annoj

no job,nothing to do*tears*

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

139 Walmart jobs in Eastport, ME, 04631

I remain unsure how jobs in Maine are going to help someone in Mississippi.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I immigrated to the US some months back..anybody living in mississippi too?..i could use some friends and people to hang out with,been searching endlessly for a job but nothing seems forthcoming,everyday I stay home doing nothing,it really can get frustrating sometimes, but my husband makes up for it on weekends,but what about weekdays,lol..and there's really nothing happening in mississippi,this has to be the most boring state ever in the US,no activities,no parks,no beach..i seriously wonder how people have fun here,im typing now home alone..help!!! anybody in mississippi?

Look up volunteering opportunities online, so you can go to Non Profit Organizations and be part of the community, meet other people, help on a regular basis. I am doing the same, and after showing my commitment, they are offering to connect me to other people to look for a job. Give it a try, at least it will be company!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Always something to do, especially with the internet; but we all understand what you mean. It is a concern of mine also over time for my partner, hoping he does not get super bored and frustrated over time while I'm working a lot.

We are considering getting a dog to help keep some company, plus get him outside and all.. perhaps a good option is a pet for yourself?

If you like animals a lot, maybe volunteer at a local animal shelter if there is one near you?

Job wise, maybe some sort of home boarding for pets??(With agreeance from your husband ofcouse haha. and making sure you know the state laws and regulations)

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

My wife had the same problem too. She started to volunteer at a local pet shelter walking dogs a couple days a week. We eventually adopted a couple and she walks them daily. She has since started a dog walking business in the neighborhood as well as the pet shelter as well as got a part time job at a Goodwill store. As someone said earlier, if you go on line for your local community, you should be able to find some kind of volunteering job other then dogs if not a dog person. Best of luck to you!

Our Timeline AOS Timeline

10/24/13 - Met online 04/30/16 - Sent AOS Forms I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131, G-325a, G-1145 with check

01/16/14 - Fell in love online 05/07/16 - Received text & email with case#

05/03/14 - Met for first time - He went to England 05/09/16 - Check cashed for $1,070.00

08/07/14 - She came to USA 1st time 05/13/16 - Received NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765

12/28/14 - She came to USA 2nd time 06/03/16 - Biometrics Appointment

02/10/15 - Officially engaged at the Grand Canyon 08/01/16 - Email & Text saying I-131 & I-765 Approved

04/27/15 - She came to USA 3rd time 08/06/16 - Received letters of approval for I-131 & !765

07/14/15 - She came to USA 4th time 08/12/16 - Received Combo card in US mail!

10/14/16 - Received RFE for proof of marriage

K1 VISA Timeline 10/15/16 - Sent in RFE paperwork

09/23/15 - Sent info to Rapid Visa 10/19/16 - Received text - AOS APPROVED!!!!

10/13/15 - Conformation from USCIS - NOA1 10/22/16 - Received hard copy of I-485 approval

11/06/15 - I-129F Approved! via USCIS Website! 10/22/16 - Received text - Your 2 year Greed card has mailed

11/13/15 - Received hard copy in mail - NOA2 10/25/16 - Received Green Card in the mail! - Yahoooo!

11/23/15 - Received by NVC (called on 24th)

11/24/15 - Called NVC and got LND#

11/30/15 - Case status at NVC: READY!

01/12/16 - Medical completed!

01/23/16 - Packet 4 received

01/27/16 - Interview - APPROVED!

02/05/16 - Visa In Hand

02/11/16 - POE - Ohio

04/02/16 - Wedding - Yahooo!

There are plenty of places where you can volunteer. And you seriously have no hobby or interests? Everyone has something.Go for a run, read a book, clean a house, knit, learn something new, etc. Find some online classes, check local communities.

I suppose I could never understood people who say they have nothing to do and they are bored at home... lol, I always find something to do for myself.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Volunteer at your local library. There's a wealth of information there, and you can see all sorts of people, have access to the internet....it's a great place.

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What part of the state are you in? If you are close to the gulf coast, try www.bettergulfcoastjobs.com. I undetstand what you are saying, but you need to get out there, I started with volenteering, it was a great way to meet people. I am also starting a small business and have had great support from the Mississippi Small Business Development Center (www.mssbdc.org). If you are not near the gulf coast, come for a visit, lots of great things to do on the coast! Hang in there, it will get better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You can also register in this website and do what you are more experienced.

https://www.care.com/

ROC (I-751)

06/24/2019 - Shipped via FedEx

06/26/2019 - I-751 Received by USCIS

07/01/2019 - Money order cashed/paid.

