dwheels76

NVC Filers - October 2016

811 posts in this topic

i am really upset because you would think maybe the NVC would work a little harder so that many of us can have interviews in time to spend time with our loved ones for the holidays. Sometimes i feel like its all about luck when it comes to receiving your CC. i was really hoping to spend the holidays with my husband in NY for the holidays and i feel hopeless just waiting for someone to decide my fate of my relationship sort of speak.

I hear ya! I've become a single parent to two little boys because of this process as we couldn't submit everything from here. They miss their daddy, I miss my husband and Skype doesn't quite cut it. We were on track to be there for the babies first birthday and then they lost the paperwork! I just cry every night mostly from stress and lack of sleep :(

May 5 - I-130 Received

June 17 - RFE Received

August 4 - NOA2
October 3 - USICIS sent to NVC
October 12 - NVC received (69 days in limbo)
? - case number assigned
? - AOS bill paid
? - call NVC to review DS-261 and get IV invoice unlocked
? - IV bill paid
? - submit DS-260
? - send IV/AOS package
? - scan date

? - cc

? - interview date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I hear ya! I've become a single parent to two little boys because of this process as we couldn't submit everything from here. They miss their daddy, I miss my husband and Skype doesn't quite cut it. We were on track to be there for the babies first birthday and then they lost the paperwork! I just cry every night mostly from stress and lack of sleep :(

I understand you totally. I am also stuck with this process . Because of this i havent been able to see my daughter and husband. I just want to be with them and think about them all the time.

Edited by sofhi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I was filing out ds 260 and came across this question full name in native alphabets. What should i write here. Since it does not allow us to write in urdu. Can i check the box technology not applicable?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

After 30 minutes on hold and 8 days after the NVC received my case, I received my case number and invoice number tonight. About how long does it take until I can access the account online?

After 30 minutes on hold and 8 days after the NVC received my case, I received my case number and invoice number tonight. About how long does it take until I can access the account online?

I could access it right away. I submitted the DS-261 and after I received the welcome letter email I paid the AOS fee and called to have an operator to process the DS-261over the phone.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I could access it right away. I submitted the DS-261 and after I received the welcome letter email I paid the AOS fee and called to have an operator to process the DS-261over the phone.

Okay. Thanks for the response jrigual. I tried to access it tonight and said it wasn't available yet. I guess I will wait and try again tomorrow. I am just so anxious to get this part of the process done...as I am sure everyone on this feed is. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi all just check in to follow the thread

2016/04/28 - Sent I-130

2016/05/06 - Received NOA1 email

2016/05/17 - Received NOA1 snail mail

2016/09/12 - Case Was Approved, informed by APP

2016/09/30 - Received NOA2 snail mail

2016/10/04 - Case Was Sent To The Department of State, informed by APP

hopefully can receive invoice# soon~~~

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Hi everyone! Received the NVC welcome letter today. Super excited for the next step :)

The Affidavit of Support Fee is included in the letter, But the IV processing fees invoice is not there. I tried to pay the AOS fee online but seems like the system doesn't let me. Is that normal? Am I supposed to wait until the other invoice is available?

Thanks for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Hi everyone! Received the NVC welcome letter today. Super excited for the next step :)

The Affidavit of Support Fee is included in the letter, But the IV processing fees invoice is not there. I tried to pay the AOS fee online but seems like the system doesn't let me. Is that normal? Am I supposed to wait until the other invoice is available?

Thanks for your help.

You will have to fill the DS-261 and pay the AOS fee first then you can call the NVC to review the form. Give it around 2 days then you will receive the invoice for the IV then that's the time you can pay it.

You will have to fill the DS-261 and pay the AOS fee first then you can call the NVC to review the form. Give it around 2 days then you will receive the invoice for the IV then that's the time you can pay it.

Thanks for a fast reply! I already filled out the DS-261. The system won't let me pay the AOS fee for some reason. I click the "pay" button and nothing happens. Sound like a system glitch?

Has anyone had case complete these last few days?

It's all very quiet here...

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

On coming Monday! It's going to be my six weeks complete after my scan date.. I don't know should I go for supervisor review or not..? Even though Monday is off because of Columbus Day... hope to get CC this week,, I don't want supervisor review and another six weeks.. btw yesterday I tried calling NVC but they have close all the phone lines because of heavy calls they were getting.. makes me wonder how busy they are.. sob sob !! :(

My Time line is Updated! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.