Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Timeline
32 minutes ago, lcfreshful said:

Filed on jan 10th and got approved on April 26th. Now we're just waiting for the actual NOA2 to come in the mail. 

Perhaps other filers around Jan 10th may hear good news soon too. 

Good luck to you all.

We certainly hope so 

Still 51 Cases left for Jan 10th!

They were knocking them out on 4/27 but as usual, we got put on the back burner since then. 

Thank you for your optimism! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
30 minutes ago, pardiiix said:

Do we have to keep the I -129F form? I seem to have lost it 😔. If I print it all over and sign it again, will that cause problems later on? 

98 days and I still haven't received NOA 2.

Yes, you need to have a copy of the entire I-129f package you sent away. Have you checked everywhere? I keep mine at my desk in another identical folder next to the one I am peparing the other needed documents for the interview in :innocent:   

Its been 101 days for us now - I am really hoping for this week. We will hopefully hear something soon :) 

First met on March 28th, 2015 <3

Boyfriend and Girlfriend on May 11th, 2015 <3

Engaged November 11th, 2016 when A. surprised me in Germany to propose <3

NOA1..........................................January 20th

NOA2..........................................May 5th (Hard copy on May 11th)

Consulate Rec............................May 17th

Forwarded to Consulate.............June 5th (Expedition approval via Email)

Packet 3 from Consulate FRN....June 22nd

Medical Examination...................June 26th

Mailed Packet 3 to Consulate.....June 26th

Received Packet 4......................July 7th

Interview......................................July 10th -> APPROVED! 

Received VISA in the Mail...........

Timeline
1 hour ago, pardiiix said:

Do we have to keep the I -129F form? I seem to have lost it 😔. If I print it all over and sign it again, will that cause problems later on? 

98 days and I still haven't received NOA 2.

We forgot to print 2 copies of ours and we just filled it out again at a later date and printed it off. 

Day 98 for me.  Hopefully this week will bring good news.  I seriously don't think I can go another 2-3 weeks.  This is really starting to get to me now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here's to hoping for another productive week at the CSC! Best of luck to everyone waiting on NOA2 or their case number from the NVC:D

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

52 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Here's to hoping for another productive week at the CSC! Best of luck to everyone waiting on NOA2 or their case number from the NVC:D

Wishing you luck because you have been waiting WAY too long! :)

1 hour ago, Nameless said:

Day 98 for me.  Hopefully this week will bring good news.  I seriously don't think I can go another 2-3 weeks.  This is really starting to get to me now.

Day 102 for me now. Waiting is so stressful 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, BrianDao said:

Day 102 for me now. Waiting is so stressful 

I came to the conclusion I am not stressed about the wait myself. I know in the end we will get approved. We have been together 5 years and we are a genuine relationship...In the end if this route doesn't work for some reasons (which I don't think it would happen but anyway), there are many other ways to go around. So I am really not stressed about being refused. I am just literally tired and annoyed about those 108 days wait (That is since my NOA1, received date add 3 days). why are they holding us like this, I cannot see a reason and if there is one they should contact us with a RFE. I just believe our case has been left untouched up to now, as stated earlier maybe their dogs ate it...

Best of luck to everyone on this new week!

01/05/17    I-129F mailed to CSC
01/10/17    i-129F received date

05/10/17    NOA2 approved

05/31/17    NVC received

06/14/17    NVC assigned case number

06/16/17  NVC case number received (by phone)

06/16/17  NVC Left (online program)

06/19/17 Status updated to 'Ready'

06/19/17 Packet 3 sent

07/11/17 Packet 4 received

06/17/17 Letter received from Embassy

08/02/17  Interview Date (approved)

08/07/17 Visa ready for pick up

08/14/17 VISA IN HAND

08/14/17 POE Montreal (preclearance)/Minneapolis

09/08/17 MARRIED

09/12/17 Submitted I-485/I-765/I-131

09/15/17 Received date on the 3 NOA1

10/12/17 Biometrics appt.

