kmids

AOS September 2016 Filers

2,059 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nipperswife said:

You have the same timeline as my cousin in Atl.. Well they were married in Antigua in 2014.  She came here on a visitor's visa late in 2015, and September 2016 they filed the AOS, she didnt apply for the ead however, smh all because of a code. Anyways, they had an interview date for late july, and then they received a letter staying the interview was cancelled and they will reschedule, and they havent heard nothing since then.

Hi the same thing happened to me last febrery my interview was canceled so i went to charlstin website and filed up like an application explaining all my detailes and my information . So the next day i received my new interviw date . I went and every thing went right

3 hours ago, amarsolo said:

Hi the same thing happened to me last febrery my interview was canceled so i went to charlstin website and filed up like an application explaining all my detailes and my information . So the next day i received my new interviw date . I went and every thing went right

oh  I will have her contact her ombudsman to see if that helps. thanks.

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Looks like August filers  for Houston are  receiving  interview notices for late September.  A few from another group on a different site  has been posting.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Got our interview for September 28th at the Oakland Park Office. 4.5 weeks till this is over; this whole process will have taken almost exactly a year since USCIS received our documents on Sept 29.

Keep hope alive!

4 hours ago, kartay03 said:

Got our interview for September 28th at the Oakland Park Office. 4.5 weeks till this is over; this whole process will have taken almost exactly a year since USCIS received our documents on Sept 29.

Keep hope alive!

Did u have any rfe? Or its normal for that office to schedule an interview after a year ?

Edited by Ddii11

1 minute ago, Ddii11 said:

Did u have any rfe? Or its a normal for that office to schedule an interview after a year ?

I got an RFIE in late October and they received the response on November 8th. It's normal now because of budget constraints allegedly and a bunch of folk got scared after the primaries in summer last year and applied for visas, citizenship, etc and swamped the system. At least thats what a couple of immigration lawyers down here claimed.  This office however seems to be really behind compared to kendall, Hialeah and Miami. 

• 1 month later...

Well folks, we had our interview at the Oakland Park Field Office today; will let you know later how it went.

Edited by kartay03
typos

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 6:35 PM, kartay03 said:

Well folks, we had our interview at the Oakland Park Field Office today; will let you know later how it went.

Our interview at the Oakland Park Field Office was on September 28th at 9:10. Got there around 8:50 and went through security pretty quickly (only 5 people in the line before us). Sat down by 9 and waited until we were called in at 10. Now we were one of those that paid for an attorney just for peace of mind and he did help us out in certain areas but in retrospect, this process could have been done without one. The plus side to having an attorney there is that they are familiar with most of the officers there so they have a good rapport even if they aren't helping you answer any questions in the interview. I'm not for or against having an attorney, we just felt better at the beginning paying for one.

Anyway, we were called in at 10, sworn in, handed over our ID's, passports, SS cards, marriage certificate, birth certificate and we did an updated medical on the advice of our attorney since it was close to expiring. This actually ended up being good advice because the IO said the only thing about your file is the medical because it didn't have the gonorrhea testing; but since we redid the test a few weeks prior to the interview we just handed that to him and all was well. 

He then picked up our pile of evidence and went through it; we had bank statements, credit card stuff, well over a 100 pictures, trips to Georgia, pics at church, wedding pics, car insurance, health insurance, life insurance, the receipt from Zales for her wedding ring and medical bills from her teeth extraction. We had the prescriptions on those as well and we made small talk on that too cause he recognized one of the prescriptions.

Then he asked my wife (the beneficiary) where we met, why she chose me, what my favorite tv shows were (she got all but one, but this dude was real patient and she was able to describe the show and he actually answered with the title and she said yes that's it (Breaking Bad if you want to know), if she has a relationship with my parents, my mom's name and where she lives, why my mom lives in Canada (she had no idea and said well that's where her husband lives and that's not really something we've spoken about).  He asked what was my dad's name, where I work and what I do, where I was born and she kind of messed up on that one (St Catherine instead of St Andrew, but then he made a sound like mmmm and shook his head and she corrected with no St Andrew and he just nodded). He asked her maybe 2 more questions and then told us he had to make some copies of a few things and asked us to pick a few photos out and then chose a few as an illustration of what he was looking for, telling us that these would go a long way in making our case great. 

So we started picking a few and he commented that he wished other couples wedding pics were as nice and professional as ours. He also looked at some other photos (not wedding related) and said, you two look like a very happy couple in these. Our lawyer then chimed in (IDK why but not complaining)  that he (talking about me the USC) graduated with his MBA so he's a very detailed person and the IO agreed yes I can see that and for the job you have you would have to be.

He moved on into the yes/no questions on the I485 form at the end, which I thought would be at the start of the interview but we rolled through those pretty quick.

Then at the end he asked if we have any other questions and we said no; our lawyer then asked the IO do you have any other questions that we need to answer and he said no. Our lawyer asked is there any info that we didn't provide and the IO said no you covered everything. Then our lawyer asked so is there anything you want to let this fine couple know and the IO just smiled and said he couldn't say anything right now but we will get an answer in due time. 

