dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2016

441 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone, My wife had her interview in Guangzhou on Sept. 28th and was approved ! Thanks to all who share their info on here!!!!

Timeline

03/09/2016: I-130 Sent
03/11/2016: USPS Delivery Confirmation
03/15/2016: NOA1 text/E-mail
03/17/2016: NOA1 I-797 by reg. mail ( PD date 03/11/2016 )

06/17/2016: NOA2 Received text and email

06/28/2016: NVC received

07/11/2016:Submit DS-261

07/12/2016: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill

07/13/2016: Receive IV bill and paid IV bill

07/14/2016: Sent package IV package

07/15/2016: DS-260 released and completed

07/15/2016: Scan date

08/16/2016: Case Complete

08/18/2016: Received interview letter today interview scheduled for /09/28/2016

09/28/2016: Interviewed and approved !

10/01/2018: Filed I-751to remove conditions

10/09/2018: Received Text saying case received  ( Nebraska )

10/10/2018 Check cashed

11/19/2018: Received the 18 month extension letter in mail 

07/02/2019: Biometric Appointment.

09/09/2019: Received notice new card is being produced

09/16/2016: Received 10 year Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey guys,

My wife just had her interview this morning (10/3/16 @ Mumbai Consulate). It went well and I am glad to say she was approved! Thank god. I would like to thank Visa Journey and its' members for making this process less stressful. You guys have been a great help. I wish all the luck to rest of you guys who are awaiting the same results. Hang in there. The process took a long 8 months to complete but I'm glad to say it is finally over.

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all. I'm a nervous wreck. I was planning to go to my husband's interview with him this month. I just received a new job offer which will start sooner and means I won't be able to attend his interview. I really need encouragement, prayers, and advice. I'm 15 yrs older than him, which they might consider a red flag. I was planning to take additional evidence to the interview, hoping he would get an opportunity to present it. So for those who did not attend their spouse's interview, can you please offer some advice and mostly a word of encouragement, as I'm literally going out of my mind right now! Especially from Jamaica!!!! Thx!

Edited by angelbrown

I am so sorry to hear about that 221(g) There should have been a reason given as to why they are sending the case back to USCIS.

Thanx,MrsBurgz. That's what I am confused about. The CO did not tell him anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanx,MrsBurgz. That's what I am confused about. The CO did not tell him anything.

I'm really sorry Janneh. I hope you can find the reason soon and you can fix it. Is really sad what happens to you and your husband. Blessings ??

No one else has gotten scheduled for a November interview? I'll have to ask them today if they're still scheduling interviews.

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello Vjers,
Have a question. I posted this in the NVC thread but did not get any reply.

So I sent a request for expedite and I got an email asking for some info. The only thing in the list they gave that I didn't include was beneficiary country and local phone number . So I added that and resent the request. I got the same email asking for those same things 2 'more times. I don't know if I should keep resending. Has anyone experienced this before ?

Timeline

Hey guys,

My wife just had her interview this morning (10/3/16 @ Mumbai Consulate). It went well and I am glad to say she was approved! Thank god. I would like to thank Visa Journey and its' members for making this process less stressful. You guys have been a great help. I wish all the luck to rest of you guys who are awaiting the same results. Hang in there. The process took a long 8 months to complete but I'm glad to say it is finally over.

Could you please share your wife experience? My wife will be having her interview Oct 14th.

Thank You.

...I just called the nvc, I don't have an interview date yet, but the rep. Said there's still hope since they would schedule until October 15th. .... It's been 104 days of waiting here ?????????

USCIS

Jan 15th noa 1

April 4th noa2

NVC

Received case April 22

June 20th CASE COMPLETE?

Interview date: waited 160 days, January 3 ... APPROVED! VISA COLLECTED JANUARY 5

Timeline

Her experience was painless. I had her take copies of both packages I submitted (USCIS I-130 & NVC), wedding album, and all her original required documents. Although they did not ask for anything more than the required documents, it is nice to have extra documents just in case. They asked basic questions nothing complicated.

• What city/state are you planning to migrate?
  • What does your husband do?
  • Who is in his family?
  • How did you guys meet?
  • How long did you guys see each other?