10/27/17 Case ready to be scheduled for interview

12/13/17 Approval Notice date

12/21/17 Card in Hand

09/12/18 Mailed Submission for I-765/I-131 renewal

09/14/18 Case was rcvd

09/17/18 E-notification

10/25/18 Rcvd interview letter

11/28/18 Interview

12/15/18 Approved (Had to redo my physical or we would have been approved on the spot)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, PR&PR said:

I came to the conclusion I am not stressed about the wait myself. I know in the end we will get approved. We have been together 5 years and we are a genuine relationship...In the end if this route doesn't work for some reasons (which I don't think it would happen but anyway), there are many other ways to go around. So I am really not stressed about being refused. I am just literally tired and annoyed about those 108 days wait (That is since my NOA1, received date add 3 days). why are they holding us like this, I cannot see a reason and if there is one they should contact us with a RFE. I just believe our case has been left untouched up to now, as stated earlier maybe their dogs ate it...

You WILL get approved, I have no doubt about that.  We got approved 114 days past our received date. The very best of luck to all those waiting ever longer!!

• 01/03/17 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
  • 01/04/17 --- Delivered at Dallas lockbox
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 text and email 
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 date on hard copy notice
  • 04/28/17 --- NOA2 notification
  • 05/16/17 --- NVC received date
  • 05/17/17 --  NVC case # 
  • 05/19/17 --  NVC file on transit
  • 05/22/17 --- Embassy Instructions via email
  • 06/20/17 --- Interview date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

Good morning all!

Another week starts today!  No more long, unproductive, useless weekend feelings until 5 consecutive days of approvals and RFE's arrive first!  It should be a good week for a lot of you.  I can feel it.

I just got back from my trip to Colombia to see my fiance.  It turned out to be a perfectly planned trip as we got our NOA2 last week and celebrated together.  She was in much better spirits and we both now can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've noticed a lot of emotions building up in a lot of you and wanted to share my quick advice/experience.  The weeks leading up to my NOA2 I was beginning to become a mess.  I waited 109 days and past the estimated time by two weeks. The wait and the checking and the tracking was interfering with my daily life, my work, my happiness.  It is easy to blame the USCIS and get upset over their methods, but in reality we are nothing but 1 small stack of papers among thousands and thousands of stacks of papers. 

It wasn't till after I got my NOA2 approval that I realized that all my pain and suffering leading up to the NOA2 was not a product of the USCIS, but instead a self inflicted pain and misery.  I was doing it to myself.  We like to think our petition is the most important one.  The only one that matters to us.  Why is MY petition taking this long?  What did I do wrong?  Why are they skipping MINE?  When will I be approved?  But as I said, each one of us is 1 among thousands being processed.  And given the unconventional approval system, it is like a lottery of sorts.  But in our lottery, we are nearly guaranteed to be a winner as it is really hard to be rejected at this stage of the process.  You would know if you would be rejected and never would have submitted the petition in the first place.  Everyone here will receive approval, or RFE then approval.

The best things in life are worth waiting for.

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it takes to achieve it.

It's like torture being away from the one you love.  But a few months will be minuscule when compared to the lifetime of happiness that follows.  And I think we all can sacrifice a few months for a lifetime of happiness.

And for those of you with faith, let me add my favorite words of wisdom that has gotten me thru many situations in my life.  "God has perfect timing.  Never too early, never too late.  When it happens, it will be the exact right time, and it will be perfect."

Good luck to everyone this week!!!!

Thank you very much for this inspiring post! :) 

Lets all have a good and fresh start towards the next step of this journey we are lucky enough to share with our loved ones and the other members here in this community :) 

First met on March 28th, 2015 <3

Boyfriend and Girlfriend on May 11th, 2015 <3

Engaged November 11th, 2016 when A. surprised me in Germany to propose <3

NOA1..........................................January 20th

NOA2..........................................May 5th (Hard copy on May 11th)

Consulate Rec............................May 17th

Forwarded to Consulate.............June 5th (Expedition approval via Email)

Packet 3 from Consulate FRN....June 22nd

Medical Examination...................June 26th

Mailed Packet 3 to Consulate.....June 26th

Received Packet 4......................July 7th

Interview......................................July 10th -> APPROVED! 

