ScaredyFelix

Ohio State active shooter reported; suspect dead, 8 injured [corrected title]

104 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hmmm

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

LPR so not homegrown

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greenland
Timeline

Another case of lonewolf terrorism. :ranting:

Spoiler
Adjustment Of Status:

06/25/2015: AOS/EAD/AP package Sent to USCIS

06/30/2015: Package received
07/03/2015: NOA1 hard copies received
07/10/2015: Biometrics appointment letter received
07/18/2015: RFE notice
07/23/2015: Biometrics appointment
07/24/2015: RFE hardcopy received
07/27/2015: RFE response sent via USPS express
07/29/2015: RFE received
08/24/2015: EAD/AP Card production/Approved
08/28/2015: EAD approval letter received
08/28/2015: EAD/AP Card Mailed
08/31/2015: EAD/AP Card received
09/03/2015: Applied for SSN
09/11/2015: SSN received
11/30/2015: AOS interview (no decision)
02/20/2016: RFE2: New medical
02/25/2016: New Medical completed/submitted
03/04/2016: Approved/Card Production
03/08/2016: Green card mailed
03/11/2016: 10 Year Green card in hand :dance:

Naturalization:
04/11/2019: N-400 filed online
04/13/2019: Biometrics appointment scheduled
04/16/2019: Biometrics letter mailed
04/30/2019: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

He was just a self hating Islamic terrorist. Just acting out from oppression.

He was a gentle child. Some would say that his actions on his final day were questionable, but no one can deny that he was one of the most charitable blood donors at Ohio State. In his spare time, between woking in the library and classes, he volunteered his time at a local butcher shop.

Timeline

Seems RoP motivated according to CNN.

Arrived from Pakistan 2 years ago.

Timeline

What was he doing there?

Peace Studies

What was he doing there?

Peace Studies

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Here is another place where Guns are not allowed on Campus.

Remember the wolf always goes to the sheep, never to the Shepard

There were no guns involved here. Fortunately, no one except the suspect is dead. What makes you presume the outcome would have been better if everyone was armed.

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

There were no guns involved here. Fortunately, no one except the suspect is dead. What makes you presume the outcome would have been better if everyone was armed.

Well…..there was ONE gun involved there.

Timeline
From the archives: Ohio State attacker featured in ‘Humans of Ohio State’

By Kevin Stankiewicz and Jay Panandiker: stankiewicz.16@osu.edu and panandiker.1@osu.edu November 28, 2016 96 Comments

Please follow and like us:
default_facebook.png
default_google.png
default_twitter.png
Humans-of-Ohio-State-353x530.jpg

Abdul Razak Artan sits pensively on the Oval. Credit: Kevin Stankiewicz | Oller Reporter

On Monday afternoon, the Ohio State Department of Public Safety released the name of the suspect involved in the violent incident near Watts Hall — Abdul Razak Ali Artan, a third-year in logistics management. The Lantern had interviewed Artan as part of Humans of Ohio State, a print-only feature in The Lantern’s Arts&Life section. Below, The Lantern has reproduced the same interview that appeared in the Aug. 25 issue of the paper. The text below is a direct quote from Artan.

“I just transferred from Columbus State. We had prayer rooms, like actual rooms where we could go pray because we Muslims have to pray five times a day.

“There’s Fajr, which is early in the morning, at dawn. Then Zuhr during the daytime, then Asr in the evening, like right about now. And then Maghrib, which is like right at sunset and then Isha at night. I wanted to pray Asr. I mean, I’m new here. This is my first day. This place is huge, and I don’t even know where to pray.

“I wanted to pray in the open, but I was scared with everything going on in the media. I’m a Muslim, it’s not what the media portrays me to be. If people look at me, a Muslim praying, I don’t know what they’re going to think, what’s going to happen. But, I don’t blame them. It’s the media that put that picture in their heads so they’re just going to have it and it, it’s going to make them feel uncomfortable. I was kind of scared right now. But I just did it. I relied on God. I went over to the corner and just prayed.”

For a PDF version of this story from the original publication date, Aug. 25, click here.