2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm still waiting for NOA2 and hoping my fiancé will be here for 4th of July (he wants to see the fireworks), but if that doesn't happen he at least needs to be here by October, as that is when our wedding is tentatively scheduled. :P

Edited by RJandHamid

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ashley Scott said:

Day 100 here.  We are a 12/23 received date so hoping to hear something soon (hoping we ALL hear something soon :) ).  We really want to have my fiancé here for my family beach trip the first week of July so we need USCIS to get with it.  I cant even imagine how the November and early December filers that haven't heard back are feeling right now.  Fingers crossed that they all get their approvals soon!!

It Better be TRUE!!!!  hahahahaha  waiting here too.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.. When I woke up few minutes ago, I tried to track my VISA Status to NVC...

Says: In Transit

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center.

Questions:

1. Does it mean that it's on its way to USEM?

2. Why they provided me an interview date? I thought I need to call them to apply for an interview schedule? I'm confused.

3. How long does it take to receive here in USEM?

Hope to receive answers to these questions... Thank you in advance....

Edited by Edric&Setchie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

Questions:

1. Does it mean that it's on its way to USEM?        YES

2. Why they provided me an interview date? I thought I need to call them to apply for an interview schedule? I'm confused.   Well, they will provide it to you once they receive the paperwork..and you respond to it!! this is just USCIS notification getting a bit ahead of the process.

3. don't know.. am sure other vjers will know.

ditto   Also Medical date, too, to schedule.   Remember that this must be done far enough in advance to send the results on her interview day stamped to the embassy.  (The send it over officially)   

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, M3chwarrior said:

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with the NVC...They said they received my package this morning, and that it would take about two weeks to process. I didn't get any sort of numbers or barcode...should she have given it to me then, or has it not been done yet, which is what the two weeks is for?

Thanks in advance guys!

Yes, they have to run a background check (Name check) and then give you a case number. I guess they just received it. Call back tomorrow and say you want to find out if they have received your case.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dee elle said:

Questions:

1. Does it mean that it's on its way to USEM?        YES

2. Why they provided me an interview date? I thought I need to call them to apply for an interview schedule? I'm confused.   Well, they will provide it to you once they receive the paperwork..and you respond to it!! this is just USCIS notification getting a bit ahead of the process.

3. don't know.. am sure other vjers will know.

Thank you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Roger & Grace said:

ditto   Also Medical date, too, to schedule.   Remember that this must be done far enough in advance to send the results on her interview day stamped to the embassy.  (The send it over officially)   

Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Finally Got My NOA2 letter in the mail

today, usually takes a week from the date USCIS mailed it. When do you guys think I should start calling NVC for my case number ? 

Best Wishes for everyone who is still awaiting approvals! God is with us all! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Queen30 said:

Finally Got My NOA2 letter in the mail

today, usually takes a week from the date USCIS mailed it. When do you guys think I should start calling NVC for my case number ? 

Best Wishes for everyone who is still awaiting approvals! God is with us all! 

Congrats! Give it a week  and then start calling them daily.

6 hours ago, Herhorizon said:

Clarification to this post. My fiancée worked and lived in Dubai for 11 months but only was in Hong Kong for 3 months. So based on what is stated in that link for the Required Documents for visa interview she will need a police report from Dubai but will she need a police report from Hong Kong if she was only there for 3 months? Please, some advice on this will be greatly appreciated as we should be getting our NOA2 very shortly and want her to start obtaining the police reports as quickly as possible from these places so she can have everything ready for her visa interview.

Thanks

Yes she needs to get police clearance from UAE. It can be obtained via their website. Here's the web: https://www.moi.gov.ae

Called NVC non-immigrant number. The guy told me to call back in 6 weeks. He told me his system states i was approved on 3/24. The uscis website now says i was approved on the 3/22 but i printed the initial approval date from the web and it stated 3/21. Weird!! Anyway, waiting we go.

Hope you guys get approval soon. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Questions: What you guys think is more appropriate for US Embassy (one of the documents for affidavit of support)?? 

1) Job Letter / Employer Verifivation with company letterhead that states the start date is employment, work performed and current salary.    

OR 

2) Pay Stubs 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, nortonplus said:

Called NVC non-immigrant number. The guy told me to call back in 6 weeks. He told me his system states i was approved on 3/24. The uscis website now says i was approved on the 3/22 but i printed the initial approval date from the web and it stated 3/21. Weird!! Anyway, waiting we go.

Hope you guys get approval soon. 

I called today, they received my case but told me to call back in 2 weeks for case #

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Queen30 said:

Questions: What you guys think is more appropriate for US Embassy (one of the documents for affidavit of support)?? 

1) Job Letter / Employer Verifivation with company letterhead that states the start date is employment, work performed and current salary.    

OR 

2) Pay Stubs 

Both

K1 visa adventure 

02/01/2017- I-129F packet send to Dallas

02/13/2017- NoA1 hard copy (notice date 02/07, received date 02/03)

05/05/2017- NOA2 (hard copy received by mail 05/11, no e-notification)

05/25/2017- NVC number receiveD

06/19/2017- Embassy Interview: APPROVED!

06/26/2017- POE Boston

09/02/2017- we got married!

AOS adventure

02/20/2018- AOS send via USPS

02/23/2018- AOS received 

03/14/2018- text and email notifications

03/13/2018- NOA notice date (i-485, i-131)

04/04/2018- biometrics appointment (I-485)

04/18/2018- case ready for scheduling Interview 

05/24/2018- EAD approved (expedited on 05/04)

06/01/2018- EAD delivered to me

07/30/2018- AP approved

08/01/2018- AP approval notice received in the mail

01/10/2019-  Interview- approved on the spot

01/17/2019- Green Card received by mail

ROC adventure

10/16/2020- I-751 packet sent to Phoenix,AZ

10/19/2020- delivered to AZ lockbox by USPS

11/02/2020- Notice date

11/4/2020- check cashed and text- SRC

11/10/2020- received NOA extension letter for 18 months 

12/16/2020- Case transferred to NBC

02/10/2021- New Card is Being Produced

02/24/2021- GC received in the mailbox :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.