2,670 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

August 30th? That's nearly 9 months from when you filed, that is crazy. :o

I really hope you and the others still waiting for NOA2 here get it soon, and certainly not in August because that would be an unbearable wait...

Thank you.

So i got an email from the NVC today with my case number...really weird, didn't know they did that, 

i went and checked the status and it says it is in transit and it says 

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

what does that mean, your interview date was provided to you by the NVC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
15 minutes ago, smedeiros said:

So i got an email from the NVC today with my case number...really weird, didn't know they did that, 

i went and checked the status and it says it is in transit and it says 

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

what does that mean, your interview date was provided to you by the NVC?

Congrats! No it just means it is in transit to your embassy.

Has anyone received "No Status"? If so, how long and what exactly does it mean. I'd love to follow up with NVC daily but holding up to an hour each time is a bit exhausting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
22 hours ago, hy2016 said:

Congrats! This week is 6 months for us :( we haven't heard back yet. 

I was thinking about you guys when we got ours. It would have been 6 months for us today. I really hope whatever lost pile our case was in was found, and yours was with it! Our tracker still hasn't updated, so keep an eye on the mail. Sending support your way! 

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
19 hours ago, tritruong85 said:

I finally was able to talk to a tier 2 immigration officer. And I got nothing useful out of the call.  After waiting 2 hours for a call back and being on hold for 5 more mins, I got the same answer "all you can do is wait, we are only one day pass your submission date. You can call us back after August 30th if you have not heard anything by then." 

It's just ridiculous that they cannot provide any kind of information. My experience with the tier 2 officers was much the same. :-( It's so frustrating. 

December 1, 2016: Mailed I-129F

December 6, 2016: Case Received

December 9, 2016: Notified by email 

December 11, 2016: NOA1 By Mail

December 11, 2016 - June 3, 2017: Waited and waited and waited, called, yelled, demanded answers. :-P

May 31, 2017: I-129F Approved 

June 3, 2017: NOA2 by email   

June 19, 2017: Called and received case number from NVC

June 21, 2017: Case received by consulate in South Africa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Kuben&Tiffany said:

I was thinking about you guys when we got ours. It would have been 6 months for us today. I really hope whatever lost pile our case was in was found, and yours was with it! Our tracker still hasn't updated, so keep an eye on the mail. Sending support your way! 

Thanks so much. I called yesterday and said that the officer assigned to our case has still not updated but has until 6/8 to do so, which is this Thursday! I will again then. Friday will mark our 6 months since NOA1. So so so depressing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi All,

We received our NVC and Invoice ID number today.

Theres two different numbers and wondered which ones are used for what documents and appointments?

ANy help will be appreciated.

R

43 minutes ago, hy2016 said:

Thanks so much. I called yesterday and said that the officer assigned to our case has still not updated but has until 6/8 to do so, which is this Thursday! I will again then. Friday will mark our 6 months since NOA1. So so so depressing.

Wow I wish that was the answer I was given. Please let me know if you get an answer this Thursday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Hi All,

Theres two different numbers and wondered which ones are used for what documents and appointments?

R

Hi! That was fast. I'm glad you didn't have to wait long. Did you guys get a letter? We're planning to call this week to check if we have a case # already. Wanted to wait the 3 weeks before calling. Lol. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, K&M's Journey said:

Hi! That was fast. I'm glad you didn't have to wait long. Did you guys get a letter? We're planning to call this week to check if we have a case # already. Wanted to wait the 3 weeks before calling. Lol. 

Ya it was fast. No letter with the NVC/Invoice ID (I called today with the WAC number and was able to get the NVC via telephone) but did get a hard copy in the mail about the NO2 approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Hi All,

R

Did you get your case number when you called? That's how you will track it to the embassy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.