07/02/2019 - Text received with MSC case number on my cellphone.

07/03/2019 - Extension letter (18 months) received in the mail dated 6/28/2019. 

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the input, trust me iv gone to Walmart, I was asked to apply online,i did twice already, even kroger,i have applied online to almost 50jobs..lol i live in a small town where you have to drive 30minutes to get to the library and that's the closest to me..the volunteering will be a good idea,i will look online today and check if there's any close to me,if you live in bigger cities you wont understand the struggle.. I know people who got here around the same time I did but in other states and had jobs in two months..lol and someone said go for a run,read a book,clean the house,i did all of that already except I'm gonna be cleaning till my back breaks,i go to the gym almost everyday..im not talking about all that,im talking about feeling useful..il just hang on and keep searching, thanks y'all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

ROC (I-751)

06/24/2019 - Shipped via FedEx

06/26/2019 - I-751 Received by USCIS

07/01/2019 - Money order cashed/paid.

07/02/2019 - Text received with MSC case number on my cellphone.

07/03/2019 - Extension letter (18 months) received in the mail dated 6/28/2019. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Your problem not finding a job, could it be related to your resume ? Online templates for a decent resume are available online.

List your experiences and what you are good at, you have to sell your abilities to the employer. We changed the cover letter to
incorporate a small paragraph about specific companies we wanted to try to make it a personal touch of why we thought
this company fits us well.
I understand small town living, ours has 4400 population :blush: and my husband made an awesome resume based on his experience
and abilities and was hired in an even smaller town at a manufacturing company through a temp agency.
Then he was hired in our town for a better paying job where he is now a lead and they created a second shift because of him
and his hard work all within one year.
He works circles around his co workers, many of them have been there for decades but he stood out as a lead.
His ambitions are to get his degree and keep on climbing up the ladder. Perhaps you can find a Nigerian association to
get some ideas for networking in a bigger city nearby.
You may have to start small but it gets better once you have a start somewhere and some experience under your belt.
I also would encourage you to go to the bigger cities around you, 30 min is not too far away to work and many Americans
have that as an average commute.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Thank you @nayaramr,im filling out the form already,@ebunoluwa, yea I understand 30minutes is not far but that's when you have a car to move around with,theres no form of public transportation here except you own a car,so that's the major setback now as we only have one car and my hubby drives it to work,thats why I'm looking for something closer till I get my own car ,im pretty sure I would have gotten a job if I had my own car cuz most jobs I applied to asked that question.im trying to create another resume now,maybe that wasn't good enough..thanks

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the input, trust me iv gone to Walmart, I was asked to apply online,i did twice already, even kroger,i have applied online to almost 50jobs..lol i live in a small town where you have to drive 30minutes to get to the library and that's the closest to me..the volunteering will be a good idea,i will look online today and check if there's any close to me,if you live in bigger cities you wont understand the struggle.. I know people who got here around the same time I did but in other states and had jobs in two months..lol and someone said go for a run,read a book,clean the house,i did all of that already except I'm gonna be cleaning till my back breaks,i go to the gym almost everyday..im not talking about all that,im talking about feeling useful..il just hang on and keep searching, thanks y'all

30 min drive is nothing for America, I live in Dallas, huge city, going to work is very common driving 1-2 hours, Washington DC is even more with all crazy traffic.

Look at telecommuting jobs (they are very time consuming and low pay usually) or your own small business in the area if you are not willing to drive long distance

Tasha

telecommuting jobs means online working from home on your own computer or see what other people does in your area in craigslist

Filed: Timeline

I immigrated to the US some months back..anybody living in mississippi too?..i could use some friends and people to hang out with,been searching endlessly for a job but nothing seems forthcoming,everyday I stay home doing nothing,it really can get frustrating sometimes, but my husband makes up for it on weekends,but what about weekdays,lol..and there's really nothing happening in mississippi,this has to be the most boring state ever in the US,no activities,no parks,no beach..i seriously wonder how people have fun here,im typing now home alone..help!!! anybody in mississippi?

The first few months have to be the worst part coming to USA. Hang in there, it will get better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.