Klitt3rJ

January 2017 I-129F Filers

5,583 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 hours ago, AgNeska said:

Received RFE yesterday - requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person. 

We sent them copies of our passport pages (visas, stamps) and tickets receipts. What else should we send? In the mail as an example and primary evidence is written statement from petitioner or beneficiary (or both) that we have met. Also, I am going to ask other people who saw us together and know us to write such a statement. Would it be enough?

As an evidence uscis also considers photographs of both of us, however it might be secondary evidence. We dont have any picture like that. I have pictures of him, he has some pctures of me. Is it weird? Is it might be a red flag that we dont have any picture of both of us?

Last November we both were trying to cross the border, I was denied entry because they assumed I have no ties in my home country. Anyway, we BOTH were there and after denied entry we spent some time in Canada. They should have a record or something of this. Is it somehow possible to get it, because it is a proof that we have met, isnt it?

is it an option for you guys to meet again? maybe in poland.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance has received our RFE mail yesterday. The RFE was a missed check box on the i129f form about having a criminal record. So easily he just reprinted the form, checked the appropriate box, signed and sent it back. Hopefully we get a reply and approval within the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, notantifun said:

My fiance has received our RFE mail yesterday. The RFE was a missed check box on the i129f form about having a criminal record. So easily he just reprinted the form, checked the appropriate box, signed and sent it back. Hopefully we get a reply and approval within the next 2 weeks. Fingers crossed. 

Is it the section that asks 3 questions about past criminal records?  One of those 3 check boxes was missed?  Do you know exactly which box you missed?

K1 Visa Process:

USCIS I-129F File Date:  January 4th, 2017

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 5th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA1 Date:  January 11th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 25th, 2017

DOS NVC Receive:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Case Number Issued:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Leave Date:  May 18th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Receive Date:  May 19th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Sent K1 Packet 3/4 via Email:  June 12th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Interview Date:  July 5th, 2017 (APPROVED!)

DOS Bogota VISA Received In-Hand: July 14th, 2017

Point of Entry into the United States: August 15th, 2017 (Newark)

Marriage:  October 19th, 2017

AOS Process:

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  November 6th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  November 7th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: December 7th, 2017

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: January 17th, 2018

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: January 26th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: February 14th, 2018 (Recommended For Approval!)

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: February 15th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Green Card (2 Year) Received: February 24th, 2018

Removal of Conditions Process:

USCIS I-751 File Date:  November 20th, 2019

USCIS I-751 NOA Date:  November 26th, 2019

USCIS I-751 Biometrics Appointment:  February 27th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Interview Date:  WAIVED

USCIS I-751 Approval Date:  October 13th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Green Card (10 Year) Received:  October 19th, 2020

Citizenship through Naturalization Process

Eligible as of February 18th, 2021...

Preparing for Filing.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, mbassett said:

Well I understand your frustration but I think they want proof you meet in person. Pictures of you together would be a great start

and any other evidence.that proves your trip was about meeting each other and spending time together. I am far from an expert on this but I know I provided many pictures that show location specific information so they know without out a doubt I visit her in her country. Always pictures of us together. Also provided detailed travel itinerary and receipts that list both our names as well as all boarding passes.. I even include communication with our hotels that include both our names. 

Do you have any other documentation other than passport stamps that show you travel together or spend time together? 

I am hoping you have something you can show other than a passport stamp. Not sure if written statements are enough as I am also learning the ways of this process. I am sure others may have better advice. I hope all works out for you 

I agree that I am going through the process myself so I cannot claim to "know" what I am talking about, at least not from experience. I did, however, not only provide pictures of us together, but also pictures of us with his family, cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters, mom, etc. There's also pictures of us in ethnic clothing and doing "tourist-y" things together :)  The pictures make it very obvious that we are physically together in India. I will also be sending him pictures from our second trip together. We also had a formal engagement ceremony and have lots of pictures from that as well.

So, we got our NoA2 approval on 4-20 and looking at the requirements to call NVC  I have to have the names, dobs and the receipt number to check the status.  Do I get a new receipt number or will I give them my wac number?

Timeline
6 hours ago, SkruDe said:

Is it the section that asks 3 questions about past criminal records?  One of those 3 check boxes was missed?  Do you know exactly which box you missed?

Part 3, question 2b on page 5 of the form. He just completely missed the NO box. We worked on our packet after work and he was probably really tired when he was filling out the form.

