enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hey y'all!! I called USCIS last week. My status is still RFE received and I have my EAD already. Since march my status hasn't updated. So I called them to see what's going on about the interview and the guy said my case is still at the NBC but I can still receive an interview letter ?! What does this mean? I thought the case had to be transferred in order to get an interview date?

Edited by Mthldou

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Our case is still on "Fingerprint Fee Received" since November 16th.  We did biometrics on 12/6 and got the EAD card in February.  It seems like a lot of people who filed after us are already approved.  Anybody still in this situation?

On 5/18/2017 at 7:48 PM, samack said:

I don't have my EAD yet either and we have similar timelines. I don't know if you've seen my other posts, but I was in contact with our congressman's office and they found out that USCIS had just never updated my I-765 or I-131 to show that they had received the response to the RFIE, so they were sitting there for two months with no activity. When they discovered it, they pulled my file and sent it to the expedite office but that was over two weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything. I've called USCIS multiple times and submitted a service request for the I-765 and I-131 and haven't gotten any actual information. I also contacted my senator's office and tried to contact the congressman's liaison that had been helping me and neither have responded. I have no idea what's taking so long and I can't get information from anyone.

I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm pretty worried about the fact that I can't give them any kind of solid timeline, but the congressman's liaison said a job offer might help her get them to speed things up. Hopefully I actually get an offer because that's pretty much the last resort. We're on day 178. 

So have you had any progress on your case?

I got to speak with an IO.  They said that they are still waiting on background checks from the FBI (they wont find anything).  STILL??!!  What's interesting though is that he did not have same biometrics date on file.  I went twice and when the third appointment came through, USCIS told me I didn't need to go to it -  but I have never received anything to confirm that I went to the first two appointments. He told me that I had to wait until 30 days for them to respond to the SR.  At day 18 I believe, I called again, the tier 1 person said that there is still no response to SR (so it wasn't in the mail).  Tomorrow is day 30 so I will call again and find out what the hell is going on.  This is crazy.  Seems like we are the only two people still waiting on EAD/AP, GC feels like a million miles away right now.  If no progress tomorrow I will take it to our congressman AND put in an expedite request.  My FIL is has been waiting with a job offer in hand pretty much since the day I arrived in the US. :-(

Edited by Wes&Charlotte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Anyone checking online to see what's up with their case status needn't bother - mine has not changed at all yet I got a letter inviting me to interview yesterday. Their entire system is so flawed!

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Wes&Charlotte said:

So have you had any progress on your case?

I got to speak with an IO.  They said that they are still waiting on background checks from the FBI (they wont find anything).  STILL??!!  What's interesting though is that he did not have same biometrics date on file.  I went twice and when the third appointment came through, USCIS told me I didn't need to go to it -  but I have never received anything to confirm that I went to the first two appointments. He told me that I had to wait until 30 days for them to respond to the SR.  At day 18 I believe, I called again, the tier 1 person said that there is still no response to SR (so it wasn't in the mail).  Tomorrow is day 30 so I will call again and find out what the hell is going on.  This is crazy.  Seems like we are the only two people still waiting on EAD/AP, GC feels like a million miles away right now.  If no progress tomorrow I will take it to our congressman AND put in an expedite request.  My FIL is has been waiting with a job offer in hand pretty much since the day I arrived in the US. :-(

Still nothing.

If I were the type to believe in conspiracy theories, and this was the kind of thing that could have a conspiracy issue, my tinhat would be going crazy right now. I called USCIS a couple of weeks ago and got transferred to a tier 2 agent, so I had to wait for a call back. When he finally called, he was both pretty rude and entirely unhelpful and told me that they "don't have access to any information and can't see updates". I know that's incorrect because I've spoken to one before and because the person who transferred me said they'd be able to give me more information. I emailed the congressman's liaison I've been speaking to (for about two months now) a couple of weeks ago and, after not hearing anything back for a week, emailed her again on Monday to see what was going on. She told me that she had contacted them again, was promised a call back on Wednesday, and that she was "more and more convinced they'd dropped the ball on the case". Wednesday came and she didn't contact me, so I emailed AGAIN on Friday and she didn't reply. It's almost like she's dodging me. Tomorrow's a holiday so I doubt any offices will be open, but on Tuesday I'm going to actually call a senator's office and USCIS again to hopefully talk to a more helpful tier 2 agent. I guess I do have a little bit of conspiracy theory thinking going on because I'm getting "more and more convinced" that the liaison is lying to me and isn't actually contacting anyone. 