Received VISA in the Mail...........

43 minutes ago, PR&PR said:

I agree. The way the government handles this is unethical IMO. If the case is to be sitting for 5 months, why not reach out and set an expectation. 

I think the widely accepted assumption on this forum is that there are a bunch of workers who are given a "stack" of cases to work on. I mentioned this a few days ago and will mention it again. Why in the age of such awesome technology are we processing applications by papers in "stacks" in the first place?

What they COULD do, theoretically, is have one main center that processes incoming petitions. The receipt numbers would be entered (ordered by date received) into a master database that's shared across all service centers. All documents would be scanned electronically into a database and linked to each receipt number in the master database. Only valid petitions make it into the database. The people processing the incoming would immediately reject any petitions that had incorrect fees, etc. Nobody has a "stack" on their desk. Then, when any worker at any service center finished the petition they were working on, they would query this master database for the next petition in line. This way there never would be a situation where someone who got a receipt at the end of the month gets movement before someone at the start. There would still be situations where an RFE delays a person and causes someone who got a receipt at the end of the month to get APPROVED before someone at the start, but that's acceptable! haha. 

With this type of approach, there could be very precise statistics on where the processing is currently at and what the wait time should be. 

Edited by dbmathis

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

32 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

Good morning all!

Another week starts today!  No more long, unproductive, useless weekend feelings until 5 consecutive days of approvals and RFE's arrive first!  It should be a good week for a lot of you.  I can feel it.

I just got back from my trip to Colombia to see my fiance.  It turned out to be a perfectly planned trip as we got our NOA2 last week and celebrated together.  She was in much better spirits and we both now can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I've noticed a lot of emotions building up in a lot of you and wanted to share my quick advice/experience.  The weeks leading up to my NOA2 I was beginning to become a mess.  I waited 109 days and past the estimated time by two weeks. The wait and the checking and the tracking was interfering with my daily life, my work, my happiness.  It is easy to blame the USCIS and get upset over their methods, but in reality we are nothing but 1 small stack of papers among thousands and thousands of stacks of papers. 

It wasn't till after I got my NOA2 approval that I realized that all my pain and suffering leading up to the NOA2 was not a product of the USCIS, but instead a self inflicted pain and misery.  I was doing it to myself.  We like to think our petition is the most important one.  The only one that matters to us.  Why is MY petition taking this long?  What did I do wrong?  Why are they skipping MINE?  When will I be approved?  But as I said, each one of us is 1 among thousands being processed.  And given the unconventional approval system, it is like a lottery of sorts.  But in our lottery, we are nearly guaranteed to be a winner as it is really hard to be rejected at this stage of the process.  You would know if you would be rejected and never would have submitted the petition in the first place.  Everyone here will receive approval, or RFE then approval.

The best things in life are worth waiting for.

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it takes to achieve it.

It's like torture being away from the one you love.  But a few months will be minuscule when compared to the lifetime of happiness that follows.  And I think we all can sacrifice a few months for a lifetime of happiness.

And for those of you with faith, let me add my favorite words of wisdom that has gotten me thru many situations in my life.  "God has perfect timing.  Never too early, never too late.  When it happens, it will be the exact right time, and it will be perfect."

Good luck to everyone this week!!!!

You're right, but I still want that USCIS to become more efficient so that others behind us can avoid this unnecessary misery that technology and proper thinking could easily fix. 

Edited by dbmathis

Click here to see my detailed timeline and experience.

I-485/I-765 Sent :

I-485/I-765 Received Date :

I-485/I-765 NOA1 :

RFIE (Birth Cert, Translation)

Biometrics : 

RFIE Received :

I-765 Approved :

I-485 Interview Date :

I-485 Approved :

Received Green Card :

2017 Oct 06

2017 Oct 10

2017 Oct 13

2017 Nov 03

2017 Nov 06

2017 Nov 17

2017 Dec 18

2018 Aug 08

2018 Aug 08

2018 Oct 23

Distance is to love like wind is to fire… it extinguishes the small and kindles the great!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.