kmids

AOS September 2016 Filers

2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Our AOS was received on September 6th, 2016

We had our biometrics appt right around the predicted timetable and received our EAD and AP right on schedule too.

When I check our case status via the USCIS website it says "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview"

Does anyone know if it will update to say anything else before the interview notice is sent?  For instance will it update once the interview date is scheduled?

Also I'm wondering if there's any typical time when an RFE would be sent - were we to receive one.  I mean does that happen after waiting this long and being supposedly "ready to be scheduled for an interview"?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 hours ago, dillygoose said:

Our AOS was received on September 6th, 2016

We had our biometrics appt right around the predicted timetable and received our EAD and AP right on schedule too.

When I check our case status via the USCIS website it says "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for an Interview"

Does anyone know if it will update to say anything else before the interview notice is sent?  For instance will it update once the interview date is scheduled?

Also I'm wondering if there's any typical time when an RFE would be sent - were we to receive one.  I mean does that happen after waiting this long and being supposedly "ready to be scheduled for an interview"?

A RFE can happen even at the interview so yes it can happen.

You are in NY and the waiting time there are long unfortunately. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Case was updated today. Scheduled for interview on June 13. 

USCIS

Chicago lockbox

09/02/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 Sent (USPS)

09/15/16: Email/Text from LockBox@USCIS

09/19/16: I-797-C letters received

09/27/16: BIO early walk-in (10/06/2016)

10/05/16: I-485 RFE email received

10/11/16: RFE yellow letter received/RFE package sent

10/13/16: RFE package delivered (USPS)

10/14/16: RFE package received by USCIS (Email received from USCIS)

11/23/16: I-765 was approved. Card ordered (Expedite processing/Job offer)

11/28/16: EAD Card was mailed

12/01/16: EAD Card was in the mail

05/15/16: Interview scheduled for 6/13/17

6/13/17: Interview. Not approved in the spot. IO wanted to check for gonorrhea test on I-693. She said maybe we could get RFE.

6/19/13: I-797C Letter on the mail. I-130 was approved. 

6/26/17: Email update: Green card production was ordered on 6/24/17

6/29/17: Email saying card was mailed on 6/28/17

6/30/17: We received the card. 

6/30/17: Waiting for ROC in 2 years (6/13/19)

ROC

03/16/19: Sent by USPS

03/19/19: Ready for PickUp ny USPS

03/22/19: Check cashed by USCIS

03/25/19: Extension letter received

11/22/19: BIO 

04/27/2020 Got Email Text saying Card is being produced (Interview waived) 

04/28/2020 Got Email/Text saying Approval letter sent 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Iam new here and i dont speak english very well haha. My PD is diferent because, i sent my i130 in September 6, and after sent my i485 in october 17. In my receipt of i 485 say PD september 6, the same date than i130. Im confused.

My local office is Atlanta 

@petareño you are in Atlanta too? Congrats!!! Im so happy hear news from atlanta 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Got a message this morning that I am scheduled for an interview JUNE 20.

Looks like the Atlanta field office is finally working on our cases.

so excited ! Good luck to everyone !

Package sent: 9/08/2016
Received: 9/10/2016
Checks cashed: 9/15/2016

Text/Emails: NONE!!!
NOA in mail: 09/19/2016 - Notice date: 9/14/2016
BIO Appt in the Mail: 09/22/2016 - Scheduled for 10/03/2016- COMPLETED
EAD/AP Approved: 11/15/2016
EAD/AP Received:
Interview:

GC Approved:

GC Received:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview this morning at the Denver office, it went about as easily as I could have imagined. The officer said that she would be able to approve our case today. When we got home, our status had been updated to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed" any others have this experience? The officer said she had everything she needed from us and did not give us any indication that there were more things that needed to be done. I'm hoping we don't have to wait more!

USCIS Process

December 2005 - Met online

August 2015 - Met in person

November 27, 2015 - Married <3

1-8-16: Filed I-130

5-13-16: I-130 Approved

9-20-2016: Mailed AOS Docs (I-485/I-765/I-131)

9-22-2016: AOS Docs received

9-30-2016: NOA

10-21-16: RFI for I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

10-25-16: Biometrics

10-31-16: RFI response mailed

11-4-16: RFI response received

12-2-16: EAD in process

12-8-16: EAD in hand

5-18-17: Interview (238 days from filing)

5-18-17: Approved!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Update: card being produced!! So happy!