After these brief questions, the officer said "Congratulations, your visa has been approved". It seems the couples who have a harder time are the ones who had a previous marriage, a significant age gap between the husband/wife, and/or have previously applied for other types of visas around the time of the marriage/engagement. If none of those apply to your relationship, you can expect a similar experience. I wish you the best to you and your wife. I am sure she will do fine. Good Luck!

Could you please share your wife experience? My wife will be having her interview Oct 14th.

Thank You.

2/10/16 - Mailed out package
2/11/16 - Picked up at 3:30 PM at Chicago Lockbox
2/23/16 - Received notification of acceptance via SMS at 4:40 PM

2/23/16 - NOA1

5/13/16 - NOA2

7/19/16 - Sent out NVC package

7/21/16 - Scan Date

8/19/16 - Case Complete

8/26/16 - Interview Scheduled *Oct 3rd @ Mumbai Consulate*

10/3/16 - Interview Completed *** VISA APPROVED! **

**Awaiting printed VISA**

Timeline

Hi all. I'm a nervous wreck. I was planning to go to my husband's interview with him this month. I just received a new job offer which will start sooner and means I won't be able to attend his interview. I really need encouragement, prayers, and advice. I'm 15 yrs older than him, which they might consider a red flag. I was planning to take additional evidence to the interview, hoping he would get an opportunity to present it. So for those who did not attend their spouse's interview, can you please offer some advice and mostly a word of encouragement, as I'm literally going out of my mind right now! Especially from Jamaica!!!! Thx!

I didn't went with my husband and they never asked if I was there. Although every case differs.It's pretty normal for men to date older women in Jamaica. I don't see where that would be considered a "red flag" stop stressing yourself. You did all that you can do at this point. Just send him the additional evidence he need and everything will be fine.

3 cases, status changed to "ready" this morning. Waiting for embassy (San Jose) to send email for interview.

06/28/15 Married in Costa Rica

11/25/15 sent 3 I-130's

12/01/15 3 NOA1's

04/14/16 3 I-130's approved

04/19/16 NVC received 3 cases

04/28/16 Received DS-261/AOS bill

04/28/16 Received IV-Bill's

04/28/16 Pay AOS Bill (1 fee)

04/28/16 Pay IV Bill (3 fees)

05/17/16 Submit 3 DS-261's

06/07/16 Send AOS Package

06/07/16 Send 3 IV packages

06/14/16 NVC scan date 3 cases

07/15/16 CC for CR-1(was told on phone case complete and waiting for 2-CR-2 cases)

07/18/16 Checklist for 2 CR-2's (missing I-864 for both children)('correction' agent failed to send individual I-864 for each applicant, sent 3 copies of I-864 for wife)

07/19/16 Send response to checklist via FedEx (two I-864's for two CR-2's )

07/21/16 2nd scan date, NVC received checklists responses

07/27/16 Sent expedite email request to NVC. Request children's cases to join Wife's completed case.

08/11/16 Email from NVC; US Embassy, San Jose is willing to expedite, 3 cases/ waiting for review of checklists

09/02/16 call to NVC, 6 weeks point, now waiting for supervisor review

09/22/16 CC for both CR-2 cases (took 2 months to review)

09/27/16 3 expedited visa statuses changed to "in transit"

10/04/16 3 cases at embassy status changed to "ready", waiting for interview instructions

10/05/16 Received instructions email from embassy, without interview date

10/07/16 Wife and kids went to medical (Walk-in). Completed X-ray, Urine, Blood. Scheduled physical for 10/12/16

10/12/16 Wife and Kids completed physical and received sealed medicals.

10/19/16 Interview request email sent to embassy

10/26/16 Embassy provided interview date

11/03/16 Interview - APPROVED ALL 3!!

11/14/16 Picked up passports with visas?

12/01/16 Entry at Atlanta?

10/16/18 I-751 Mailed to California

10/19/18 I-751 Delivered

11/05/18 I-751 Check posted to account(no text or email, account says Phoenix on transaction)

Timeline

Oh wow. Were there any redflags that you can think of? Could it be something in your husband's pass that they found out that wasn't disclosed prior?

Timeline

I can't seem to pay the fee online (for my friend) help please? the green card fee.

Edited by rochelel

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.