2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 5/12/2017 at 11:39 AM, hy2016 said:

FINALLY I just received the NOA2 / notice date: 06/09/2017

Tracker still showing received December 27th. /2016

I am super happy !!!
Can you guys tell me what do I supposed to do now?
Edited by javidango

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jonathan&Beatriz said:

The NVC Tracker says our case is

ready, I just submitted the Ds-160 online but I couldn't schedule the interview. In order to schedule, we need to create an account on the CASV - Rio de Janeiro US embassy, but it says that our case  number is not ready for the next step... don't know what to do right now.  I can't call them to talk about k-1 visa, they want me to do it through email... and I will have to wait 3-5 days to get an answer 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Hello Jonathan&Beatriz, we are in the same boat, they will respond to your email couple hours later if you send it early on the morning, my answer was, they can't find my process, to wait for an email. Just give a try.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
53 minutes ago, javidango said:

Congrats! Now you will need to wait 2-3 weeks and then call the NVC for your case number. At first I thought hy2016 was receiving NOA2, and I was super excited because they have been waiting for so long. Now I see that something weird happened with the quote, but either way I'm happy for you too as you have also been waiting super long. Great news all around. :D

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, kc_gttld said:

Hey everyone, today the CSC changed the "processing applications as of " to January 15th!  I called and got a refernce number for a review of my case.  As of now, it is still in a pending status of "received 12/27"  per the rep on the phone.  Now I have to wait another "up to 15 days" for a response to the inquiry.  Here's hoping my case just slipped into a crack and we will be approved soon. -_-

Does "processing applications as of to January 15th" mean they think they are done with anyone before Jan-15?

I am still waiting for NOA2 after they received my response on the 3rd of May to their RFE ...(I am a December filer)

Edited by goodlulck52

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, goodlulck52 said:

Does "processing applications as of to January 15th" mean they think they are done with anyone before Jan-15?

I am still waiting for NOA2 after they received my response on the 3rd of May to their RFE ...(I am a December filer)

It just means they should have "touched" or worked on every application prior to January 15th.  This does not apply to RFE's or applicaions that have been updated in some way by USCIS. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, kc_gttld said:

It just means they should have "touched" or worked on every application prior to January 15th.  This does not apply to RFE's or applicaions that have been updated in some way by USCIS. 

Thanks for letting us know. Now I just need more patience :clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 6/14/2017 at 4:35 AM, Jon & Malen said:

HI everyone, I haven't checked in for a while. Been busy at work and buried under the mountain of paperwork that this K-1 Visa requires. We are on our last steps of this long journey. We have our NBI clearance and have an approved certificate of clearance from Singapore police but can't get the fingerprint appointment until the 28th of June. Malen went to the Medical Exam last Saturday at Fullerton Health Clinic and they were very nice to her. We sent our packet 3 checklist and fee reciept yesterday. Now if the medical results and the Cenomar get to the embassy we will be all set for the interview. 

Its almost over and I never want to see another form again for at least a week. Lol! Sending best wishes to everyone that your wait is short and you're with your loved ones soon  God Bless. Jon & Malen

Really happy for you!

Our case is now "ready"  So status so sent to the Hong Kong embassy I guess?

So I guess we are waiting for packet 3....??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
16 hours ago, Jonathan&Beatriz said:

The NVC Tracker says our case is

ready, I just submitted the Ds-160 online but I couldn't schedule the interview. In order to schedule, we need to create an account on the CASV - Rio de Janeiro US embassy, but it says that our case  number is not ready for the next step... don't know what to do right now.  I can't call them to talk about k-1 visa, they want me to do it through email... and I will have to wait 3-5 days to get an answer 🙄🙄🙄🙄

grrrr  I know ..... It's like give me a human to tlk to please.... !!! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
14 hours ago, javidango said:

Hi... Now your case should be ready to get transferred to local embassy. If you already have your case number you can track on CEAC website. 

Just check local US embassy website there should be a list of documents you will need to prepare for packet 3. And process after that actually varies embassy to embassy. For Thailand we need to courier these documents but we read for some one can only send via email. Hope it helps. Good luck.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
21 hours ago, gtiorobertsf said:

That's great.

What we did once we received the READY notice I called the embassy and the customer service rep verified information and then provided me with a date and time for both the Interview and Fingerprinting. She said that my fiancé would have to schedule the Medical appointment. After selecting the appointment I was transferred to and automated system that took my credit card and then a few hours later my fiancé (applicant) received a confirmation email. ( when calling NVC make sure they have your email and applicant on file).

Good news ! Looks like what I read was right that they update status around 15th of every month ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just found this subforum! We filed on December 12th, 2016. We got P3 on April 16th, I filled out the DS160 and emailed back on the same day, then received P4 and was able to schedule my interview on April 18th. Due to needing to come and go in the US for graduation, we scheduled our interview for June 14th, yesterday! I arrived in Montreal last Wednesday, the 7th, and did my medical apt at Medisys on Thursday the 8th.

June 14th: Interview at 9am, CEAC status change from "Ready" to "Application Received" (2pm)

June 15th: CEAC status change from "Application Received" to "Administrative Processing" (~10:30am)

June 15th: CEAC status change from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued" (11am)

I've been refreshing every few minutes and couldn't BELIEVE how quickly it went to issued. Crying and freaking out. Fingers crossed for tracking info soon because I'm picking up here in Montreal and just want it in my hands and for this part to be over! 

Edited by rj1990

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, rj1990 said:

Just found this subforum! We filed on December 12th, 2016. We got P3 on April 16th, I filled out the DS160 and emailed back on the same day, then received P4 and was able to schedule my interview on April 18th. Due to needing to come and go in the US for graduation, we scheduled our interview for June 14th, yesterday! 

June 14th: Interview at 9am, CEAC status change from "Ready" to "Application Received" (2pm)

June 15th: CEAC status change from "Application Received" to "Administrative Processing" (~10:30am)

June 15th: CEAC status change from "Administrative Processing" to "Issued" (11am)

I've been refreshing every few minutes and couldn't BELIEVE how quickly it went to issued. Crying and freaking out. Fingers crossed for tracking info soon because I'm picking up here in Montreal and just want it in my hands and for this part to be over! 

Congratulations! Glad that the process went quickly and smoothly for you. :D

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
46 minutes ago, GeeRaf said:

Our case is now marked "ready" but it's at the wrong embassy. :o

Ughh thats alright; just will take a lil extra time. You will need to send inquiries to the correct Embassy and  request them to contact wrong embassy to forward your petition to the right one. :( 

K1 Journey : Service Center: California Service Center + Consulate: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

USCIS I-129F Receive Date:  January 13th, 2017

USCIS I-129F NOA2 Date:  April 27th, 2017 (105 Active days )

NVC Received: May 19th, 2017

NVC Left : May 26th, 2017

Packet 3 Received : June 12th, 2017

Interview Date : July 28th, 2017  - Approved

AOS Journey: 

AOS package (I 485, I765, I131) sent: Jan 10th, 2018

USCIS Lockbox Chicago received: Jan 12th, 2018

NOA 1 hard copies received: Jan 22nd, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment Letter received: Jan 26th, 2018

Bio-metric Appointment date: Feb 6th, 2018

Interview date: April 23rd, 2018

Approval date: May 20th 2018

ROC Journey:

Package sent: 02/25/20

USCIS Lockbox Phoenix received: 02/27/20

Text received with case ; check cashed: 03/04/20

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.