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

@Noeyjohns good vibe!! Wish you and everyone have a better news tomorrow! 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

We have a strange good luck thing in my family... whenever one of us has a big day ahead, like an exam or a job interview or something, we put a pan upside down on the stove for luck. Whether you believe in that kind of thing or not, it's just nice to have something that feels productive in terms of attractive positive feelings. Today has been the first day since submitting our packet that I've put a pan upside down on the stove, and I'm hoping the old family trick has some kind of luck for me and my fiancé. Join in the weirdness if you want - maybe it will work for one or more of us! 

01/25/17 - NOA1

05/30/17 - Medical

07/21/17 - Visa in hand

08/02/17 - Married

Although its dissapointing to see that only 1 case was approved yesterday, it was somehow easier to digest because it wasn't as if only our case was "skipped". 

Hoping the theory about a super productive day today holds true and many of us get approvals! 

Timeline

@NatO23 haha I like your thoughts and I like the weirdness though some people doesn't believe it. 

my fiance think that I'm silly when I tell about all of the weirdness idea that people do in Indonesia to get luck. I think is weird too but it's funny because those things happens. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Ermin&Zijada said:

Although its dissapointing to see that only 1 case was approved yesterday, it was somehow easier to digest because it wasn't as if only our case was "skipped". 

Hoping the theory about a super productive day today holds true and many of us get approvals! 

@Ermin&Zijada you're not the only one. We support each other here though we don't know each other. 

Not everyone will going through this special steps. This only one time experience. I know all of us want to do some movement after few months of waiting.

But hey!, Look at this now :). We became "virtual friends" who's willing to support one another in every step till we get our K1 Visa. Someday all this things will be a memory. But I'm truly grateful that I have been through this experience with all of you.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, NatO23 said:

That's what I'm hoping. It looks very much as though they were filling in some of the gaps between approved cases yesterday, so I think I may be correct to assume that they just focused on trickier cases that they weren't confident should be approved, and that all of their resource went into more detailed checks. As you said, these low activity days are usually followed by high activity days - they still have quotas to reach! So fingers crossed for today, and huge good luck wishes to you and everyone else. 

I have my own theory about what happened yesterday, and seeing the lack of activity for December and January, along with the fact my phone app kept getting notifications for travel alerts, form updates and visa bulletins, but nothing more productive than that, I came to think it might be related with the fact it was first day of the month. 

Yeah, well... too many free time to come up with theories :P Good luck, January fillers. These next two weeks HAVE TO be your time.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, I just wanted to wish all of you luck on receiving a noa2 today 🙏🏻 I know its a brutal wait and many of you have been waiting for what would seem like an eternity; however, you guys got this and hopefully today will be the day for you. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

I have my own theory about what happened yesterday, and seeing the lack of activity for December and January, along with the fact my phone app kept getting notifications for travel alerts, form updates and visa bulletins, but nothing more productive than that, I came to think it might be related with the fact it was first day of the month. 

Yeah, well... too many free time to come up with theories :P Good luck, January fillers. These next two weeks HAVE TO be your time.

As a long time federal employee,  I can tell you the most probable cause is a mandatory training day. These happen periodically through the fiscal year and can be any topic from new procedures to fun stuff like Internet Security or SHARP (sexual assault prevention).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.