USCIS Process

December 2005 - Met online

August 2015 - Met in person

November 27, 2015 - Married <3

1-8-16: Filed I-130

5-13-16: I-130 Approved

9-20-2016: Mailed AOS Docs (I-485/I-765/I-131)

9-22-2016: AOS Docs received

9-30-2016: NOA

10-21-16: RFI for I-864 (Affidavit of Support)

10-25-16: Biometrics

10-31-16: RFI response mailed

11-4-16: RFI response received

12-2-16: EAD in process

12-8-16: EAD in hand

5-18-17: Interview (238 days from filing)

5-18-17: Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Any September filers in Florida still waiting on an approval? My husband applied for his AOS on the 19th of September, did biometric in Oct. there was no response up until earlier this month. They sent a RFE, they said his medical exam was missing the gonorrhea test (which was made mandatory 4 months AFTER he did his exam). So we sucked it up and paid for a full medical AGAIN - just in case. We got the letter on a Fri afternoon, friday evening did all of his exams at a civil surgeon and had the results by mid afternoon that Monday. I immediately sent in his results, certified mail (they received it a day later). That was about 3 weeks ago - no answer yet. I look on the case status on USCIS and nothing has been updated in the system since "application fee received".

We called to see what was the hold up, we were just told to wait 60-90 days for a response. Now what i find odd is that we have called 2x to verify that our case is in Hialeah, FL. The agents always say yes, but the RFE (medical test) and his biometric was done/ask to be sent to Oakland Park field office. So I am confused as to if they transferred that case or if they normally have two offices working together to process that pp and RFE/bios?....

SOOOOOOOO fustrating, we know nothing.... and everyone we speak to sounds like their clueless. Anyone else have something similar happen with sending in the RFE and it taking so long?

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
50 minutes ago, tab_USA said:

Any September filers in Florida still waiting on an approval? My husband applied for his AOS on the 19th of September, did biometric in Oct. there was no response up until earlier this month. They sent a RFE, they said his medical exam was missing the gonorrhea test (which was made mandatory 4 months AFTER he did his exam). So we sucked it up and paid for a full medical AGAIN - just in case. We got the letter on a Fri afternoon, friday evening did all of his exams at a civil surgeon and had the results by mid afternoon that Monday. I immediately sent in his results, certified mail (they received it a day later). That was about 3 weeks ago - no answer yet. I look on the case status on USCIS and nothing has been updated in the system since "application fee received".

We called to see what was the hold up, we were just told to wait 60-90 days for a response. Now what i find odd is that we have called 2x to verify that our case is in Hialeah, FL. The agents always say yes, but the RFE (medical test) and his biometric was done/ask to be sent to Oakland Park field office. So I am confused as to if they transferred that case or if they normally have two offices working together to process that pp and RFE/bios?....

SOOOOOOOO fustrating, we know nothing.... and everyone we speak to sounds like their clueless. Anyone else have something similar happen with sending in the RFE and it taking so long?

Hi am in Florida my office is Oakland park they received my i485 on 8/31/16 got rfe in September for i864 I submitted 9/04/16 rec on 11/09/16 and I got my ead approved 01/09/17 now am still waiting for my interview date I haven't got yet I called today and all I got was that if they pass 08/31/16 I should call them, I didn't do gonorrrea test so I know I need to redo it but I haven't received a letter yet to do it my medical expires 06/22/17 if ur case get transferred they will notify you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
23 hours ago, Myboo123 said:

Hi am in Florida my office is Oakland park they received my i485 on 8/31/16 got rfe in September for i864 I submitted 9/04/16 rec on 11/09/16 and I got my ead approved 01/09/17 now am still waiting for my interview date I haven't got yet I called today and all I got was that if they pass 08/31/16 I should call them, I didn't do gonorrrea test so I know I need to redo it but I haven't received a letter yet to do it my medical expires 06/22/17 if ur case get transferred they will notify you 

We are not sure it is in Oakland, it looks like it but when we call reps they say it is in Hialeah. So we're not sure what's going on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
23 hours ago, Myboo123 said:

As of now you do not need the gonorea test and your medical it good for one year after submission of the AOS package 

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Georgia16 said:

As of now you do not need the gonorea test and your medical it good for one year after submission of the AOS package 

Wait this sounds exciting Georgia lol I want to understand!!!......I did my medical 6/22/16 n I submitted 8/31/16 that's when they received it ......so r u saying the one year starts counting 8/31/16 and not 6/22/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
10 hours ago, Myboo123 said:

Wait this sounds exciting Georgia lol I want to understand!!!......I did my medical 6/22/16 n I submitted 8/31/16 that's when they received it ......so r u saying the one year starts counting 8/31/16 and not 6/22/16

Yes that's exactly what she is saying. It starts from the date you submitted it to USCIS.

Package sent: 9/08/2016
Received: 9/10/2016
Checks cashed: 9/15/2016

Text/Emails: NONE!!!
NOA in mail: 09/19/2016 - Notice date: 9/14/2016
BIO Appt in the Mail: 09/22/2016 - Scheduled for 10/03/2016- COMPLETED
EAD/AP Approved: 11/15/2016
EAD/AP Received:
Interview:

GC Approved:

GC Received:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.