1,910 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, cd37 said:

They updated processing times and california is still stuck at August 23,2016 since last three months. I m not getting a good feeling about CSC.....they just stopped processing f2a applications

Are you talking about USCIS?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

It really doesn't matter that California Service Center delayed the processing. As we lie under preferential category i.e. F2A we have long wait. We get eligible for Immigrant visa only when the visa gets current which is determined by NOA1 not NOA2.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Adarsha Shresthaa said:

It really doesn't matter that California Service Center delayed the processing. As we lie under preferential category i.e. F2A we have long wait. We get eligible for Immigrant visa only when the visa gets current which is determined by NOA1 not NOA2.

Well Adrasha, you are right here. However, It is different to wait for NO2, than to have an approved I-130 and to wait only for NVC stage. The main difference is, what if your petition is not approved and you made a major error in your application? If you find out after 1 year that you made a major error and you need to refile the I-130, this means you lost a full year. So, that they stopped the F2A in California altogether is not a good thing for us. I prefer to wait, with an approve I-130 for the NVC stage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

How do you guys know that they stopped processing the i-130 applications?  I wonder if anybody with priority date from august 24 on , got approved ? 

Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

California: Since 23. August they stopped with F2A:

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 August 23, 2016
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 November 15, 2016
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 February 2, 2016
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 May 27, 2015
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21 March 20, 2012
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sister May 17, 2011
Edited by Michael2017

Timeline
1 hour ago, Michael2017 said:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

California: Since 23. August they stopped with F2A:

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 August 23, 2016
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 November 15, 2016
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 February 2, 2016
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for an unmarried son or daughter over 21 May 27, 2015
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a married son or daughter over 21 March 20, 2012
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative U.S. citizen filing for a brother or sister May 17, 2011

I wonder what's the reason they stopped !!!! They always said they have lot of cases or applications filed in august. Maybe soon they'll just move more than one month ahead 

Timeline

People from the forum called. They said they are overload. My opinion is, that they had too much applications to work on, and as F2A has longer waiting times due to the visa bulletin, they decided to speed up applications of USCs rather than Green Card holders as those are more time critical. As the visa bulletin progresses, they will need to start processing them again, but I assume this has not happened yet, as no one here or in facebook with PD September or October in the F2A category got any notice from California Service Center. The situation looks very very very delayed in CA right now!!!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

People from the forum called. They said they are overload. My opinion is, that they had too much applications to work on, and as F2A has longer waiting times due to the visa bulletin, they decided to speed up applications of USCs rather than Green Card holders as those are more time critical. As the visa bulletin progresses, they will need to start processing them again, but I assume this has not happened yet, as no one here or in facebook with PD September or October in the F2A category got any notice from California Service Center. The situation looks very very very delayed in CA right now!!!

I agree with you , I think they even have applications transfered from other services like Texas witch made it overload but I assume once they start processing them again; they'll move months further 

Timeline

I assume they will only move forward more radically, if the visa bulletin does. As the filing dates in chart B moved a lot, there is some hope that this will put pressure on them to start processing F2A again...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
3 hours ago, KemiD said:

Hi !

My PD is April, 2016. approved in September 31 and that was it since then we haven't received anything from NVC. PLEASE assist.

Regards

I your PD is on or before April the 8th, you should be receiving NVC Welcome Letter in mail any time after May the 1st. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.