3 hours ago, Alan & Anna said:

So, we got our NoA2 approval on 4-20 and looking at the requirements to call NVC  I have to have the names, dobs and the receipt number to check the status.  Do I get a new receipt number or will I give them my wac number?

Your WAC#. Should be similar to your NOA2 receipt#. NVC would give you the Manila case number if they already got your file in their system. We got our NOA2 April 5, still no case#. 

Best guide for PH right here:

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/2-nvc-k-1 

Thanks to Hank.

Timelines

Spoiler

AOS Process

2017 Sept 20               AOS/EAD/AP Sent via FedEx

2017 Sept 26               USCIS RECEIVED - Notice Date

2017 Sept 27               Email & Text Notifications for 3 Forms (11:30pm)

2017 Oct 02                 NOA hard copies received

2017 Oct 14                 Biometrics appointment letter received (Oct 7 Notice Date)

2017 Oct 26                 Biometrics at Austin ASC 11:00am (Completed in 10 min)

2017 Nov 14                AOS Case Status Changed to "Ready to Be Scheduled For An Interview"

2017 Nov 27                EAD/AP Approved (68 Days) - Notices received  Dec 1, combo card on Dec 04

2018 June 27               Interview Notice Date (Mail received July 2) 

2018 Aug 01                Interview Date - Approved

I-129F K1 Process

Spoiler

K1 Visa - PH K1 Visa Guide

2017 Jan 09                 I-129F Sent                           

2017 Jan 10                 I-129F Received           

2017 Jan 13                 I-129F NOA 1                         

2017 Apr 05                 I-129F NOA 2 (82 Days from NOA1)

2017 Apr 26                 I-129F NVC Received (21 Days from NOA2)

2017 May 2                  Consulate Received (6 Days from NVC)

2017 May 8                  Medical SLEC (1 Day - passed)

2017 Jun 01                 Interview - Approved (139 Days from NOA1)

2017 Jun 06                 Visa Received (5 Days from Interview)

2017 July 26                US Entry (PoE: San Francisco)

2017 Aug 04                Applied for SSN

2017 Aug 28                Wedding                                  

2017 Sept 15               Applied for SSN Name Change

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

As the USCIS begins to fall farther behind (based on increasing timeline averages), and many of us January filers continue to wait, the only spec of good news right now is that it is Monday and starting tonight a new wave of approvals will start pouring in and continue each night for the next 5 days.  I wish everyone good luck today as we kick of the new week waiting for our turn to end the agonizing and torturous USCIS process and begin the much speedier Department of State process.

Cheers!

K1 Visa Process:

USCIS I-129F File Date:  January 4th, 2017

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 5th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA1 Date:  January 11th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 25th, 2017

DOS NVC Receive:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Case Number Issued:  May 12th, 2017

DOS NVC Leave Date:  May 18th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Receive Date:  May 19th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Sent K1 Packet 3/4 via Email:  June 12th, 2017

DOS Bogota Embassy Interview Date:  July 5th, 2017 (APPROVED!)

DOS Bogota VISA Received In-Hand: July 14th, 2017

Point of Entry into the United States: August 15th, 2017 (Newark)

Marriage:  October 19th, 2017

AOS Process:

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) File Date:  November 6th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Receive Date:  November 7th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) Text Receipt Notification Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS), I-765 (EAD), & I-131 (AP) NOA1 Notice Date: November 15th, 2017

USCIS I-485 (AOS) & I-765 (EAD) Biometrics Appointment: December 7th, 2017

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Approval Date: January 17th, 2018

USCIS I-765 (EAD) & I-131 (AP) Combo Card Receive Date: January 26th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Interview Date Scheduled for: February 14th, 2018 (Recommended For Approval!)

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Approval Date: February 15th, 2018

USCIS I-485 (AOS) Green Card (2 Year) Received: February 24th, 2018

Removal of Conditions Process:

USCIS I-751 File Date:  November 20th, 2019

USCIS I-751 NOA Date:  November 26th, 2019

USCIS I-751 Biometrics Appointment:  February 27th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Interview Date:  WAIVED

USCIS I-751 Approval Date:  October 13th, 2020

USCIS I-751 Green Card (10 Year) Received:  October 19th, 2020

Citizenship through Naturalization Process

Eligible as of February 18th, 2021...

Preparing for Filing.....