As he walked us out though, the IO said Congratulations guys and I wish you all the best! We played it off and just said thank you and have a great day! That was 10:45 so we spent 45 mins in there but it didn't seem that long.

Right around 3pm or so we got an email that the card was ordered for production and the status on USCIS changed to reflect that!!!!!!!!!!!!

The card came by the following Thursday on the 5th.

Again keep hope alive, come prepared and be relaxed!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
2 hours ago, kartay03 said:

Our interview at the Oakland Park Field Office was on September 28th at 9:10. Got there around 8:50 and went through security pretty quickly (only 5 people in the line before us). Sat down by 9 and waited until we were called in at 10. Now we were one of those that paid for an attorney just for peace of mind and he did help us out in certain areas but in retrospect, this process could have been done without one. The plus side to having an attorney there is that they are familiar with most of the officers there so they have a good rapport even if they aren't helping you answer any questions in the interview. I'm not for or against having an attorney, we just felt better at the beginning paying for one.

Anyway, we were called in at 10, sworn in, handed over our ID's, passports, SS cards, marriage certificate, birth certificate and we did an updated medical on the advice of our attorney since it was close to expiring. This actually ended up being good advice because the IO said the only thing about your file is the medical because it didn't have the gonorrhea testing; but since we redid the test a few weeks prior to the interview we just handed that to him and all was well. 

He then picked up our pile of evidence and went through it; we had bank statements, credit card stuff, well over a 100 pictures, trips to Georgia, pics at church, wedding pics, car insurance, health insurance, life insurance, the receipt from Zales for her wedding ring and medical bills from her teeth extraction. We had the prescriptions on those as well and we made small talk on that too cause he recognized one of the prescriptions.

Then he asked my wife (the beneficiary) where we met, why she chose me, what my favorite tv shows were (she got all but one, but this dude was real patient and she was able to describe the show and he actually answered with the title and she said yes that's it (Breaking Bad if you want to know), if she has a relationship with my parents, my mom's name and where she lives, why my mom lives in Canada (she had no idea and said well that's where her husband lives and that's not really something we've spoken about).  He asked what was my dad's name, where I work and what I do, where I was born and she kind of messed up on that one (St Catherine instead of St Andrew, but then he made a sound like mmmm and shook his head and she corrected with no St Andrew and he just nodded). He asked her maybe 2 more questions and then told us he had to make some copies of a few things and asked us to pick a few photos out and then chose a few as an illustration of what he was looking for, telling us that these would go a long way in making our case great. 

So we started picking a few and he commented that he wished other couples wedding pics were as nice and professional as ours. He also looked at some other photos (not wedding related) and said, you two look like a very happy couple in these. Our lawyer then chimed in (IDK why but not complaining)  that he (talking about me the USC) graduated with his MBA so he's a very detailed person and the IO agreed yes I can see that and for the job you have you would have to be.

He moved on into the yes/no questions on the I485 form at the end, which I thought would be at the start of the interview but we rolled through those pretty quick.

Then at the end he asked if we have any other questions and we said no; our lawyer then asked the IO do you have any other questions that we need to answer and he said no. Our lawyer asked is there any info that we didn't provide and the IO said no you covered everything. Then our lawyer asked so is there anything you want to let this fine couple know and the IO just smiled and said he couldn't say anything right now but we will get an answer in due time. 

As he walked us out though, the IO said Congratulations guys and I wish you all the best! We played it off and just said thank you and have a great day! That was 10:45 so we spent 45 mins in there but it didn't seem that long.

Right around 3pm or so we got an email that the card was ordered for production and the status on USCIS changed to reflect that!!!!!!!!!!!!

The card came by the following Thursday on the 5th.

Again keep hope alive, come prepared and be relaxed!

Congrats :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Received our interview letter,   Interview in Houston is November 13, 2017

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
4 hours ago, Beth & Achraf said:

Received our interview letter,   Interview in Houston is November 13, 2017

Congratulations to everyone!

We are still here patiently waiting with a priority date of Sept 6 2016. Filed in Miami Florida. Recently Applied for a EAD renewal which expires in November.

The wait continues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

hey guys, as I have posted here before I am a US Citizen and I applied for both my parents back in September of 2016. Just last week we got my mothers I130 approved  and yesterday we received a RFE stating they need new medicals.... we still have not gotten a letter for a interview. on the other part we still have not received anything for my father. 2 months ago we sent the renewal for there EAD but we still have not gotten a decision. They will expire 11/15/2017. my lawyer is telling me that my mom should be approved once they receive the new medicals.... I am hoping so! my parents came with a visa back in 2000. so its been a long 17 years of being out of status! I will keep you guys updated. its been a very long journey

***CURRENT STATUS: US CITIZEN***

N-400 Naturalization Filed in the Texas LockBox (GC Date of 08/05/13)

00 Days- 05/09/16 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/10/16 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/10/16***

