m@s

Abou To divorce .... need advice

12 posts in this topic

hello guys

I am here in usa for 2 month ago cr1 visa and i have 2 years green card but recently i have many problems with my american wife

and we feel its so hard for our relation to success so we r getting divorce and i need ur advice how not losing my green card after the 2 years finish any ideas ?

my second question what if in this 2 years getting marry from us citizen after i divorce is it possible and how the procedure gonna be ?

thanx guys .... i really need ur help i can't lose the green card

well number one, I'd suggest saving the marriage before worrying about your greencard. two months isn't a long time especially in your position. havee you two attempted marriage counselling?

we tried but its so hard to continue our life like that

Two duplicate threads removed.

Please only post your question once.

I remember you from the NVC thread - you got case complete just a week or so before me (October this year).

How can you have been in the US for 2 months already?

Marriage takes work - don't give up after such a short amount of time.

*~*~*moved from "removing conditions" to "major family changes" - OP is a long way from removing conditions*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Two duplicate threads removed.

Please only post your question once.

I remember you from the NVC thread - you got case complete just a week or so before me (October this year).

How can you have been in the US for 2 months already?

Marriage takes work - don't give up after such a short amount of time.

*~*~*moved from "removing conditions" to "major family changes" - OP is a long way from removing conditions*~*~*

sorry to duplicate and regarding the post its for my friend not my case

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Like to be current, times change.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

my second question what if in this 2 years getting marry from us citizen after i divorce is it possible and how the procedure gonna be ?

Not sure I understand this question. Are you asking if you'd have any issues marrying another USC after your divorce? If so, they it just sounds that you're leaving your wife because you met someone else. Would explain why you care more about the green card than your current marriage.

You can always do roc on your own after the divorce. IF YOU PROVE that your marriage was legitimate and entered in a good faith - which I doubt will work if you divorce after just couple of months.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as the op closed their account, this thread is now closed too.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.