2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hi, guys! How do I know that NVC got my case? Does it show on the same website that the NAO1? Or only by letter? How do I follow up on that? Thanks!

Unfortunately it doesn't show anywhere. You can call them at 603-334-0700. Start calling two weeks after your NOA2 approval. Once you get your case number you can check your status on http://www.ceac.state.gov

Edited by swiss polar bear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Unfortinately it doesn't show anywhere. You can call them at 603-334-0700. Start calling two weeks after your NOA2 approval. Once you get your case number you can check your status on http://www.ceac.state.gov

Do they give us the case number by phone? Will they email or mail us it? I know that mail can take quite a few days to receive it. But thanks for the link to the website.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Do they give us the case number by phone? Will they email or mail us it? I know that mail can take quite a few days to receive it. But thanks for the link to the website.

Yes, they give it by phone. I heard they send out letters with the case number as well but you don't want to wait that long :P

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all! I'm an early December filer and my fiance had his interview in Bogota on Tuesday, May 2nd and we were approved!! :D

I just wanted to share my experience. Throughout my whole K1 process, I was living with my fiance in Colombia. (I have a work visa) and the whole time I feared that they wouldn't approve us because they would ask like why wouldn't we get married in Colombia and apply for the C1 visa..  and ..well .. in the end they never asked about us living together during the interview and all they asked was a bunch of yes/no questions like: if he had ever married before, if he had kids, if he had traveled to the US before, and how we met. It was a very quick interview.

I understand not everyone is in our situation where we were able to live in the same country together and do the process together, but I wish everybody luck! :wub: This whole process isn't easy and at times can be scary because you invest a lot of money and time into gathering everything perfectly. So I am with you! My two cents is as long as you have a legitimate relationship whether it's long distance or living abroad together and you've got everything (documents) together, you've got nothing to fear! ^_^  I know everybody here on VisaJourney seek help and comfort from other folks and we're all in this together. I support you all and wish you all the best with your journey! 

Edited by yogabbaz
Spoiler

AoS

August 22, 2017 - USCIS received 485, 131, 765 forms

August 24, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date for 485, 131, 765

August 25, 2017 - Biometrics Notice Date 

September 15, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment for 485 and 765 Completed 

March 30, 2018 - Received RFE for I-131 (in hand April 5th) It was a request for more information because I (wife) filled the preparer's section of the form *face palm*

April 11, 2018 - USCIS  notification that our RFIE was received. 

May 18, 2018 - email from USCIS "new card is being produced" (269 days)

May 23, 2018 - Card was Mailed to me (e-notification)

May 25, 2018 - NOAs for EAD/AP approval  (mail)

May 26, 2018 - received combo card!! 

June 20, 2018 - Green Card Interview Date Notice

July 26, 2018 - Green Card Interview

August 3, 2018 - Green Card in hand!!

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

December 2, 2016 - sent I-129F packet from Cartagena to my US mailing address

December 5, 2016 - my mom sent I-129F pack to Lewsville, TX

Decmber 6, 2016 - I-129F packet received

December 9. 2016 - NOA1 e-notification receipt

December 15, 2016 - NOA1 hardcopy

March 8, 2017 - NOA2 APPROVED

March 21, 2017 - NVC CASE # 

April 26-29 - Lab, Medical Exam, and Fingerprints done

May 2, 2017 - Interview in Bogotá  && APPROVED!

July 19, 2017 -THE LOML & I TRAVEL TO USA

July 27, 2017 - Married 

This wait between NOA2 and NVC receipt of our case is a weird one. No app to sporadically check every day! Also, everything we could do in this waiting period we have already done or is in progress. Hopefully NVC will finally receive the case and we can get a case number soon.

Good luck to everyone in the coming week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Okay, guys. I ran the scan today, and the results are a little odd, but I'll post them none the less.

Here's the data as of 5/6/3017 at 1200:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WEAKSYM4hKr83GzBF5OmIfI-NiNiOI4oXtSTM9UEtNU/edit?usp=sharing

December Cases Untouched as of 5/6/2017 at 1200: 314

Total Cases Touched on 5/4: 2

Approvals: 0
RFEs: 1
Other: 1

Total Cases Touched on 5/5: 0
RFEs: 0
Other: 0

There seem to be a couple more incorrect dates each day, as in dates recorded later this month and even next month that, obviously, are statistical glitches. Perhaps more things happened in these past few days than the above data shows, and it was recorded within those wrong dates in the future. I really don't know. Hopefully we'll see more promising trends next week.

Okay, guys. I ran the scan today, and the results are a little odd, but I'll post them none the less.

Here's the data as of 5/6/3017 at 1200:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WEAKSYM4hKr83GzBF5OmIfI-NiNiOI4oXtSTM9UEtNU/edit?usp=sharing

December Cases Untouched as of 5/6/2017 at 1200: 314

Total Cases Touched on 5/4: 2

RFEs: 1
Other: 1

Total Cases Touched on 5/5: 0
RFEs: 0
Other: 0

There seem to be a couple more incorrect dates each day, as in dates recorded later this month and even next month that, obviously, are statistical glitches. Perhaps more things happened in these past few days than the above data shows, and it was recorded within those wrong dates in the future. I really don't know. Hopefully we'll see more promising trends next week.

Thanks for the update yea hope to see some good stuff this week.im waitinnforna response for rfe i sent in a week ago . They need to get a move on lol 

This wait between NOA2 and NVC receipt of our case is a weird one. No app to sporadically check every day! Also, everything we could do in this waiting period we have already done or is in progress. Hopefully NVC will finally receive the case and we can get a case number soon.

You and I are on the exact same date! Hopefully this week!!!! 

Timeline

Nvc received our case two weeks ago but until now we dont have assigned case number🙁

Timeline

Did you call again? If NVC received your case you should update your timeline. 

They got it april 21 since then my fiance start calling everyday and dealing with 45 minutes call on hold afterward he will heard the frustrating words that they dont have the assigned case number. I badly need that number for cenomar since it takes a month to received it overseas

They got it april 21 since then my fiance start calling everyday and dealing with 45 minutes call on hold afterward he will heard the frustrating words that they dont have the assigned case number. I badly need that number for cenomar since it takes a month to received it overseas

NVC received it after 4 days? That's almost unheard of I think. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Thanks for the update yea hope to see some good stuff this week.im waitinnforna response for rfe i sent in a week ago . They need to get a move on lol 

You're welcome! Yeah, wish it was better news, and I'm hoping for good things next week, too. Good luck with your RFE response!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since when? I thought you needed the interview appointment confirmation to get in. 

That's what I did.  I don't have interview appointment when I undergone my medical examination on March 29, 2017. I just presented the screenshot of my case status READY with the case number on it, along with the other requirements for medical exam.

After I passed the medical exam, I paid the visa fee on March31,2017. The same day, I made an appointment for my interview. April11 , had my inteview and was approved 😀 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.