dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2017

1,509 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Keeping all constraints in view and assuming that everything is in order, the ideal wait time stands between 8-10 weeks. Got my CC within this timeframe. Hope everyone gets their CC soon. Don't know why there are asking for DS-260 at this stage when people can access the confirmation page from the CEAC website. Luckily, no NVC rep asked about my DS-260 details. 

Alright guys I honestly feel like if we do not do anything we are not gonna go anywhere. I am so sick and tired of waiting as well as listening to the same thing from these people that answers phone calls. I say we use social media or news agency to let them know of our frustrations. 

NVC scan date 11/14/16 

Supervisor review 12/21/16

They say wait 6 weeks even though on their website it says 2-4 weeks. Additionally once the 6 weeks have came along you gotta wait up to another 6 weeks ... They should have hired necessary personnel if they are getting tanked with paperwork. I have not seen my wife in over 8 months and its becoming to be really sad. Really sad is not even a word to describe my feelings !!! So so pissed at these guys. i feel like the really do not care. And by the way I had contacted their Director and left a voice mail yesterday but no luck so far. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I've been fortunate to get my CC on Dec 28th - do you guys know how long it takes to get news about interview? We only got automated message about it taking up to 3 months O.O

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hey everyone! 

I'm new to NVC, I paid the $120.00 fee already and the $325.00 fee.  The $325.00 fee was removed my bank account. But it's "Processing" I'm assuming next couple days it will be change to "Paid" Then I will fill out the online application.

my questions is...  I'm little confused while preparing all the required documents.  Here is my NVC package 

-Cover page 120 fee and 325 fee 

-Completed online NVC application -once they unlock it- 

-completed i-864 orginal 

-Wife's Birth records english

-Wife's police records one from her current country another when she lived in Germany ten years ago both in english

-copies of her passport 

-three years of my tax transscripts

-employment letter 

-my birth records 

-marriage records

-translations 

Embassy wants orginals of my records?

So should I send copies or should I be sending all the orginals?

Then collect more orginals for the embassy interview.   I'm currently visiting her for the christmas holiday. Whatever I need while i'm here in her country to prepare for nvc and interview. 

Also, Should I include proof of reationship again? Skype calls, my travels, her travels to the U.S. . etc. Photos.... passport photos..

Thanks for helping out. 

Sean

15 minutes ago, mrx3214 said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm new to NVC, I paid the $120.00 fee already and the $325.00 fee.  The $325.00 fee was removed my bank account. But it's "Processing" I'm assuming next couple days it will be change to "Paid" Then I will fill out the online application.

my questions is...  I'm little confused while preparing all the required documents.  Here is my NVC package 

-Cover page 120 fee and 325 fee 

-Completed online NVC application -once they unlock it- 

-completed i-864 orginal 

-Wife's Birth records english

-Wife's police records one from her current country another when she lived in Germany ten years ago both in english

-copies of her passport 

-three years of my tax transscripts

-employment letter 

-my birth records 

-marriage records

-translations 

Embassy wants orginals of my records?

So should I send copies or should I be sending all the orginals?

Then collect more orginals for the embassy interview.   I'm currently visiting her for the christmas holiday. Whatever I need while i'm here in her country to prepare for nvc and interview. 

Also, Should I include proof of reationship again? Skype calls, my travels, her travels to the U.S. . etc. Photos.... passport photos..

Thanks for helping out. 

Sean

Send copies to NVC, originals are brought with to the embassy interview :)

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

8 weeks and 1 day.......and I thought this would be the week......:(

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Chin up everyone!  Evanstillwaiting is an inspiration!  I can't even imagine that awful awful wait!

I still have hope and at least we have this community so we can re-adjust our expectations and gain little bits of information from others.  As stated above, it seems that the typical time now is 8-10 weeks and I know a lot of us fall within this time frame.  I definitely recommend any one who is waiting longer than this to contact their senator's office.

We got this!

Married: April 20th, 2016

I-130 Petition Sent: April 24th, 2016

NOA1 Received: May 17th, 2016

NOA2 Received: Sept 12th, 2016

----------

NVC Received: October 11th, 2016

NVC Case Number Assigned: October 19th, 2016

IV and AOS Fees Paid: October 28th, 2016

DS-260 Submitted: November 4th, 2016

Scan Date: November 9th, 2016

Supervisor Review: December 21st, 2016

Medical Exam Complete: January 9th, 2017

Checklist Received: January 10th, 2017

New Scan Date: January 24th, 2017

Contacted Congressman Aid: February 24th, 2017

Expedite Approved; Case sent to Auckland Consulate: March 27th, 2017

Interview Scheduled: 4/3/17 

----------

Interview Date: 4/18/17

Visa in Hand:

Date of US Entry:

23 minutes ago, Andy & Mike said:

Chin up everyone!  Evanstillwaiting is an inspiration!  I can't even imagine that awful awful wait!

I still have hope and at least we have this community so we can re-adjust our expectations and gain little bits of information from others.  As stated above, it seems that the typical time now is 8-10 weeks and I know a lot of us fall within this time frame.  I definitely recommend any one who is waiting longer than this to contact their senator's office.

We got this!

Hello, fellow Minnesotan! I'm also in Minneapolis :)

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

4 hours ago, afortunada said:

Then what the #### is he complaining about? Again, every bit of work you do means he gets money for not having to do it, so.... #######? 

My lawyer actually encouraged me to reach out the senator's office on my own and to work with them on my paperwork, which is exactly what I did, and it worked out quite well. Just make sure that your husband's senator knows who your lawyer is so they can contact them if need be. I am sending you lots of virtual hugs!!

Thanks so much! :) Completely beats me why he's complaining. I don't understand how he's got so many great reviews online...  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Li&Kyle said:

Thanks so much! :) Completely beats me why he's complaining. I don't understand how he's got so many great reviews online...  

Maybe he wrote the reviews himself :)

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am curious at to why NVC has been having so many issues.  All these posts that I have read on this thread have all been related to the work of NVC, or should i say the lack there of.  I am waiting in the same boat as everyone else here.  Suppose the fact that this was an election year, the fact that Trump may have some sort of influence on the immigration process and has been very influential on the attitudes of all Department of State Employees, which includes USCIS,  NVC and contractors.  Maybe this is stirring up some chaos within the department.  I don't know, its just a theory, but I do know that there are MANY families out there hurting right now because of the lack of urgency with these immigration cases, my wife and I included.  Write your congressman, senators, state leaders, majority leaders, Bernie Sanders, everyone.  This needs to be addressed! 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, missileman said:

8 weeks and 1 day.......and I thought this would be the week......:(

SAME HERE!! 8 WEEKS 1 DAY....  I LOG INTO THE CEAC ACCOUNT 3 TIMES TODAY HOPING TO FIND 3 N/A'S. THIS IS DEPRESSING :(:(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, lau1119 said:

SAME HERE!! 8 WEEKS 1 DAY....  I LOG INTO THE CEAC ACCOUNT 3 TIMES TODAY HOPING TO FIND 3 N/A'S. THIS IS DEPRESSING :(:(

I check several times a day, too.......every day.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey guys, first of all i wish good luck to all of you in your visa journey..as for me, my scan date was 10/14/2016, my case was put for supervisor review on 12/01/2016, i called today and i was told my case was put yesterday to supervisor review by a supervisor ,  does anyone have or had same situation? And is it bad or good sign that supervisor put it for review again ? Please share your opinions .

thanks and good luck..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.