Is there any reason why you've had to do biometrics multiple times? I did mine on January 13th and haven't heard anything about it again. Maybe that's part of the problem somehow but there doesn't seem to be anybody anywhere who will actually tell me what the hold-up is now. My case has supposedly been at the expedite office for over 3 weeks now, and it's been way over the 30 days the liaison first told me it would take for them to process my file when she found out in April they'd accepted our RFIE evidence. 

The job offer should definitely help, though. If you can get it on official company letterhead you should lead with that when you contact your congressman's office. The liaison told me that if I had one she could use it to "maybe speed things up a bit", but at this point I'm just lucky I've been called back for a second interview on Friday.

I honestly don't know what's going on with our cases, or why this is happening.

Filed: Timeline
19 hours ago, rsilva said:

Our case is still on "Fingerprint Fee Received" since November 16th.  We did biometrics on 12/6 and got the EAD card in February.  It seems like a lot of people who filed after us are already approved.  Anybody still in this situation?

for my mother we are still in this state.

my father's case was approved without interview a month ago and his was filed one day after my mothers so.. its hardly a first come first serve situation. not sure what is taking my mother's case this long since the case is as simple as it could be. i have made a service request to see if that moves anything forward.

2006 - Entered US on F-1
2009 - COS to H-1
2011 - Married USC

Conditional GC Process:
04/2012 - Concurrent I-130 petition / I-485 AOS / I-765 EAD / I-131 AP sent
35 days to biometrics, 73 days to EAD/AP combo card, 85 days to interview, 96 days to Conditional Green Card

04/2014 - Eligible for ROC

06/2014 - I-751 package filing joint with spouse sent

5 days to extension,37 days to biometrics, 172 days to CSC transfer, 247 days to Green Card

04/2015 - Eligible for Citizenship

09/2015 - N-400 package filing on basis of USC spouse sent

29 days to biometrics, 105 days to interview, 147 days to oath and US citizenship

~ 9 years and 6 months from first entry to US citizenship

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Wow congrats to all of the GC holders! It's nice to see some updates here :)

On 5/27/2017 at 11:44 PM, rsilva said:

I filed after you but still waiting. Hoping to get an update in July or August. Patience :):)

Edit: Lol I just saw my timeline and we filed November 16th too xD haha but hang on! our time will come :)

Edited by clauandgio

AOS

Date Event
11-16-2016 AOS package sent (i-485, 1-765, 1-864, g-325a)
11-21-2016 AOS package delivered to Chicago lockbox. *Day 0*
12-08-2016 NOA1's by text (@ 11:59 pm ET) *Day 17*
12-15-2016 NOA1 hard copies in mail *Day 24*
12-23-2016 Biometrics appointment in mail *Day 32*
01-06-2017 Biometrics done *Day 46*
03-02-2017 EAD is now being produced! yay!! *Day 101*
03-010-2017 EAD in mail! *Day 109*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/28/2017 at 0:20 PM, thrashunreal said:

Anyone checking online to see what's up with their case status needn't bother - mine has not changed at all yet I got a letter inviting me to interview yesterday. Their entire system is so flawed!

Our case status never updated from biometrics until after our interview.  Then it finally updated to approved and again to card mailed.  Sorry you all are having this difficulty ☹️

On 5/28/2017 at 1:16 PM, samack said:

Still nothing.

