ScaredyFelix

Ohio State active shooter reported; suspect dead, 8 injured [corrected title]

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds Islamophobic, he died for Allah.

Lots of virgins.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I care about the many hundreds killed every year in Chicago by illegal gun owners in a tightly controlled city

We have all read your teary eyed posts on the subject.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

Yes, foreign born and a funny name so onward Christian soldiers!

I just got back home from being in East Texas and fishing for 2 days.. No internet, no news. But it seems as if they are saying ISIS inspired.

You sir tend to be the type of person whom sticks there head in the sand and is scared to look around and confront reality. One can't be scared to call a spade a spade, this being politically correct stuff keeps getting US Citizens killed or injured. This is getting old, and ISIS / Al Queda is doing there best to disrupt our way of life in the USA.

It is time for the USA to protect ourselves and stop taking people from countries where ISIS has strong holds.

I just got back home from being in East Texas and fishing for 2 days.. No internet, no news. But it seems as if they are saying ISIS inspired.

You sir tend to be the type of person whom sticks there head in the sand and is scared to look around and confront reality. One can't be scared to call a spade a spade, this being politically correct stuff keeps getting US Citizens killed or injured. This is getting old, and ISIS / Al Queda is doing there best to disrupt our way of life in the USA.

It is time for the USA to protect ourselves and stop taking people from countries where ISIS has strong holds.

it's called xenophobia, and you're riddled with it. with all of the refugees that live in this country, that love this country, that contribute to the benefit of this country, you should be ashamed of yourself for not recognizing your own little plot of sand and well worn head hole..

You sir, seem to want to believe extreme measures must be taken despite the relatively miniscule impact (not minimizing the actual victims of actual Islamic terrorist attacks on US soil) and rarity, most especially compared to the daily US gun carnage and violence committed by other means in the US.

Sorry but the number of Muslims in the US, refugees, native born, immigrants etc do not add up to the extreme measures you and Tweetsolini Trump advocate dumping the Constitution and historic desire to be inclusive to combat.

None of the above indicates, nor should be construed as my failing to recognize that ISIS aren't horrible people with a seriously bent agenda, nor that I don't think they desire to cause harm on US soil.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

Much better to wait until it becomes a major issue and harder to deal with.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Much better to wait until it becomes a major issue and harder to deal with.

Not really, but it's the 'solution' and extremely anti-Constitutional nature of the holders of the position have that is the much larger problem on US soil right now.

I am sure Tweetsolini will solve this once he takes the oath.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

Not really, but it's the 'solution' and extremely anti-Constitutional nature of the holders of the position have that is the much larger problem on US soil right now.

I am sure Tweetsolini will solve this once he takes the oath.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Constitution_is_not_a_suicide_pact

"The Constitution is not a suicide pact" is a phrase in American political and legal discourse. The phrase expresses the belief that constitutional restrictions on governmental power must be balanced against the need for survival of the state and its people. It is most often attributed to Abraham Lincoln, as a response to charges that he was violating the United States Constitution by suspending habeas corpus during the American Civil War. Although the phrase echoes statements made by Lincoln, and although versions of the sentiment have been advanced at various times in American history, the precise phrase "suicide pact" was first used by Justice Robert H. Jackson in his dissenting opinion in Terminiello v. Chicago, a 1949 free speech case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. The phrase also appears in the same context in Kennedy v. Mendoza-Martinez, a 1963 U.S. Supreme Court decision written by Justice Arthur Goldberg.
Edited by Boiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Constitution_is_not_a_suicide_pact

"The Constitution is not a suicide pact" is a phrase in American political and legal discourse. The phrase expresses the belief that constitutional restrictions on governmental power must be balanced against the need for survival of the state and its people. It is most often attributed to Abraham Lincoln, as a response to charges that he was violating the United States Constitution by suspending habeas corpus during the American Civil War. Although the phrase echoes statements made by Lincoln, and although versions of the sentiment have been advanced at various times in American history, the precise phrase "suicide pact" was first used by Justice Robert H. Jackson in his dissenting opinion in Terminiello v. Chicago, a 1949 free speech case decided by the U.S. Supreme Court. The phrase also appears in the same context in Kennedy v. Mendoza-Martinez, a 1963 U.S. Supreme Court decision written by Justice Arthur Goldberg.

That is a slippery slope. Even during the Civil War I think we could have easily gone too far.

I could also make the case that the phrase could apply to the Second Amendments and restricting access to weapons. Not saying we SHOULD do that, I'm just saying I think it is a hard idea to know when and how to apply.

EDIT: Also, you should have quotations around that entire text since you just copy/pasted it from the Wikipedia article.

Edited by bcking

Timeline

Just pointing out that this is not the first time this situation has had to be addressed and it will not be the last.

Anyway I thought the Constitution is a living breathing document?

Just pointing out that this is not the first time this situation has had to be addressed and it will not be the last.

Anyway I thought the Constitution is a living breathing document?

I completely agree. I think the original writers never attended for us to hold up the constitution as this ultimately heavenly god given tome. I think we need to adjust it to fit our needs.

I just think you can't pick and choose. If you want to fight tooth and nail for the 2nd amendment, but say maybe we need to reconsider others, that is a little hypocritical. Not saying you personally think this. I can just predict people applying the idea of change to certain aspects of the constitution while still thinking others (2nd amendment) should be written in stone.

Timeline

I am not saying we need to reconsider others, the issues being discussed here are not certainly in the main a Constitutional issue, you could say that without action the 2nd becomes more important.

I am not saying we need to reconsider others, the issues being discussed here are not certainly in the main a Constitutional issue, you could say that without action the 2nd becomes more important.

I mean I agree that immigration isn't really a "Constitutional" issue since the constitution doesn't actually grant the federal govern any control over immigration. However, if we aren't talking about a constitution issue then why did you bring up the quote regarding "the constitution is not a suicide pact"? Doesn't really apply here since the constitution doesn't really apply to immigration. People more knowledgeable about law and government can weigh in but I'm not even sure if the federal government could pass a "ban" on certain groups of people. I believe states could overrule the "ban" since it is not a constitutionally given federal power.