10 Days- 05/19/16 Received NOA

17 Days- 05/26/16 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/06/16

18 Days- 05/27/16 Biometrics Walk-in

***TRAVEL ABROAD FROM 06/15-06/30***

57 Days- 07/05/16 In Line For Interview :)

64 Days- 07/11/16 Interview Letter Mailed with a Scheduled date of 08/18/16

102 Days- 08/18/16 Interview (L) "Recommended For Approval"

106 Days- 08/22/16 In-Line for Oath :dancing:

117 Days- 09/02/16 Oath Ceremony (L) Officially a US CITIZEN.

121 Days- 09/06/16 Sent EXPEDITE passport application :dancing:

129 Days- 09/14/16 Received Passport :)

I-751 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS FILED IN THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER (GC EXPIRATION DATE OF 08/05/15)

00 Days- 05/07/15 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/08/15 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/07/15 Even Tho Package Was Delivered On 05/08/15***

19 Days- 05/26/15 Received NOA

40 Days- 06/16/15 Biometrics Done

42 Days- 06/18/15 Stamp On Passport I-551 (evidence of permanent residency for 1 year with expiration date of 06/17/16)

181 Days- 11/04/15 Approved VIA Text Message 8:30 PM Eastern Time!

186 Days- 11/09/15 Approval letter came in from Charleston, SC office!

189 Days- 11/13/15 Greencard Arrived (L)

AOS, I-765, I-130 ADJUSTING THROUGH MARRIAGE (CURRENT IMMIGRATION STATUS: DACA, But came legally with Turist Visa)
00 Days- 05/14/13 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/15/13 Priority Date
08 Days- 05/22/13 Received NOA
14 Days- 05/28/13 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/12/13
16 Days- 05/30/13 Biometrics Walk-in:

36 Days- 06/19/13 Interview & Scheduling

49 Days- 07/02/13 USCIS Online Notification (interview Scheduled For 08/05/13)

63 Days- 07/16/13 EAD APPROVED good.gif

71 Days- 07/24/13 EAD Received

84 Days- 08/05/13 INTERVIEW!!!!!dancin5hr.gif

84 Days- 08/05/13 APPROVED ON THE SPOT BABY!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
17 hours ago, 242Arthenhoj said:

Congratulations to everyone!

We are still here patiently waiting with a priority date of Sept 6 2016. Filed in Miami Florida. Recently Applied for a EAD renewal which expires in November.

The wait continues.

I did my interview on July 31st 2017 Oakland Park office and am still waiting for decision 11months for interview going to infopass tomorrow cause my ead expires January and I don’t got notice for i485 to renew but when I made inquiry about my green card the told me to wait 60-90days from 09/20/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, Myboo123 said:

I did my interview on July 31st 2017 Oakland Park office and am still waiting for decision 11months for interview going to infopass tomorrow cause my ead expires January and I don’t got notice for i485 to renew but when I made inquiry about my green card the told me to wait 60-90days from 09/20/17

you never get a notice to renew... send in the app! Its free.... don't wait till its to late then you will go a couple of weeks with out it

***CURRENT STATUS: US CITIZEN***

N-400 Naturalization Filed in the Texas LockBox (GC Date of 08/05/13)

00 Days- 05/09/16 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/10/16 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/10/16***

10 Days- 05/19/16 Received NOA

17 Days- 05/26/16 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/06/16

18 Days- 05/27/16 Biometrics Walk-in

***TRAVEL ABROAD FROM 06/15-06/30***

57 Days- 07/05/16 In Line For Interview :)

64 Days- 07/11/16 Interview Letter Mailed with a Scheduled date of 08/18/16

102 Days- 08/18/16 Interview (L) "Recommended For Approval"

106 Days- 08/22/16 In-Line for Oath :dancing:

117 Days- 09/02/16 Oath Ceremony (L) Officially a US CITIZEN.

121 Days- 09/06/16 Sent EXPEDITE passport application :dancing:

129 Days- 09/14/16 Received Passport :)

I-751 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS FILED IN THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER (GC EXPIRATION DATE OF 08/05/15)

00 Days- 05/07/15 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/08/15 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/07/15 Even Tho Package Was Delivered On 05/08/15***

19 Days- 05/26/15 Received NOA

40 Days- 06/16/15 Biometrics Done

42 Days- 06/18/15 Stamp On Passport I-551 (evidence of permanent residency for 1 year with expiration date of 06/17/16)

181 Days- 11/04/15 Approved VIA Text Message 8:30 PM Eastern Time!

186 Days- 11/09/15 Approval letter came in from Charleston, SC office!

189 Days- 11/13/15 Greencard Arrived (L)

AOS, I-765, I-130 ADJUSTING THROUGH MARRIAGE (CURRENT IMMIGRATION STATUS: DACA, But came legally with Turist Visa)
00 Days- 05/14/13 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/15/13 Priority Date
08 Days- 05/22/13 Received NOA
14 Days- 05/28/13 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/12/13
16 Days- 05/30/13 Biometrics Walk-in:

36 Days- 06/19/13 Interview & Scheduling

49 Days- 07/02/13 USCIS Online Notification (interview Scheduled For 08/05/13)

63 Days- 07/16/13 EAD APPROVED good.gif

71 Days- 07/24/13 EAD Received

84 Days- 08/05/13 INTERVIEW!!!!!dancin5hr.gif

84 Days- 08/05/13 APPROVED ON THE SPOT BABY!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.