If I were the type to believe in conspiracy theories, and this was the kind of thing that could have a conspiracy issue, my tinhat would be going crazy right now. I called USCIS a couple of weeks ago and got transferred to a tier 2 agent, so I had to wait for a call back. When he finally called, he was both pretty rude and entirely unhelpful and told me that they "don't have access to any information and can't see updates". I know that's incorrect because I've spoken to one before and because the person who transferred me said they'd be able to give me more information. I emailed the congressman's liaison I've been speaking to (for about two months now) a couple of weeks ago and, after not hearing anything back for a week, emailed her again on Monday to see what was going on. She told me that she had contacted them again, was promised a call back on Wednesday, and that she was "more and more convinced they'd dropped the ball on the case". Wednesday came and she didn't contact me, so I emailed AGAIN on Friday and she didn't reply. It's almost like she's dodging me. Tomorrow's a holiday so I doubt any offices will be open, but on Tuesday I'm going to actually call a senator's office and USCIS again to hopefully talk to a more helpful tier 2 agent. I guess I do have a little bit of conspiracy theory thinking going on because I'm getting "more and more convinced" that the liaison is lying to me and isn't actually contacting anyone. 

Is there any reason why you've had to do biometrics multiple times? I did mine on January 13th and haven't heard anything about it again. Maybe that's part of the problem somehow but there doesn't seem to be anybody anywhere who will actually tell me what the hold-up is now. My case has supposedly been at the expedite office for over 3 weeks now, and it's been way over the 30 days the liaison first told me it would take for them to process my file when she found out in April they'd accepted our RFIE evidence. 

The job offer should definitely help, though. If you can get it on official company letterhead you should lead with that when you contact your congressman's office. The liaison told me that if I had one she could use it to "maybe speed things up a bit", but at this point I'm just lucky I've been called back for a second interview on Friday.

I just ran around the house screaming!  Was just about to go walk the dog as usual, and decided to check it online now before I call USCIS again later and I almost fell over with shock!  Of course there's nobody home to share my excitement with :-(  MY AP status hasn't changed, nor has AOS.

I really hope you get yours soon, it does kinda seem like someone is hiding something.  Please keep us updated and best of luck for the second job interview..pretend it's already arrived, own it!

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 08.12.50.png

On 5/28/2017 at 1:16 PM, samack said:

Still nothing.

Sorry, to answer your question about biometrics.  I got an appointment for EAD and AOS (on the same appointment letter) on Dec 29th.  I went, everything went OK.  Then I got ANOTHER one, but just for EAD so I went AGAIN on Jan 6th....Luckily we live only 1.5 hours from the biometrics place so wasn't as bad as for some people who drive 5+ hours.  Then, I think a week later I got another letter THE DAY BEFORE THE APPOINTMENT...so I called USCIS and they said that if you have been to an appointment within past 30 days then ignore the letter as it was a duplicate.  

Timeline
4 hours ago, Wes&Charlotte said:

I just ran around the house screaming!  Was just about to go walk the dog as usual, and decided to check it online now before I call USCIS again later and I almost fell over with shock!  Of course there's nobody home to share my excitement with :-(  MY AP status hasn't changed, nor has AOS.

I really hope you get yours soon, it does kinda seem like someone is hiding something.  Please keep us updated and best of luck for the second job interview..pretend it's already arrived, own it!

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 08.12.50.png

Congratulations! That's great news!

I called USCIS this morning and was transferred to a tier 2 agent again. Thankfully the wait time was only 86 minutes today, but when I got a call back I had to request a supervisor multiple times because the woman on the phone was unbelievably rude. It takes a lot to get me to file a complaint, but I did about her. She spoke over me, was argumentative, said things under her breath and sighed heavily in response to things I was saying. When I tried to explain things to her, she said "well I don't see the problem!" When I tried to tell her that it was a weird situation that required her to listen, she said "it's NOT a weird situation. That's YOU'RE opinion!" And when I said that I didn't understand why its been at the expedite office so long, she said "are you going to let them finish their job or what?! I don't even know why you're calling!" She wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor at first but I demanded it and immediately reported her when she did. The supervisor was much more friendly and willing to listen and actually gave me information, though it wasn't at all useful. She said she could see that there had been an issue but didn't know what that issue was, and that the officer working on my file was in the process of compiling everything and that I should have an answer in two weeks. I'm not really proud of it, but I started crying on the phone and saying that I don't understand why it's taking so long, because I really don't, but she wasn't able to help me beyond that. 

While I was waiting for the call back, I called a senator's office and explained what I knew at that point. The secretary said she was going to email me a privacy release form but I haven't gotten it yet, and based on the conversation with USCIS I don't even know if it's worth it because nobody seems inclined to do anything. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, samack said:

Congratulations! That's great news!

