ScaredyFelix

Ohio State active shooter reported; suspect dead, 8 injured [corrected title]

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Well…..there was ONE gun involved there.

Right, but that's not what he was talking about. Do you think the outcome would have been better if there were several guns involved? I'm not sure how you make that case in this particular instance. If anything, this situation shows the opposite occurred.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Actually, this situation proves what I (and others here) have said all along... If a person wishes to do harm, they will do so. Having or not having a gun matters little. The gun is not the culprit, it is the evil human spirit that does the damage.

Right, but that's not what he was talking about. Do you think the outcome would have been better if there were several guns involved? I'm not sure how you make that case in this particular instance. If anything, this situation shows the opposite occurred.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did they have whistles?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

If students would of been allowed to carry, then maybe this crime never would of happened since he knew he was going into a protected area. Instead he knows he is going into an area where guns are banned. And once he got out of the vehicle and started slicing people thankfully a LEO was close and was able to stop him.

At first the crime was being reported as if an active shooter was the terrorist.

Reporting now it very possible it was terrorist related on Fox News.

Yes, foreign born and a funny name so onward Christian soldiers!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

If students would of been allowed to carry, then maybe this crime never would of happened since he knew he was going into a protected area. Instead he knows he is going into an area where guns are banned. And once he got out of the vehicle and started slicing people thankfully a LEO was close and was able to stop him.

At first the crime was being reported as if an active shooter was the terrorist.

Or maybe he would have been fully armed and killed one or more people before they stopped him. It doesn't sound like he was looking for soft targets. Just snapped on his way to where he always went.

We actually had a period in our history where everyone walked around armed. To the extent that it made individuals safer, it made random acts of violence worse. The trade off was such that many old frontier towns banned concealed carry and outlawed firearms within town limits. Often visitors had to check their weapons with the sheriff when they arrived at town. That was the response of the people who actually lived it. I'm sure they had a reason for that.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Yes, foreign born and a funny name so onward Christian soldiers!

Soldier for Allah

Blessings be upon him

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Suspect Identified in Ohio State Attack as Abdul Razak Ali Artan

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/active-shooter-reported-ohio-state-university-campus-n689076

An Ohio State University student posted a rant shortly before he plowed a car into a campus crowd and stabbed people with a butcher knife in an ambush that ended when a police officer shot him dead, a law enforcement official said.

Abdul Razak Ali Artan, 18, wrote on what appears to be his Facebook page that he had reached a "boiling point," made a reference to "lone wolf attacks" and cited radical cleric Anwar al-Awlaki. snip snip

Yes, it was called the 70s & 80s. Kids brought guns to school, left them in their vehicles (usually trucks). And knives in our pockets. I don't recall there being an uptick in school shootings or stabbings. It's not just the availability of weapons, it is the mindset of the individuals that is causing this.

The period to which you refer, guns were used to settle small disagreements. Call someone a name such as happens here in CEHST almost daily, and you'd get called out and either shoot or get shot. We have advanced from there.

We actually had a period in our history where everyone walked around armed.{/b] To the extent that it made individuals safer, it made random acts of violence worse. The trade off was such that many old frontier towns banned concealed carry and outlawed firearms within town limits. Often visitors had to check their weapons with the sheriff when they arrived at town. That was the response of the people who actually lived it. I'm sure they had a reason for that.

There, there, Little Fella. You should know better than to post a Faux not-so-news link in here. You just gone and asked to be ostracized. I'd report you, but I don't think this one is on the list just yet.

I learned when I was a Network manager.

To solve a problem

When did it last work

What has changed

Then more than likely that is your problem

Gun access has not changed , if anything it's gotten more restricted.

It's that simple

And you Sir, win the Internets for the day. Great method of problem solving. Unfortunately, people often don't want to look within. They would rather focus on things as the issue than people. Much easier to get rid of a thing than to ask people to change.

To solve a problem

When did it last work

What has changed

It's that simple

To solve a problem

When did it last work

What has changed

It's that simple

When did owning guns ever really work without problems?

For me, my entire life. Have never had a problem with a gun, and have owned one since I was seven.

When did large numbers of very diverse people ever get along without problems?

When did owning guns ever really work without problems?

Edited by LFEHFN