Checking in. Two days till interview!

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

So apparently the whole hike in prices for medical is for all 3rd world countries. Our medical is Monday however we just got a call to bring in more money for the medical because of gonorrhea test that is added to the medical.

Here is my question is that test expensive to begin with?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Checking in. Interview this month!!! So nervous, only because I've heard so many bad things about Kingston but lately there have been some good news and reviews. Medical is next week. The results prob won't be back in time for his interview, as they are requiring additional testing which takes an extra week to come back but still hoping my husband can be here in time for Thanksgiving and to celebrate our anniversary! Fingers crossed and prayers up!??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Interview in Sydney on Tue 25th October for K1. Very excited for this part in the process, good luck to everyone with their visa interviews :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Suki! Either Lax/SFO/Houston - haven't finalize our itineraries yet. But we will be flying end of October.

Any feedbacks on POE? Suggestions?

We have been out of LAX and SFO several times. I think DWheels' hubby came through Houston. While LAX might be the heaviest travelled, I think they have probably seen more immigrant traffic.

Be sure to read the reviews of the POEs, and I'm sure people here will chime in!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have been out of LAX and SFO several times. I think DWheels' hubby came through Houston. While LAX might be the heaviest travelled, I think they have probably seen more immigrant traffic.

Be sure to read the reviews of the POEs, and I'm sure people here will chime in!

Sukie in NY

I will Sukie, thank you! ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So apparently the whole hike in prices for medical is for all 3rd world countries. Our medical is Monday however we just got a call to bring in more money for the medical because of gonorrhea test that is added to the medical.

Here is my question is that test expensive to begin with?

No all countries are getting the gonorrhea test effective today October 1st. Some may have jumped the gun and started a week early. I know Nigeria went up $50 dollars (N15K)

$50 to $100 is about normal depending if they do just urine test or have to do a Vaginal and penal swab (yep sometimes sorry).

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
UNCLASSIFIED 16 STATE 93130 AUG 19, 2016

SUBJECT: New Gonorrhea Testing Requirements for Visa Applicants

1. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has updated its Technical Instructions for Gonorrhea for Panel Physicians: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/technical- instructions/panel-physicians/gonorrhea.html.

Panel physicians worldwide are required to implement the updated technical instructions (TIs) no later than October 1, 2016. Posts should work with their panel physicians to ensure that they are ready to implement these changes by the deadline.

2. Per CDC's new technical instructions, all visa applicants undergoing a medical exam, 15 years of age or older are required to be tested for gonorrhea. Applicants younger than 15 must be tested if there is a history of gonorrhea or reason to suspect gonorrhea infection. Gonorrhea has long been an inadmissible condition under INA 212(a)(1)(a)(i), but panel physicians previously only tested applicants who were symptomatic. Most cases of gonorrhea infection are asymptomatic, and therefore CDC is now requiring active screening.

3. VO strongly reiterates CDC's recommendation for panel physicians to use the least invasive test for screening as possible. The TIs recommend that panel physicians use a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) which may be performed on urine specimens or the self-collected vaginal swab for women. If those tests are unavailable, CDC's TIs require endocervical or vaginal swabs for women and urethral swabs for men.

4. VO has updated the panel physician agreement template in 9 FAM 302.2 to reflect the new requirements. Posts should work with panel physicians to determine the cost of the additional testing and reflect the new cost using the revised panel physician agreement no later than October 1, 2016. The base medical exam fee for applicants 15 and older may be increased to include the additional test. In some cases, panel physicians will require new lab equipment to process these samples, and the cost of machinery can be taken into account. Such costs should be spread out as much as possible (e.g., over the course of the first year) so as not to overburden applicants.

5. Posts may use the following language to respond to inquiries from visa applicants and other interested parties:

Gonorrhea is a communicable disease of public health significance and applicants with gonorrhea are ineligible for a visa to the United States under Section 212(a)(1)(A)(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. CDC has regulatory authority over the specific guidelines of the medical examination required of visa applicants and technical instructions for panel physicians. CDC's Technical Instructions for Gonorrhea for Panel Physicians may be accessed at http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/panel/technical- instructions/panel-physicians/gonorrhea.html.

Any questions or concerns should be addressed to CDC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will Sukie, thank you! ?

Houston is a great POE friendly huge busy. My husbands was pretty effortless but long wait because system was down so almost 4 hours after landing he came out those magical doors.

A few questions asked, brown envelope handed over. DONE!!

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wife approved Sept. 28th thanks to all in this forum who have been so helpful!!!

Timeline

03/09/2016: I-130 Sent
03/11/2016: USPS Delivery Confirmation
03/15/2016: NOA1 text/E-mail
03/17/2016: NOA1 I-797 by reg. mail ( PD date 03/11/2016 )

06/17/2016: NOA2 Received text and email

06/28/2016: NVC received

07/11/2016:Submit DS-261

07/12/2016: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill

07/13/2016: Receive IV bill and paid IV bill

07/14/2016: Sent package IV package

07/15/2016: DS-260 released and completed

07/15/2016: Scan date

08/16/2016: Case Complete

08/18/2016: Received interview letter today interview scheduled for /09/28/2016

09/28/2016: Interviewed and approved !

10/01/2018: Filed I-751to remove conditions

10/09/2018: Received Text saying case received  ( Nebraska )

10/10/2018 Check cashed

11/19/2018: Received the 18 month extension letter in mail 

07/02/2019: Biometric Appointment.

09/09/2019: Received notice new card is being produced

09/16/2016: Received 10 year Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Hello guys,

I've checked the status of my application and now it shows IN TRANSIT. How can I track it via DHL? I think the status changed today or at top yesterday. Thanks :)

Visa approved. For now our visa journey comes to an end. :)

Interview Date: 9/26/2016

Visa Received: 9/28/2016

For more detailed timeline check my profile.

Edited by Jack&Jill

N400 Date Filed: 2019-12-03

NOA Date: 2019-12-03

Bio. Appt.: 2019-12-30

Interview Date: 2020-02-18

Approved: Yes

Oath: 2020-02-28

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Houston is a great POE friendly huge busy. My husbands was pretty effortless but long wait because system was down so almost 4 hours after landing he came out those magical doors.

A few questions asked, brown envelope handed over. DONE!!

That's great.. thanks for sharing. I am really considering Houston.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For Nigerians, I Called the consultant/children practice at Ikoyi and was told my medicals would cost 170k Naira((that is so high OMG). And result would be out after two weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.