dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview November 2016

441 posts in this topic

As of what date will you be doing yours? The current date or as the date it was when it was sent to NVC?

I don't think it really matters since the information hasn't changed (well, at least for the Affidavit), but would you submit your recent paystubs or a copy of the ones sent?

I am not sure I understand you. Your current income is what you will be earning this year. They ask for 2015 and current to see the changes. Often people have the same income as 2015 which is why they ask for last year to confirm that you are earning enough to support. I don't think I explained it better but someone else can.

I am not sure I understand your question about paystub but for AOS you fill out now is different from what it was a year ago because this year you can fill the form on computer and there is a bar code presented there. It is easier to fill on computer than by hand but you can do both ways.

The paystub is not copies but something you get from your company with their letter head or company's information. So technically they are copies. Aos have to be original when you send it to nvc. For embassy I have heard you can take copy. Someone mentioned that here.

If you look at my time line I did my case this year. I filled in August at nvc and I had case complete in 27 days. My interview was scheduled in 10 days almost. I did a lot of research before sending my docs and a lot of information I have shared is from that research. You can find a lot for your specific situation online. Plus I read instructions on aos forms before filing.

I hope this helps from what I understood you were asking.

Yeah I know. I'm sure I've read about this somewhere but since I'm in a kind of panic right now with the sudden turn of events I just then decided to post my question! :D

The thing is this whole time we thought we'll gonna need a joint sponsor which my husband's stepdad is willing to help. This entire time we thought that my husband's annual income is $300 less than the limit to support 3 members, not until he opened the employer letter which showed that his income passed the guideline which came as a relief but left us with this question too.

Thanks BTW rooji. Crossing my fingers.

You are welcome.I believe this site is created to help us poor souls. I was in that same situation about 2 months ago so I understand.

At least things are working out for you.

But when in doubt it is best to ask and search online for specifics. That is what I did and still am.

Best of luck

Interview today. Got a 221(g) for additional evidence of our relationship. I had started a case back in 2011, which was closed because he was not ready to leave the country at the time. We separated for more than a year for this reason, during which I did not visit or call. We got back in touch in 2014, and decided we still want to be together.

I have visited several times since then. Our relationship is as real as it can get! We have pictures, emails, phone calls, money I have sent, etc. from before our separation and since we got back together. We met when we were both children, for God's sake. Sorry for the ranting... I'm so out of it right now.

OMG I am truly sorry to hear that. Truly unfair to hold the temporary separation against you and your spouse. Every couple can have issues from time to time that may need time to work things out, it's not all rainbows and ponies. I am baffled that they still require additional evidence considering you've visited several times along with other evidence since you've gotten back together. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

OMG I am truly sorry to hear that. Truly unfair to hold the temporary separation against you and your spouse. Every couple can have issues from time to time that may need time to work things out, it's not all rainbows and ponies. I am baffled that they still require additional evidence considering you've visited several times along with other evidence since you've gotten back together. :(

I know, I'm shocked as well. Couples can have issues, especially us, since we got married very young. I was 19 and he was 20. Thanks for the support

Met in high school 14-Feb-2008 (L)

Married: 20-Oct-2011

Petitioned: 09-Nov-2015

Petition Approved: 24-Mar-2016

Sent IV package: 26-May-2016

Case Complete at NVC: 27-Jun-2016 (30 days)

Interview Date Assigned: 31-Aug-2016

Appointment Letter Received: 04-Sep-2016

Interview Date: 19-Oct-2016

Interview Result: PENDING B-):rolleyes: hoping for the best

I am not sure I understand you. Your current income is what you will be earning this year. They ask for 2015 and current to see the changes. Often people have the same income as 2015 which is why they ask for last year to confirm that you are earning enough to support. I don't think I explained it better but someone else can.

I am not sure I understand your question about paystub but for AOS you fill out now is different from what it was a year ago because this year you can fill the form on computer and there is a bar code presented there. It is easier to fill on computer than by hand but you can do both ways.

The paystub is not copies but something you get from your company with their letter head or company's information. So technically they are copies. Aos have to be original when you send it to nvc. For embassy I have heard you can take copy. Someone mentioned that here.

If you look at my time line I did my case this year. I filled in August at nvc and I had case complete in 27 days. My interview was scheduled in 10 days almost. I did a lot of research before sending my docs and a lot of information I have shared is from that research. You can find a lot for your specific situation online. Plus I read instructions on aos forms before filing.