I called USCIS this morning and was transferred to a tier 2 agent again. Thankfully the wait time was only 86 minutes today, but when I got a call back I had to request a supervisor multiple times because the woman on the phone was unbelievably rude. It takes a lot to get me to file a complaint, but I did about her. She spoke over me, was argumentative, said things under her breath and sighed heavily in response to things I was saying. When I tried to explain things to her, she said "well I don't see the problem!" When I tried to tell her that it was a weird situation that required her to listen, she said "it's NOT a weird situation. That's YOU'RE opinion!" And when I said that I didn't understand why its been at the expedite office so long, she said "are you going to let them finish their job or what?! I don't even know why you're calling!" She wouldn't transfer me to a supervisor at first but I demanded it and immediately reported her when she did. The supervisor was much more friendly and willing to listen and actually gave me information, though it wasn't at all useful. She said she could see that there had been an issue but didn't know what that issue was, and that the officer working on my file was in the process of compiling everything and that I should have an answer in two weeks. I'm not really proud of it, but I started crying on the phone and saying that I don't understand why it's taking so long, because I really don't, but she wasn't able to help me beyond that. 

While I was waiting for the call back, I called a senator's office and explained what I knew at that point. The secretary said she was going to email me a privacy release form but I haven't gotten it yet, and based on the conversation with USCIS I don't even know if it's worth it because nobody seems inclined to do anything. 

I am so sorry you are going through this.  Have you tried googling your state senator?  In Ohio our senators website is available and if you click on it there is a downloadable privacy form right there to complete and return.  You can return it by email or fax.  They acted very quickly, although some senators offices are better than others.  You should have more than one to pick from.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, LionessDeon said:

I am so sorry you are going through this.  Have you tried googling your state senator?  In Ohio our senators website is available and if you click on it there is a downloadable privacy form right there to complete and return.  You can return it by email or fax.  They acted very quickly, although some senators offices are better than others.  You should have more than one to pick from.

I'm feeling pretty down about it all. We're just very, very lucky that my husband is still working because if the team he covers hadn't far surpassed everyone's expectations we'd be in a really bad situation financially. As it is, I'm down to the dredges of my savings and I'm extremely stressed out about it. The whole thing is kind of a worst-case scenario beyond what I thought could happen.

I contacted one of our state senators this morning. The woman I spoke to emailed not long ago to get a bit more information but couldn't set me a release form just then because their systems are down (which seems appropriate considering how everything is going). It's Senator Bob Casey, who seems proactive about everything, so I'm hoping for the best. I also emailed the congressman's liaison I've been speaking with for two months to give her an update on what I've found out myself because it seems like she just doesn't want to bother anymore. If that's the case, I wish she would have said "it's a waiting game at this point and there isn't much else I can do for you", instead of saying she was going to contact them, giving a timeline for an update, and then just not responding to any of my follow-up emails. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, samack said:

I'm feeling pretty down about it all. We're just very, very lucky that my husband is still working because if the team he covers hadn't far surpassed everyone's expectations we'd be in a really bad situation financially. As it is, I'm down to the dredges of my savings and I'm extremely stressed out about it. The whole thing is kind of a worst-case scenario beyond what I thought could happen.

I contacted one of our state senators this morning. The woman I spoke to emailed not long ago to get a bit more information but couldn't set me a release form just then because their systems are down (which seems appropriate considering how everything is going). It's Senator Bob Casey, who seems proactive about everything, so I'm hoping for the best. I also emailed the congressman's liaison I've been speaking with for two months to give her an update on what I've found out myself because it seems like she just doesn't want to bother anymore. If that's the case, I wish she would have said "it's a waiting game at this point and there isn't much else I can do for you", instead of saying she was going to contact them, giving a timeline for an update, and then just not responding to any of my follow-up emails. 

Yes, I can see their website does not have that form like the Ohio ones do.  Don't hesitate to contact the other Senator if Mr. Casey's office is not helpful.  One more be better at responsing than the other.  I truly hope you get this resolved soon.  I can totaly feel your frustration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.