176 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes I believe she has a online boyfriend, because why else would her phone be on private code and she keeps it face down and hits the back button if I'm near.Also the 3 purses and perfume and bikini makes me think. But it's a drop shipment from company, but it could still be coming from a guy. She does coupons and says she watches video online and get money put on her online visa card to get those things, but about a week ago when she got out of my truck she dropped a piece of paper. She didn't see me pick it up, but it had the 16 digit credit, debit card number and and a 3 number sec code, and exp date written down, but no name. Make me wonder. I have question her about if she is just using me for a greencard. She blows up and says something is wrong with my brain for thinking that way.

This is not a marriage in my eyes! I mean it all seems some weird of a husband and wife and the relationship they are suppose to have.

And yes she is using you, it's as clear as the skye is blue!

But you are running out of time and that being fast. If she gets that GC you will be on the hook for her.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you truly have no hope that she wont change, get out of it. Tell her your sending her home for vacation, put her on a plane, and pull the paperwork immediately, all in the same day if possible. I would even try to call USCIS and see if you can pull the paperwork verbally, and then send letter for back up. Your not her and her families walking ATM machine, ,and making you miserable too. That is not what marriage is about.

That's my 2 cents, I wish the best for you.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: Timeline

If I send her back why we r still married, then I'm married for life, cause I can't divorce her over there. I don't see how that would work out. As far as me running out of time with the green card. This has me very concerned now. I really thought it couldn't be granted without a interview first, so I thought I had a little bit of time to stop this. But one poster said they can still grant green card without interview. Is this the case most of the time.

Timeline

You can still divorce her without her being here, will take longer, but it can be accomplished. I went through a divorce like that several years ago. Was not hard, just took a little longer.

She is not likely to go through the divorce while she is here, if she is served by Sheriffs or Constables office and does not reply, the Judge will grant the divorce, at least in Texas it works that way, but she has to be here in US to do it that way....... But your main concern is pulling the paperwork. If she runs off with someone, and gets Green Card, your on the hook for her.. And yes Green card could be issued without an interview, You have hard choices to make,

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

happy tom and jerry GIF

First of all, you don't send her back. Even if you pull the Affidavit, you can't force her on the plane.

Second, why haven't you pulled the Affidavit yet? And don't say it because you love her because you can love someone yet still protect yourself.

Third, you can divorce her even if she is in another country. You are making excuses.

You have red flags waving in front of you, even before she migrated to the US. You don't need anymore evidence to realize you two have different expectations of each other. Start thinking with your head (and not with another part of your body).

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

If I send her back why we r still married, then I'm married for life, cause I can't divorce her over there. I don't see how that would work out. As far as me running out of time with the green card. This has me very concerned now. I really thought it couldn't be granted without a interview first, so I thought I had a little bit of time to stop this. But one poster said they can still grant green card without interview. Is this the case most of the time.

Because she came on a K-1 visa to does happen quite often that the GC get approved without the interview and then there will be nothing you can do!

So it's waiting and taking the chance that she will have the interview.

And I will see there is no way you can just "send her home" as some people say. if she does not want to then you can't make her. But that will be her problem.

Filed: Timeline

Ok, thanks, is there a way I can check status of it now online.. I know she checks it. I think it's to late to call them today to pull it. I hope tomorrow isn't too late to call. It's gonna get real ugly after I do that. I wish there was another way, I put so much time, effort, emotions and money into this. I still love her, but do feel used and unappreciated. I think sometimes maybe I should of done this or said that. I guess that's normal.

Timeline

Ok, thanks, is there a way I can check status of it now online.. I know she checks it. I think it's to late to call them today to pull it. I hope tomorrow isn't too late to call. It's gonna get real ugly after I do that. I wish there was another way, I put so much time, effort, emotions and money into this. I still love her, but do feel used and unappreciated. I think sometimes maybe I should of done this or said that. I guess that's normal.

You can check it online at USCIS.com but you need the case number.

You can call tomorrow but I would also do it in writing.

And since you say it will get ugly then be careful with living in the same house you she don't call the police on you. Seen a lot of those cases

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Based on the information here, it's clear as day she's using you just to spend your money, gain green card status, and then gain a free pass to living in the U.S., you should pull that I-864 STAT. It's obvious she's using you, and it seems like she will lie and ruin your life going forward. There's nothing bonafide in this relationship from what I can tell, your heart's in the right place, but she's just stabbing it.

Pull the I-864, divorce her, and then move on, as it'll be her problem and hers alone if she's illegally in the country.

I'm really sorry to hear this is happening to you, it sucks that there can be some really wicked people in the world.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Timeline

First of all, you don't send her back. Even if you pull the Affidavit, you can't force her on the plane.

Second, why haven't you pulled the Affidavit yet? And don't say it because you love her because you can love someone yet still protect yourself.

Third, you can divorce her even if she is in another country. You are making excuses.

You have red flags waving in front of you, even before she migrated to the US. You don't need anymore evidence to realize you two have different expectations of each other. Start thinking with your head (and not with another part of your body).

That's why I told him to tell her he is sending her home for a VACATION....... cant force her on plane.

happy tom and jerry GIF

Pull the paperwork, and make sure when you tell her to record the incident. this is to CYA (cover your...butt) I do not want you to get in trouble legally because she is mad at you. I am so sorry for you, but you are doing the right thing now! Be strong, be smart, and take care of yourself.

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

I have never had to do this, but does anybody know if he can ask a cop to be in his home while he tells her the news? Might be safe!

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Timeline

Ok,how do I get out of the house, when my child and I live there. I own the house.. I checked status under AOS, it says card was sent out august 31st, Was that the combo temp travel and work card she received? And hopefully not her green card.

What was the 3 numbers after the I-??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.