I hope this helps from what I understood you were asking.

it's ok, thanks anyway!!! :)

CR-1 Visa Journey

1/01/13 - Dating

12/26/15 - Married

USCIS

2/26/16 - Filed I-130

2/26/16 - I-130 received at NSC

3/08/16 - Received NOA1

6/22/16 - Received NOA2

NVC

7/05/16 - Petition sent

7/11/16 - Petition received

7/25/16 - Case & Invoice # received over phone

7/26/16 - Submitted DS-261

7/27/16 - AOS fee generated

7/27/16 - AOS fee paid (online)

7/28/2016 - IV fee generated

7/28/2016 - IV fee paid (online)

7/28/2016 - AOS fee shown as "PAID"

8/1/2016 - IV fee shown as "PAID"

8/1/2016 - DS-260 completed

8/12/2016 - Mailed AOS/IV packet

8/16/2016 - Scan date

9/6/2016 - Case Complete

9/12/2016 - Interview date given via phone

9/13/2016 - Received interview letter via e-mail

EMBASSY

10/13/2016 - Medical Appointment/VAC

10/27/2016 - Interview Date

10/28/2016 - Visa issued

11/3/2016 - Visa in mail

11/5/2016 - POE

12/17/2016 - Received Residency Card

FINALLY TOGETHER!!! :dancing: :jest: :dance:(L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all. Wanted to do a quick review of my husband's medical at Andrews in Kingston for those coming behind us and didn't know where to post it. His appt was at 10:00. He reached there right at 10 and was there til 3:00. He said there wasn't a lot of people but it was a lot of waiting. He did a chest X-ray, gave a urine and blood sample, and had to get one shot, as he had a nurse in Spanish Town give him the immunizations beforehand at a fraction of the cost. The doctor basically went over the medical history form and asked questions like did he smoke, has he ever heard voices, or has he ever tried to harm himself or someone else. He said they told him normally they give you a date to pick up the results but they will send his results to the embassy. His interview is in 2 weeks. When we called to try to reschedule his medical for an earlier date due to the additional testing by the CDC (no earlier dates available), she said the results wouldn't be back in time and the embassy was aware. So I'm guessing (and praying) that's the only reason they're sending them straight to the embassy.

Did you have to wait to receive the interview date before you set up the medical?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did you have to wait to receive the interview date before you set up the medical?

You need the date but you don't need the email to make the appointment. You make it over the phone. They just need to give you a date that is early enough for you to get your results on time.

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

Lol relax it would be fine. I intend to surprise my husband of the result so I wont tell him the exact date of interview that way he wont be nervous waiting lol

Don't they send the appointment schedule to the email ads provided when we fill up the Choice of Agent form? I hope you didn't write your hubby's email ad there sis! Hehehe..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

You are welcome.I believe this site is created to help us poor souls. I was in that same situation about 2 months ago so I understand.

At least things are working out for you.

But when in doubt it is best to ask and search online for specifics. That is what I did and still am.

Best of luck

Thanks! Will keep you posted! :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Don't they send the appointment schedule to the email ads provided when we fill up the Choice of Agent form? I hope you didn't write your hubby's email ad there sis! Hehehe..

Oh i wrote my email but I forgot him receiving it as well regardless if I chose myself as agent hehehehe there is no surprises then? i intend to book flight and have my sister in law pick me up once approved ?

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): April 28 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: May 7, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: July 6, 2016 (60 days from NOA1) :dancing:
Petition Recieved by NVC text & email: July 18, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: August 3, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: August 3, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: August 4, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: August 4, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: August 5, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: August 5, 2016
Pay IV Fee: August 10, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: August 12, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: August 20, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via Express Mail Singapore Post): September 23, 2016
Scan date: September 29,2016

3 NA in CEAC site: October 17, 2016 :dancing:
CC through phone: October 17, 2016
Confirmation of CC email received: October 24, 2016

Case "in transit": November 8,2016

Case "ready": November 17,2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: November 1, 2016

Medical (Singapore): November 11, 2016

Medical Sent to consulate: November 25, 2016

Interview Date: December 27, 2016

Interview Result: 221g for missing documents

Submit Documents: January 17, 2017

First Update: January 19, 2017

Submit Documents 2nd time : January 22, 2017 ( Approaching Chinese New Year )

Second Update : Feb 2, 2017

Ceac Status AP: until February 5, 2017

Ceac Status ISSUED: February 6, 2017

Visa ON HAND: February 7, 2017

POE: Philadelphia International Airport

US Entry: Feb 24, 2017

SS # received : Mar. 11, 2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How long does SSN take to come in mail? Can I apply for job mean while?

