enxhi96

AOS November 2016 Filers

3,547 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, sabellic said:

Congratulations! Must feel amazing

We're surprised, thrilled, and relieved! Thanks!

K1

02/11/16 - Form I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

08/30/16 - Rio Consulate Interview - 221(g) - Incorrect State Police Certificate submitted - case approved pending submission of correct certificate

09/26/16 - Passport received (with K1 Visa)

10/04/16 - POE Atlanta

10/24/16 - SSN application submitted

10/29/16 - Marriage

AOS

11/10/16 - Forms I-485, I-765, and I-131 mailed to Chicago lockbox

12/21/16 - Biometrics Appointment - St Paul, MN

02/13/17 - I-765, I-131 Approved: New Card is being Produced

05/08/17 - I-485 NOA2 text and e-mail received (Approved - no interview)

05/13/17 - Conditional (2-year) Green Card Received

ROC

02/12/2019 - Form I-751 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

08/27/2019 - Biometrics (Walk-In) - St Paul, MN

12/17/2019 - I-751 Approved: New Card is being Produced (NO Interview)

12/21/2019 - 10-year Green Card received via USPS

N-400

02/08/2020 - Form N-400 Submitted Online

03/02/2020 - Biometrics Appointment - St Paul MN

02/22/2021 - N-400 Interview - Minneapolis, MN - APPROVED

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

So I got my EAD card today!

I have a question for all of you.  Years ago I got a SSN while on another type of visa.  Is my SS card valid? What should I do to make it valid?

Thanks for your help!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Boo&Mica said:

They received my RFE response on january and still nothing just my ead so...

1 hour ago, sabellic said:

Same with me! I sent my response back in January and still waiting :(

Oh my goodness! Have your status at least changed to ready for interview? I don't know why they take so long. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mthldou said:

Oh my goodness! Have your status at least changed to ready for interview? I don't know why they take so long. 

nope, that's why I'm hoping my interview will be waived

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, sabellic said:

nope, that's why I'm hoping my interview will be waived

If you're adjusting from K1 then there's a good chance you won't need an interview. I'm adjusting from F1 so I will need an interview. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi Everyone.

an update on my parents AOS from a B1/B2

Filed 11/16

EAD Approved 03/08

EAD received 03/14

I485 status since received was "Fingerprint Fee Received" it never changed to anything and I was hoping for the best

Today, 05/08, they're I-485 was Approved and interview waived! Couldn't be happier, I had a good feeling that it had never changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview"

This is the end of the process, I'll send an update on here when they receive the GC

Hope all November filers are getting to the finish line as well

Edited by Dave87

So last night I checked my mom's case and it was approved. 

05/22/2012 - MAILED AOS PACKAGE.
06/04/2012 - RECEIVED NOTICE IN THE MAIL.
06/04/2012 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT IN THE MAIL.
06/06/2012 - WALK IN BIOMETRICS COMPLETED.
07/11/2012 - TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS OF I-485 INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT.
07/13/2012 - RECEIVED HARD COPY OF INTERVIEW NOTICE IN THE MAIL.
07/28/2012 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDER.
08/04/2012 - EAD CARD IN HAND.
08/15/2012 - GC INTERVIEW. APPROVED. PASSPORT STAMPED.
08/20/2012 - GC CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED.
08/23/2012 - GC RECEIVED.

06/28/2014 - MAILED I-751 PACKAGE

07/05/2014 - RECEIVED NOA 1

01/15/2016 - Interviewed and Approved.

08/02/2016 - N400 Interviewed and Approved.

hi everyone,

first time poster here. Came on a K1 visa in October, filed for AOS in November. NOA1 recieved 30th Nov 2016, biometrics done 12/23. I received my combo card end of February, for the AOS it's been stuck on fingerprint fee recieved since 11/30, no RFE, getting super frustrated that it hasn't changed. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/30/2017 at 8:48 AM, zilchfox said:

RFIEs will reset the time you've been waiting back to day 0 the moment they receive your response. 

RFEs will pause the time you've waited until they receive a response, then time processing will resume from where it left off. 

If you've had either of these on your EAD/AP applications, this would explain your guys' 150+ day wait, because it's not actually 150+ days anymore, and of course the longer you wait to respond, the longer it's going to take to process.

Now if you didn't have any RFEs/RFIEs and you're waiting 150+ days, then that's cause for concern. Cheers.

Just know that this is not always the case.  Sometimes it doesn't have any effect at all.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:22 PM, Kestutis said:

Today I was in USCIS  Detroit field office and we had AOS interview.

IO was so kind and my case was approved at spot.

I will get my GC in 2-3 weeks.

Good luck to everyone and many thanks  to Suss for her  advises.

Happy for you, yet really annoyed for us!  We live one hour away from the Detroit field office.  Did biometrics there but they scheduled our AOS interview at the Cleveland field office.  When I contacted USCIS to inquire why our interview was scheduled 3 hours away when there is one much closer, I was told that Detroit is an applications office and that the only interviewing office for our address was Cleveland.  :protest:

18 hours ago, Mthldou said:

Hey y'all! USCIS has received my RFE response 48 days ago and my status is still on response received. The wait is difficult. Is this normal? 

I have received my EAD

Our USCIS tracker status still shows "RFE response received 12/29/16"  yet we received an interview letter.  Guess someone forgot to update us in the tracking system.

Edited by LionessDeon

3 hours ago, LionessDeon said:

Our USCIS tracker status still shows "RFE response received 12/29/16"  yet we received an interview letter.  Guess someone forgot to update us in the tracking system.

The same thing happened with me too, status hasn't changed on uscis website but I received the interview letter. I think they're getting lazy :P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Was wondering what the experiences have been like for those travelling cross-border with the EAD card with Advanced Parole.

My intention had been to stay patient and wait until the entire green card process was complete before travelling to Canada to visit family but now that it is taking longer than expected I'm getting antsy, especially about seeing my nephew on his 1st birthday!

Thanks for sharing!

Lorna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I submitted a service request on May 2nd that has yet to be looked at! GRR COME THE F ON USCIS! Any San Antonio K1 to i485 approvals in here?

I-129F sent: 2016-04-27

NOA1 Email & Text: 2016-05-04

NOA1 Received in Mail: 2016-05-18

NOA2 Email & Text: 2016-07-06 (63 DAYS!)

NOA2 Received in Mail: 2016-07-18

I had my interview on April 29th and still have not heard anything.

The made an RFE straight away which was responded to in days.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

My lawyer said they have four months before we can chase them.

3 hours ago, lmcatl said:

Was wondering what the experiences have been like for those travelling cross-border with the EAD card with Advanced Parole.

My intention had been to stay patient and wait until the entire green card process was complete before travelling to Canada to visit family but now that it is taking longer than expected I'm getting antsy, especially about seeing my nephew on his 1st birthday!

Thanks for sharing!

Lorna

My lawyer said it's absolutely fine.

She said there was a case that set precedent and is not an issue anymore.

I have a three year overstay and plan to travel on the EAD in a month unless my green card gets here first.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.