Timeline
48 minutes ago, SkruDe said:

As the USCIS begins to fall farther behind (based on increasing timeline averages), and many of us January filers continue to wait, the only spec of good news right now is that it is Monday and starting tonight a new wave of approvals will start pouring in and continue each night for the next 5 days.  I wish everyone good luck today as we kick of the new week waiting for our turn to end the agonizing and torturous USCIS process and begin the much speedier Department of State process.

Cheers!

The good news also is that Dec 2016 filers are almost done, they are averaging about 100 to 150 a day and they only have about 500 left, which means the primary focus will be on January soon! I'll keep everyone in my prayers, especially of those who have been waiting over 100 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes!! all good news to those who are desperately waiting!

im hitting 100th day soon :)

Edited by keixjil

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Timeline

I created a profile and decided to chime in on these boards because I know my fiancee lurks this forum. Hopefully she sees this. Hi Alyssa! Anyway, hopefully we all get some good news this week! NOA1 was January 24 for us. Good luck and stay patient.

Timeline

I'm just a march flier but I even went as far as keeping almost all our dinner and breakfast receipts, and pulled lots of our pictures of video and family pics, friends on facebook, copied comments from friends and family. kept boarding passes. maybe if you two have your passes to the same location in Canada. my mom n dad video called us while I was there so they could also write a affidavid but my lawyer went so far to say we wouldn't need and if we did they would get it later if it did get kicked out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Chris&RunnyRun said:

The good news also is that Dec 2016 filers are almost done, they are averaging about 100 to 150 a day and they only have about 500 left, which means the primary focus will be on January soon! I'll keep everyone in my prayers, especially of those who have been waiting over 100 days.

Here's a summary of the latest (thru last Thursday) December group stats from AkesAngel (45% approved; 15% completely untouched )

Status             N        Percent
Approved 1967 44.67%
RFE - out 1244 28.25%
RFE - in 265 6.02%
Untouched 637 14.47%
Other 290 6.59%
all 4403 100.00%
  • 01/03/17 --- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
  • 01/04/17 --- Delivered at Dallas lockbox
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 text and email 
  • 01/12/17 --- NOA1 date on hard copy notice
  • 04/28/17 --- NOA2 notification
  • 05/16/17 --- NVC received date
  • 05/17/17 --  NVC case # 
  • 05/19/17 --  NVC file on transit
  • 05/22/17 --- Embassy Instructions via email
  • 06/20/17 --- Interview date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
18 hours ago, mbassett said:

Well I understand your frustration but I think they want proof you meet in person. Pictures of you together would be a great start

and any other evidence.that proves your trip was about meeting each other and spending time together. I am far from an expert on this but I know I provided many pictures that show location specific information so they know without out a doubt I visit her in her country. Always pictures of us together. Also provided detailed travel itinerary and receipts that list both our names as well as all boarding passes.. I even include communication with our hotels that include both our names. 

Do you have any other documentation other than passport stamps that show you travel together or spend time together? 

I am hoping you have something you can show other than a passport stamp. Not sure if written statements are enough as I am also learning the ways of this process. I am sure others may have better advice. I hope all works out for you 

17 hours ago, HazeyHaze said:

I wouldn't consider photos together as secondary evidence as these are very important. In my opinion, more important than passport stamps and itineraries. Do you have at least one photo together, or maybe a video? I'm not an expert on the process as well, but it may be hard to prove the genuineness of your relationship without these. 

No, we dont have any photo together. And in the RFE it is written that photographs are secondary evidence. Primary are written statements, passport stamps, airline tickets, receipts etc. We will send them more of these. That is all we have...

I dont understand how pictures of us together may be such a reliable proof of genuineness relationship. Ongoing relationship is the next step - the interview. We have letters we sent to each other, dedicated gifts, a lots of text conversations and calls. Also, now they dont want a proof like that. All they want now is proof that we have met within 2 years. Well, picture of us together showing the date would be helpful but we dont have one. 

16 hours ago, David&Femke said:

is it an option for you guys to meet again? maybe in poland.

We have been a couple for 4 years. We have met in Poland, we were even living in the same apartment. The first thought was to stay in Poland but the situation had changed, we didnt plan it (living in the States). After he left I visited him in States few times, he also got back to Poland mulitple times. We have proofs for it. The question is if the USCIS deems they are enough. If not, he will come here and we will get marry in Poland. However, I hope the first version is still valid.

Thank you for your responses/thoughts. I am going to complete more documents, send it and I will let you know what the USCIS final response is.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.