Met: Mid 2011

DATING: 4th NOVEMBER 2011 (F) :yes:

Engaged (USA): 30th APRIL 2014

Married( INDIA ): 20th MAY 2015 (L) (L)

VISA PROCESS BEGINS :cry:

USCIS JOURNEY :bonk:

I-130: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

PRIORITY DATE: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

SERVICE CENTER: NEBRASKA

RFE: 15th JANUARY 2016 :crying:

HARDCOPY RECEIVED: 28th JANUARY 2016(one passport size photo of my husband)

RFE SENT: 29th JANUARY 2016

RFE RECEIVED: 1st FEBRUARY 2016

I-130 APPROVED: 18th February 2016 (162days) :dancing:

NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED- 27th FEBRUARY 2016

NVC TIME :clock:

I-130 SENT TO NVC- 29th FEBRUARY 2016

Received Case and Invoice Number- 15th March 2016

SUBMITTED DS-261- 15th March 2016

Visited husband in USA for 2months (22nd March TO 23rd May 2016) on Tourist Visa :goofy:

PAY AOS BILL - 7th APRIL2016

PAY IV BILL - 23rd APRIL 2016

SEND (AOS+IV) PACKAGE - 4th MAY 2016

NVC RECEIVED - 9th MAY 2016

SCAN DATE - 9th MAY 2016 :clock:

CASE COMPLETE - 10th JUNE 2016 :dancing:

NVC CC EMAIL RECEIVED- 17th JUNE 2016

MUMBAI CONSULATE TIME :clock:

The Real Game Begins :shocked:

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

BIOMETRICS - 29th JULY 2016

INTERVIEW - 1st AUGUST 2016

RESULT- APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Visa ISSUED WITHIN 2HRS OF INTERVIEW :jest:

READY FOR PICKUP AT KOLKATA - 3rd AUGUST 2016

VISA COLLECTED - 4th AUGUST 2016

USA TIME :wub:

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

GREEN CARD- 30th NOVEMBER 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

How long does SSN take to come in mail? Can I apply for job mean while?

Gargalmon - If your SSN has not arrived two weeks after your POE, then take your paperwork and go, in person, to your local SSA office and apply in person. It will take about 1-2 weeks to get it after you apply in person. You need to wait about two weeks to make sure your data has been transferred from the immigration system to the SSN system. But if it doesn't arrive in those two weeks, you need to visit them!

You may interview for jobs in the meantime, but most employers cannot hire you without proper authorization - which means a Social Security Number.

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Gargalmon - If your SSN has not arrived two weeks after your POE, then take your paperwork and go, in person, to your local SSA office and apply in person. It will take about 1-2 weeks to get it after you apply in person. You need to wait about two weeks to make sure your data has been transferred from the immigration system to the SSN system. But if it doesn't arrive in those two weeks, you need to visit them!

You may interview for jobs in the meantime, but most employers cannot hire you without proper authorization - which means a Social Security Number.

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Thanks alot. It's been 5days as i arrived this Saturday. Hopefully i get that. Can you kindly say what kind of paper works i need to take if that doesn't arrive?

Met: Mid 2011

DATING: 4th NOVEMBER 2011 (F) :yes:

Engaged (USA): 30th APRIL 2014

Married( INDIA ): 20th MAY 2015 (L) (L)

VISA PROCESS BEGINS :cry:

USCIS JOURNEY :bonk:

I-130: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

PRIORITY DATE: 4th SEPTEMBER 2015

SERVICE CENTER: NEBRASKA

RFE: 15th JANUARY 2016 :crying:

HARDCOPY RECEIVED: 28th JANUARY 2016(one passport size photo of my husband)

RFE SENT: 29th JANUARY 2016

RFE RECEIVED: 1st FEBRUARY 2016

I-130 APPROVED: 18th February 2016 (162days) :dancing:

NOA2 HARDCOPY RECEIVED- 27th FEBRUARY 2016

NVC TIME :clock:

I-130 SENT TO NVC- 29th FEBRUARY 2016

Received Case and Invoice Number- 15th March 2016

SUBMITTED DS-261- 15th March 2016

Visited husband in USA for 2months (22nd March TO 23rd May 2016) on Tourist Visa :goofy:

PAY AOS BILL - 7th APRIL2016

PAY IV BILL - 23rd APRIL 2016

SEND (AOS+IV) PACKAGE - 4th MAY 2016

NVC RECEIVED - 9th MAY 2016

SCAN DATE - 9th MAY 2016 :clock:

CASE COMPLETE - 10th JUNE 2016 :dancing:

NVC CC EMAIL RECEIVED- 17th JUNE 2016

MUMBAI CONSULATE TIME :clock:

The Real Game Begins :shocked:

MEDICAL - 20th JULY 2016

BIOMETRICS - 29th JULY 2016

INTERVIEW - 1st AUGUST 2016

RESULT- APPROVED :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: Visa ISSUED WITHIN 2HRS OF INTERVIEW :jest:

READY FOR PICKUP AT KOLKATA - 3rd AUGUST 2016

VISA COLLECTED - 4th AUGUST 2016

USA TIME :wub:

POE- 15th OCTOBER 2016

SSN- 7th NOVEMBER 2016

GREEN CARD- 30th NOVEMBER 2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.